Waiting on acapella,harmony-central.com...

daklander

• Members

Does my super-fast broadband revert back to 300 baud dialup when I access this set of forums?

How in the hell did anyone get over a couple of thousand posts with this snail?

Has to be the absolute slowest acting forum set I've ever been on, including dialup.

Sheesh. I have enough gray hair, I don't need more from waiting for something to load up.

• Members

Took over a minute for that post to clear. That was actually fairly fast. There are some I've drifted off of to do something else while waiting. You know, read and answer email, Design a spreadsheet, update my websites, mix a drink, come back and wait another while until the thing processes....

• Members

DITTO here!!!

This bog down is very cumbersome, and it's especially bad around 4:00 in the afternoon when I get home from work. The slow load time will veer many away that enjoy reading and posting on the forums, but don't have the extra time to hang in mid-air waiting for the pages to roll. I know that I'm posting less than what I have in the past due to the frustration in waiting.

I'm on broadband and the load time is taking in excess of a minute each, sometimes in excess of 2 minutes. I don't even TRY to access during peak times anymore; 2 minutes would be fast during peak hours to access these forums.

I've accessed other web sites just to see if there was a bog down on the internet in general, or my ISP provider, but all other sites pull at regular speeds.

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Oh god!

That means we will all be in suspense waiting for your next worthless post.

Love,

Michael

Originally posted by justcrash

I was going to say something similar, but you have said all that needs to be said.
:)

Originally posted by Duck King

I bet the Music Player forums are working fine. Maybe you guys should go back there.

I guess just like great minds, small minds also think alike.

• Members

I guess there are those who don't think that time is of essence and they have nothing better to do than wait. For those involved professionally in the recording industry or music business; often wasted minutes, equals wasted money. There are many accomplished music business and record engineering professionals that frequent the SSS forums. Keep in mind that this "IS" an established virtual community where industry professionals exchange technical tips, share learned knowledge and teach those interested in advancing their musical/technical careers in the Music Business. Being rude and disrespectful to those that enter these forums and share their knowledge will result in the loss of industry mentors.

Those wanting to troll have been provided a place to continue the nonsense; you are the ones that are invading the new digs of the SSS forums.

I, for one, would willingly provide server space for the existence of the SSS community had Musician's Friend not offered Craig and Company an appealing offer to move the community here. I can assure you that there are many other long term members that would do the same without reservation. The SSS didn't get "booted" out of a home; they were invited to move into a new place with the promise of special accommodations in doing so. If I could match the offer that MF made to our great moderators, I would be proud to host the SSS forum on my site. If Craig and Co wanted to move the SSS forum over to my place without compensation, and merely use my server space... they'd find a new web home in a heartbeat!!!!

This isn't about the invasion of Harmony Central; this is about expansion and the addition of relevant information provided to educate and enhance the quality of these forums.

Those wanting to spew tripe do not belong here, there's a place for that. If you want to take advantage of the great opportunity to learn and advance your knowledge; then please silence your madness and use your time to musically and technically mature.

I don't have time to follow this thread because I'm working on an interview with a music pro.

• Members

Perhaps the invasion of MP is too much traffic for the tired little server chips that crave bandwidth. I noticed it a lot this weekend. Slow load to no load.

Longer boats are coming to win us,

they're coming to win us.

Hold on to the shore.

They'll be taking the key from the door.

Valhalla, I am coming.

tHANKyou

• Members

Originally posted by Ani

This isn't about the invasion of Harmony Central; this is about expansion and the addition of relevant information provided to educate and enhance the quality of these forums.

A ray of light?...

*sighs*

Archived