replacement necks for Strats

mbengs1

• Members
what are some popular brands of replacement necks for strats? I was considering Mighty Mite or Hosco. What should I look at when selecting a neck for my upcoming Partscaster project?

I've got a couple of telecasters, one with a Warmoth neck and one with a Mighty Might. The Mighty Might is comparable with a Mexican built Fender and the Warmoth is a premium product and double the price of the Mighty Might.

I gig with both guitars and don't have any problems with either one. The difference is the Mighty Might is a replacement I put on a Fender Telecaster and the Warmoth is for a partscaster I built with premium parts.

I highly recommend Warmoth - they have a wide variety of styles to choose from and will build one to your own specs if that's the way you want to go. Check out their website - even if you don't buy from them there is a wealth of information available.

• Members

Ken Warmoth was interviewed in one of the lutherie magazines and said the frets on their necks aren't at their final level or finish - he said they expect the installer to do the frets when he is done installing. My experience is that Warmoth necks were much better than Mighty Mite but still needed a bit of a tweak. That Gotoh side adjust truss rod is totally cool.

• Members

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32508949}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32508950}[/ATTACH] I get my replacement necks from GFS, I prefer the Wholesale Replacement Strat necks to the XGP ones.

I just got a mahogany replacement neck from GFS for my Epiphone LP Special II and it’s really nice

• Members

I bought a Musikraft replacement Strat neck a while back - quartersawn with dark rosewood board. They did the neck profile I wanted and at the time were able to finish the neck in nitro gloss (last time I checked finishing was sadly no longer available). Neck came with tuners and bone nut installed, all I had to do was stick a fake Fender decal on it and it was good to go!

Very high quality item, as good as for example a Fender EJ neck. I like that it looks 100% vintage, but has modern frets. I did have to add a washer under the truss rod nut, but it's been stable since then (years).

Archived