Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the BEST playing guitar EVER !!??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If playability is the only issue, I'd take the Parker Fly hands down.
    Dexter fans, check out The DexterCast podcast on iTunes or www.thedextercast.com. Two hosts have seen Dexter, two are watching for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by amanonfire
      gretsch anniversary model, i believe it was a '62. the best guitar i have ever played hands down.

Those ARE quite nice, aren't they?
      "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." (Edward Gibbon)

"Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook." (Alan Morgan)

"Guitar Forums FAQ's: Why Not?"

Eagle River Manifesto on religion.

Troll-Alt-Delete

Comment

Originally posted by the shaftmeister
        parker.

pick a model, as long as it is USA.

i just got a nitefly mojo and it is by the far the best playing guitar i have ever played.

peace

Comment

Gibson 335 & Kramer American Showster

Comment

Finds BC Rich's consistantly the best playing from platinum thru american. Jackson as second best so long as you get one without fretbumps out sides of fretboard.
            Life for its own carnal pleasure.Synths: Novation KS4 & Maudio Venom. Guitar: BC Rich It Warlock.. Bass: BC Rich Warlock. Sight: Aerial lasers by Omnisistem & Chauvet,. Geometric lasers by Extreme.

Comment

SG

Comment

Originally posted by SLfreak
                I'm quite surprised Jackson didn''t make that list... Soloists play themselves, you've just got to make "****************" faces while your holding it...

LMAO

The Bear
                My Tunes
                Colonel-SG Army
                Geezer Brigade--Trooper #306
                PRS Crusader--
                NRA
                Epiphone Empire

Comment

I see a lot of subjectivity in here. Honestly, Les Paul shouldn't even be on the list. It sounds great but the playability just can't match a strat or superstrat.

I will personally go with the Ibanez RG. Thin neck, AANJ, lightweight body, H-S-H, you got everything you need man.
                  My Gear:
                  2003 Ibanez RG450LTD with Breed bridge
                  SX strat with maple fretboard and SD Hotrails bridge
                  5150 combo
                  BOSS OD-3
                  BOSS MD-2

UP THE IRONS!!!
                  METAL MILITIA!!!
                  Proud member of the MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA

Comment

I have played very few guitars that play as well as my '83 ES 335 and none that play better.

As well:
                    - '74 Les Paul Standard (now long gone.)
                    - '03 Heritage Millennium
                    - '00 White Falcon

Not as well:
                    - '91 PRS Custom 24
                    - '99 Heritage H-535
                    - '99 ES 135
                    - '02? Hamer Monaco Superpro
                    - Several more recent 335s

Comment

Originally posted by SLfreak
                      I'm quite surprised Jackson didn''t make that list... Soloists play themselves, you've just got to make "****************" faces while your holding it...
                      dont be to surprised its not like a panel of guitar experts and a million guitar players were polled to make that list..................I could definately add a few more brands.........

Comment

Originally posted by Kable
                        Fender Jazzmaster.

Nice 60's C neck. The body shape is very comfortable, doesn't look too small on my 6'4" profile, and it stands out from all the other Fender and Gibson shapes out there. The neck pickup tone is about as good as electric guitar sounds get imho, the mid position sound can't be found anywhere else, the tremolo works perfectly, and the behind the bridge sounds open up even more possibilities.

Perhaps not the most "versatile" guitar around, but it's close, and works for everything I personally care about doing. Definitely a pain in the ass to setup though, but they're worth it.

The Jags would probably get my vote if it weren't for the shorter scale.

+1

Comment

"Playability" is such a vague term. I'm liking the neck on the Agile AL3000 I'm wearing right now, but it's not fast, which some might consider a prime part of playability.

I have always liked guitars with birdseye maple necks. My Talman TC630 plays like a dream, as did the Lite Ash strat I had a hankering for when I worked at GC.

Comment

SOMETHING ELSE is better than either a LP Gibby OR a Strat?? C'mon. That is so wrong.
                            You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
                            GB Trooper #198
                            'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy. (sic)
                            "Ned is the Jimi Hendrix of trolls." Minitruth, Dec. 18, 2007

Comment

If playability equals practically effortless playing, my 1988 Soloist is the best I
                              Founder of the Rivera Lounge
                              Member of the Jackson Nation

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L
                                If playability equals practically effortless playing, my 1988 Soloist is the best I

Comment

Working...
                                  X