No announcement yet.

RAIN . . .

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAIN . . .

Fathers Day trio gig at an oyster bar. It's converted gas station - picnic table with umbrellas and a stage tent set up in front of one of the bays. Oddly enough, I haven't played a lot of outdoor gigs and I'm wondering what sort of rainout policy to expect. 50% chance all day . . .

Have you asked the owner or booking agent what the policy or backup plan is in the event of rain? I'd start there...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
      Have you asked the owner or booking agent what the policy or backup plan is in the event of rain? I'd start there...
      I did, but haven't heard back.

I'm finding that a lot of venues are new to all this, so this may not have happened to them yet.

Comment

You have to start with what's safe... if you're going to be outside in the rain with amps and PA equipment, that's not safe... unless the tents are big enough to realistically keep you and all the gear dry...

I doubt many people will want to stand in the rain and eat / listen to music either...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
        - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
        - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

When I ask two guys to play a gig with me - both for the first time - they might want to know if they're going to get paid. So the question really is more like what is your cancellation policy?

Comment

She just responded to my email:

"We have a very large tent, so unless it is torrential and crazy, we plan on still having you all!!

"

Comment

Working...
            X