Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm curious who else use a rack based setup, whether for studio work or live.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm curious who else use a rack based setup, whether for studio work or live.

I'm using the Egnater M4 together with a modified Marshall 9100 for distorted and a Mesa Fifty/ Fifty for clean tones myself. For a while it also incorporated a TC Electronic G-system, but I grew tired of the user interface and the unnatural sounding modulation effects of it. Those new TonePrint pedals seem up my street though.
    Along the fretboard of life, there's a chord for every occasion.

So you're not gonna use the G-System and use the tone print pedals instead?
    What's the rack for?....will you mount the pedals in the rack and and controlling them via midi??
    SELLING
    ....lots of pedals and related stuff spring '17

www.jpaulmusic.com
    www.facebook.com/jpaulmusic

Comment

Rack based here.

Triaxis. GSP2120 through the effects loop. Stereo out to BBE Sonic Maximizer. BBE out to Simul 2:90.
      www.myspace.com/echoesoffear
      "Mosh, Bleed, Heal, Repeat"
      Halo Octavia 6 string
      Halo BH 6 string
      Halo GVK 6 strin
      Halo 667 6 string
      Halo Octavia 8 string
      Carvin DC150
      Carvin X220
      Carvin DC747
      USA Jackson SLATM/A
      Ibanez RG1527

Mesa TriAxis
      Digitech GSP2120
      Mesa Simul 2:90
      Celestion loaded Custom 4x12

Comment

I use a rack rig for playing live guitar with my cover band.

ADA MP-1, Rocktron Intellifex, Samson Wireless, Tapco SQ-2, Korg DTR-2, Juice Goose 8.0, Peavey Classic 120, Rolls MidiBuddy, Legend cabs w/Celestions, and Grundorf cases.
        Originally posted by rog951She's still the only girl I've met who, after swallowing, would let out a satisfying "ahhhhhhhh" like she'd just finished off a beer on a hot summer day!~Rich

Comment

I use this rig for live work-Carvin UX-16 wireless, Digitech GSP 1101 with Control 2, MosValve power amps (various) into 2 GenzBenz Gflex 212 cabs.

Comment

I use a Rocktron Vendetta head with a rack based system consisting of:
            Hughes & Kettner Access
            Rocktron Multivalve
            Rocktron Replifex
            Digitech DHP-33

Lovin' it.

Comment

Other than having a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp in my live rig for quite some time, I normally gig with a head and pedals, but I record with the following:

Peavey Rockmaster preamp
              ART DST-4 preamp/processor
              Carvin Tube 100 power amp
              ART Dual Tube EQ parametric
              BBE Sonic Maximizer 362NR
              Sabine RT7100 tuner

I basically pieced that rig together specifically for my band's most recent album, loved how it turned out, and intend to use it again the next time we record. I sold the Rocktron Multi-Valve processor that I used for a couple of effects, but haven't decided if I'm going to bother getting another effects unit or not, as we really don't use anything that the ART DST-4 can't provide.
              Originally Posted by Captain_howdy

^^ this guy just said "lard tsunami".

UNDER EDEN: The Science of Self-Defeat at CD Baby - / - Facebook - / - Official Website - / - My Blog: Extreme Metal Musician

Member of the Jackson/Charvel Army
              ----------------------------------
              Jackson Guitars - ART Preamps & EQs - Peavey & Carvin Amps - Rocktron, Tech 21 NYC & EHX Effects

Comment

Digitech 1101 here,with a control2 straight into board,no amps anymore. Still got 'em just don't carry them around to gigs anymore.
                DON'T BE ALARMED!!! REMAIN CALM!!!!!!!!!
                There's nothing to see here. It's another day in IDAHO!!!

My bands Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stiff.richard

Comment

Digitech 1101 here,with a control2 straight into board,no amps anymore. Still got 'em just don't carry them around to gigs anymore.

Same here for me, my band goes in-ear.
                  PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
                  Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
                  Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
                  YouTube
                  Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

I use two different rack rigs.

My main live rig:

Digital Reference Wireless ->
                    Egnater M4 ->
                    TC Electronic G-Major2 ->
                    Mesa 50/50
                    Controlled with Ground Control Pro w/2 EB Jr's for CC control.

Second rig:
                    AxeFX Standard ->
                    Mesa 20/20
                    Jim Rodgers
                    R3FX
                    http://www.r3fx.com
                    jim@r3fx.com
                    Custom built pedals and mods. Ask me about Line 6 mods!

Comment

My current recording rig is rack mounted: Outside of the rack is the computer, a 24x4 microphone snake and, of course, a bunch of mics, stands, etc.
                      My new webpage: http://www.richardkingmedia.com/ Take a look and let me know what you think.

Comment

ADA Fan Boy here! MP-1 into Roland GP-16, into Micro Cab I or Ampulator into T100S into the stereo cab d'jour. All racked up with a tuner, wireless and a power conditioner (for the cool lights) with a Pitchtraq and MQ1 although not always in the circuit. And I think I recognize Rich above from the depot! I haven't had my rack out in quite awhile. I might have to open it up this weekend! When I'm not providing sound, I play bass more than guitar. Bass gear is also racked. The one I use most is an Ampeg B5R with a tuner, wireless and power conditioner into a Ampeg 2x10 wedge of a Mesa Boogie Road Ready 6x10. Used less often (and currently torn apart) is a Bag End/Crown rack. I love and have always loved rack gear. I can set up any of the above rigs in less than five minutes and be having a beer and a smoke before the drummer has rolled out the rug he plans on setting his drums on.
                        One more time kids; equalizers are not cross overs, vocal mics are not cymbal mics and pan knobs are not three position switches. As you were.

Comment

My current recording rig is rack mounted: Outside of the rack is the computer, a 24x4 microphone snake and, of course, a bunch of mics, stands, etc.

That looks like a nice mobile rig.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thanks, Phil. It works quite nicely and is light enought that I can carry it myself (usually). Everything fits in the back of my 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe (169,000 miles so far). All of the recent songs on my website were done using that rig as it grew (except for Wildfire by Michael Martin Murphy which was recorded in 1976 or so, just a bit early).

I forgot to post a picture of my other "rack":
                            My new webpage: http://www.richardkingmedia.com/ Take a look and let me know what you think.

Comment

here is mine, i use a mesa boogie studio pre, hafler t3, and marshall power amp. everything runs thru a 16 channel switcher so i can add effects in any order all in stereo to two marshall cabs.
                              GUITARS
                              96 gibson sg faded sh-6s, 90 gibson les paul w/50s wiring sd sh-6 and classic 57, 11 ibanez rg3550 prestige, 07 fender strat h-s-s jb duncan and sh1 singles, 85 fender mij contemp strat 11 Esp Ltd mh-1000 with emg's, 95 mim fender strat, 92 martin d-16h, 2006 Martin d-28, 04 martin d-16, 78 Yamaha fg512 12-string, 00 Ibanez rg7421 7 string
                              AMPS
                              5150, rivera knucklehead, mesa studio pre, digitech 2120, marshall 9005 power amp, peavey ultra 212

Comment

Working...
                              X