Agile guitar... horrible intonation/honest opinion/not another glowing review/etc

sickman

• Members

What is forced air heating? But yes... it was cold enough I had to turn my heating on for a week at night. I haven't had to do that since I have been living on my own.

It's more about the humidity than it is the temperature. If you're running the heater then your house is probably very dry and that will cause some guitars to have issues. Mind you, some will be just fine while others will need a truss rod tweek at the very least.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If that were true, it might be because the title of the thread includes "....honest opinion/not another glowing review", suggesting that all the good reviews were dishonest.

But obviously it isn't true, as others are trying to help with suggestions as opposed your posts that have one intent - knocking Agile owners.

Very helpful.

Where did I knock anyone? I told the OP that Agile is a hugely popular brand around here and anyone knocking it is going to get a furious backlash over it. So far, I'd say that's about accurate and I'd expect it to get uglier as the day goes on..

• Members

I disagree..

Truss rod adjustment is purely for setting relief and bridge height for action. Both are subject to player tastes. Intonation is absolutely set by the distance of string from nut to saddle and should be set after the action has been set. Being in tune is not subjective.

• Members

Truss rod adjustment is purely for setting relief and bridge height for action. Both are subject to player tastes. Intonation is absolutely set by the distance of string from nut to saddle and should be set after the action has been set. Being in tune is not subjective.

When the truss rod is adjusted, the nut moves.. When the nut moves, string length changes.

• Members

I've had guitars where the action has affected the intonation. The action being high causes the string to go sharp because it has farther to travel before it's fretted. I mean yeah, the action has to be pretty high and it depends on the gauge but I've had it happen.

• Members

we can't even establish if the OP has a strobe tuner....

So what? What does that have to do with the guitar being a piece of {censored}? I don't get why everyone is so quick to defend these things. They are cheap-ass guitars, and there are bound to be a number of them that are just plain {censored}. Perhaps this is one.

Having a strobe tuner is not gonna magically polish this turd.

• Members

we can't even establish if the OP has a strobe tuner....

However we have established that he has no working clue about intonation.

He really doesn't need a strobe to do a 'decent' intonation - it won't be perfect, but guitars typically never are (or never are everywhere on the neck, or never for very long.) He does need a reasonable accurate tuner though.

And some instruction on intonation.

And the willingness to do it.

Hell, I do it on every string change.

Edit:

FTR: I do not, nor have ever owned an agile. But I'm skeptical of the opinion of anyone who does not understand basic intonation.

It like saying a Ford is a POS because the timing is off.

• Members

However we have established that he has no working clue about intonation.

He really doesn't need a strobe to do a 'decent' intonation - it won't be perfect, but guitars typically never are (or never are everywhere on the neck, or never for very long.) He does need a reasonable accurate tuner though.

And some instruction on intonation.

And the willingness to do it.

Hell, I do it on every string change.

Same here.. I'm very picky about my intonation, cuz I do a lot of clean playing and chords above the 12th fret.. When there is a problem, it screams very loudly in my playing..

• Members

RavenCAD, you're trolling.

and you are fanboy-ing.. You cannot accept that this guitar might be a turd, yet you'd fully accept that a Gibson could have this problem.. I'm sorry, but bent bridge posts and warped necks happen to all brands, even your precious Agile.. I'll admit, I'm poking fun in most of this thread, but the fact ramains that anyone defaming an Agile around here provokes a {censored} load of fanboys.. Like yourself =)

• Members

A guitar can only be deemed a 'turd' when the individual making a claim is of the level being abel to ascertain it himself. The OP can't intonate an Agile.. let alone if it were a Fender, a Gibson or any other guitar...

I think the problem lies between the floor and the guitar at this point.

• Members

Perhaps it is. Thanks for playing.

Do you have one? :poke:

I have eleven.

PERHAPS IT IS.

DeNSE.

I'm hardly a fan boy of Agile. I like em, but that doesn't make me a fanboy. Certainly not like you and your Carvins. Gah.

I've got 11 Agiles, and 6 Gibsons, and 4 Fenders. How is that fanboy?

Perhaps you guys are just douchebags. Yep that's it.

Help the boy out or step off.

Archived