Is there anyone here who ONLY plays Strat/Strat copies?

elsupermanny14

• Members

Lately, that would be me.

I have other guitars, but I've been gigging with my strats pretty steadily lately. I find that I can play an entire gig with one guitar and get all the different tones I need. And the guitar that can swing that, is a strat.

• Members

Lately, that would be me.

I have other guitars, but I've been gigging with my strats pretty steadily lately. I find that I can play an entire gig with one guitar and get all the different tones I need. And the guitar that can swing that, is a strat.

Kool! I'm just curious cuz I think I'm developing an unhealthy obsession over Strats. I have two already and my third is going to the American Standard. Even the guitar I want after that is a Strat except I want to find one with a Floyd Rose on it and 22 frets.

• Members

Kool! I'm just curious cuz I think I'm developing an unhealthy obsession over Strats. I have two already and my third is going to the American Standard. Even the guitar I want after that is a Strat except I want to find one with a Floyd Rose on it and 22 frets.

There you go.

When I go into music stores, I look at Strats.

I've got 4, with one on the way. I just keep picking 'em up, I don't know why. I don't NEED anymore, but I want them. It's sad really!

• Members

All I play (at least in my band) are strats. I have a few other styles, but I don't feel at home on anything else.

Yeah brother the Strat just has the right feel to it. It's hard to explain but when you pick one up it just feels normal. For me also I really do not like neck humbuckers, I hate them. I think single coil in the neck is amazing! So I run humbuckers in the bridge of both of my Strats to get some really good heavy sounds but then I run the other single coils for a change and that great single coil neck tone.

• Members

I pretty much only play strats and strat-shaped guitars. As of this moment, I have 11 guitars, 10 of which are strat-shaped (assuming you count Parkers as strat-shaped) two of them are H/H, 3 of them are H/S/S, 5 of them are S/S/S and one is an Ibanez LP double cut jobbie with H/H.

I guess I just stick with what works. Strats are supremely comfortable to me and I get what I feel are pretty LP-ish tones out of my H/H strat-shaped guitars.

• Members

For me also I really do not like neck humbuckers, I hate them. I think single coil in the neck is amazing! So I run humbuckers in the bridge of both of my Strats to get some really good heavy sounds but then I run the other single coils for a change and that great single coil neck tone.

My '74 had been modded before my family got it with a neck humbucker and the two original mid/bridge pups. I guess that would be SSH. Why someone would put a humbucker in the neck of a strat (ok, actually I have a H/H/H strat, but that's besides the point [and my pickups are splittable on that ax]), I don't know. I also don't "get" single pickup ax's where the bridge pup is the single pickup. If I had to have one pickup, it would be a neck single coil on a stat type guitar.

• Members

For me also I really do not like neck humbuckers, I hate them.

:eek:

But... but... but... You mean you hate Slash's tone on the intro to Sweet Child of Mine or the first half of the solo? Or the leads in November Rain? Those are AWESOME tones!

The neck single coil is without a doubt my favorite and if I had to, I could live with just a single strat with just a good neck single coil, but I love the neck humbucker tone as well. of course, you can't just unplug a neck single coil guitar and plug in a neck humbucker... you to tweak the EQ and maybe go with a different type of gain, but in my opinion, the neck humbucker is one of the 3 great hard rock lead guitar tones.

• Members

I can't say that I only play Strats, but they are probably my favorite guitar. I own two, a MIM and a Bullet (soon to be upgraded), and when I play them, I always tell myself that I love Strats the best.

Then I picked up my Tele today and said Tele's are my favorite, and I want another one :idk:

I don't think that I can ever have ONLY a Strat, but they're mighty fine, damned good guitars :thu::D

Archived