HCEG Album, C'MON....Let's do it!

RooSTER-b

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol, dave you had to capitalize the word you spelled wrong
;)

Yeah, i don't really know how to add a track that was taken from outside of the program. but if i could figure it out and you'd want to add some cool bass to the song, then i'm down for sure
:thu:

I will do it.

Send me a link to the track, and I will import it into protools, play some bass over it on another channel, and slap that puppy back out into the ether.

Dude, as far as spelling.... I am officially THE worst typist, and editor of my own posts on Harmony central. Maybe in the world. :facepalm:

• Members

I'm in.......as long as we don't get sued by Satch (zipping up flame suit.....WOW I just heard teh Satriani song and the Coldplay mashed together, sounds like Joe is playing lead for 'em....I hope he bleeds the 'lil theiving bastages dry!! Couldn't ya have changed the BPM and key????)

I gots 1 w/ vocals and 1 without......anyone wanny take a stab at vox for D'Boogie on http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6075002 ?? I will remix......

I will also recut some things on this: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6942553

Great idea, would be honored to be a part of....

• Members

OK.......here's what I need everyone to do. Rather than me going to your myspace, soundclick etc. and downloading tracks, send me a cd of the track you wish to submit along with a picture of you for a montage or something. Include the song title, the name in which you want your recording under, and your HCEG screen name. If you can't decide which song to use, send several on a cd and I will choose. I will make a deadline probably sometime in late January, early Feb. Hopefully that will give people time to get something together. PM me for my address if you are on board, and I will put you on the list. The only out of pocket expense will be mass producing the cd's and we will cross that bridge when it is time. It won't amount to that much money.

Jeff

• Members

I produced two Open Jam forum member CDs, and it was a LOT of fun. They're still for sale at CDBABY... the price is set at the actual cost of making the CD, with no profits for anyone. This way, we were able to keep the cost really low, and the quality really high. Producing, mastering, compiling, formatting the artwork (which was also created by the forum members) and everything else was done at no charge. All the songs were originals (no covers allowed), and everyone submitting a song had to sign a form allowing the use of the song at no charge. Everyone submitting a song or artwork also assumes all copyright liability in the event that there are any copyright infringement issues or disputes. Also, don't use the name or logo for Harmony Central on the artwork... the old site owner gave us permission to use it, but the new owners never responded to a request to use it on a new CD.

With that said, throw me and my band in the ring. Let me know when you need the track. Also, ask Frets to make this a sticky, so it's easy to track the progress. It'll be nice to let someone else do all the work this time! ;)

• Members

I produced two Open Jam forum member CDs, and it was a LOT of fun. They're still for sale at CDBABY... the price is at cost. Mastering, compiling, formatting the artwork (which was also created by the forum members) and everything else was done at no charge. All the songs were originals (no covers allowed), and everyone submitting a song had to sign a form allowing the use of the song at no charge. Everyone submitting a song or artwork also assumes all copyright liability in the event that there are any copyright infringement issues or disputes. Also, don't use the name or logo for Harmony Central on the artwork... the old site owner gave us permission to use it, but the new owners never responded to a request to use it on a new CD.

With that said, throw me and my band in the ring. Let me know when you need the track. Also, ask Frets to make this a sticky, so it's easy to track the progress. It'll be nice to let someone else do all the work this time!
;)

Wow!!!!!

I am listening to it now!!!

I am listening to a track called Walk with me.

Outstanding playing and great productiuon!!

THIS is what I'm talkin about.

Nice job.:thu::thu:

• Members

And...Why not produce a Public Domain Album?

This will help to everybody hear this songs without paying anything. We could sell the album in a CD, but it will not be copyrigth.

I think that one day, if this is not a public domain album, one of us is going to want to get some money with the song. So it is better to say say good bye rigth now to that money.

I suggest to create the HCEG Fundation, change the name if you want...

I would like to say...
I suggest to use the money for scholarships for university.

Or give the money to some kind of research about medicine. We really need new medicines.

But do not forget my main request: This should be a Public domain album.

• Members

This is a slippery slope. I think most of the people she want to contribute already have their songs available in some free form via myspace, soundclick, whatever. Also, we can't use the HCEG name at all. My Idea was to see what kind of creative people we have here. I don't want anyone running off to make a bunch of super professional sounding recordings.

As far as money.....hell, we could give the cd's away to forumites as far as I'm concerned, but I figured most people wouldn't mind paying 5 bucks for a cd if they knew the money was going to a worthy cause.

Once again.....it's all about the creativity. I'm not looking for one dime. We're gonna do this on the cheap, as that is the spirit in which it was conceived.

• Members

This is a slippery slope. I think most of the people she want to contribute already have their songs available in some free form via myspace, soundclick, whatever. Also, we can't use the HCEG name at all. My Idea was to see what kind of creative people we have here. I don't want anyone running off to make a bunch of super professional sounding recordings.

As far as money.....hell, we could give the cd's away to forumites as far as I'm concerned, but I figured most people wouldn't mind paying 5 bucks for a cd if they knew the money was going to a worthy cause.

Once again.....it's all about the creativity. I'm not looking for one dime. We're gonna do this on the cheap, as that is the spirit in which it was conceived.

I feel the same way - it really doesn't bother me what people do with my songs - I dont spend to much time on them anyway! For the most part, my stuff is pretty much mastered- i have them all in Mp3 and iPod formats.

• Members

One more thing........I would encourage people to record/create something new that isn't currently on display somewhere, more as a challenge than anything else. If you don't have the time or resources, I understand. Send what you got.

Great idea! I'll send you something this weekend:thu:

Archived