What is the BEST playing guitar EVER !!??

Dr. Tweedbucket

• Members

Guitars with multi-radius necks have the best action. I have 3 like that. Two are Carvins and one is a telecaster I custome made with a Warmoth neck. There is absoulutely no downside to a multiradius neck. Every guitar should have one regardless of the style you play. But few manufacturers bother because it's more complicated to make them that way and few people know/care about it. I heard Carvin quit making their guitars that way, but it might be just a rumor. Multi radius necks have a slight cone shape to the fretboard instead of a cylinder shape. The strings line up along the cone for lower action. The cone shape is better because it accounts for the neck's taper from headstock to body in the action.

• Members

I see a lot of subjectivity in here. Honestly, Les Paul shouldn't even be on the list. It sounds great but the playability just can't match a strat or superstrat.

I will personally go with the Ibanez RG. Thin neck, AANJ, lightweight body, H-S-H, you got everything you need man.

• Members

I have played very few guitars that play as well as my '83 ES 335 and none that play better.

As well:
- '74 Les Paul Standard (now long gone.)
- '03 Heritage Millennium
- '00 White Falcon

Not as well:
- '91 PRS Custom 24
- '99 Heritage H-535
- '99 ES 135
- '02? Hamer Monaco Superpro
- Several more recent 335s

• Members
Originally posted by SLfreak

I'm quite surprised Jackson didn''t make that list... Soloists play themselves, you've just got to make "{censored}" faces while your holding it...

dont be to surprised its not like a panel of guitar experts and a million guitar players were polled to make that list..................I could definately add a few more brands.........

• Members

Originally posted by Kable

Fender Jazzmaster.

Nice 60's C neck. The body shape is very comfortable, doesn't look too small on my 6'4" profile, and it stands out from all the other Fender and Gibson shapes out there. The neck pickup tone is about as good as electric guitar sounds get imho, the mid position sound can't be found anywhere else, the tremolo works perfectly, and the behind the bridge sounds open up even more possibilities.

Perhaps not the most "versatile" guitar around, but it's close, and works for everything I personally care about doing. Definitely a pain in the ass to setup though, but they're worth it.

The Jags would probably get my vote if it weren't for the shorter scale.

+1

• Members

"Playability" is such a vague term. I'm liking the neck on the Agile AL3000 I'm wearing right now, but it's not fast, which some might consider a prime part of playability.

I have always liked guitars with birdseye maple necks. My Talman TC630 plays like a dream, as did the Lite Ash strat I had a hankering for when I worked at GC.

Archived