X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks!

seems like your priorities are exactly where they should be

I actually like the Agile headstock a lot better than the Epis that I looked at... the Agile logo and fleur de lis is mother of pearl and is really nicely finished although it doesn't show well in the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarcapo
      Just a good quality guitar cheap without all the hype and bull****************.

Yeah, no Agile hype on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by johndempsey
        Add 30% to the price of any Agile and they're average. Also, lower and midline Epi's are not made in Korea. I'm refering to strictly Korean made instruments. I'm not ripping on Agiles, but there's no mystique to them, they're just OEM'd Korean guitars subcontracted just like Nelsonics, Epis, ESPs, Schecters, MIK Fenders, blah, blah, the list goes on and on.

Right. But you sure are throwing around that 30% capriciously. The simple fact is that you can't walk into a store and find an instrument of similar quality at the same price point. This isn't to say there aren't nice instruments at $200, but a $200 Agile regularly crushed $200 offerings from Squier, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, etc.

The 2500 series is now bumped up in price, and I've not heard much yet about the 2000's, but the stories of Agile owners is generally one of people being amazed at getting the amount of guitar they got for the money they paid. They are amazed because they look around and see what else is comparable in that range and find it extremely wanting.

//S
        Playing lite rock and eeeasy listening in the Mazi Bee KICK ASS Militia.

Comment

Hmmm, they sell SX & Agiles locally in Seoul?
          Ha, I wonder if Rondo knows about that......

Originally posted by seifukusha

those are really nice pics. cosmetically, i dont like the fretmarkers, but that is a really sweet looking guitar.

i finally saw a place in Seoul that sells the sx and agile locally. didnt have alot of time to talk to them cause i had to meet this...

so..maybe next time...

i love that rootbeer, and the headstock looks surprisingly noncheesy. cheers

Comment

All I'm saying is that ther's no magic formula to what Agiles are, they come from the same factory that several other brands come from, just at a cheaper price without the middleman, advertising , blah blah blah. Their $400 guitar is Schecters $600 guitar, it's not like they're made by magic little elves like Keebler products are!!!!

Originally posted by Shocker

Right. But you sure are throwing around that 30% capriciously. The simple fact is that you can't walk into a store and find an instrument of similar quality at the same price point. This isn't to say there aren't nice instruments at $200, but a $200 Agile regularly crushed $200 offerings from Squier, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, etc.

The 2500 series is now bumped up in price, and I've not heard much yet about the 2000's, but the stories of Agile owners is generally one of people being amazed at getting the amount of guitar they got for the money they paid. They are amazed because they look around and see what else is comparable in that range and find it extremely wanting.

//S

Comment

well, if he wants to come here, ill translate for him...
              $100 an hour...

OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

If they didn't before...they do now.

Big Brother (Kurt) is always watching!!!

Comment

so where is the sweet spot in the line. He's got so damn many models so close together in price...
                  From Great Dane: INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

Comment

Depends on what you're looking for.

//S

Comment

I don't think anyone thinks that they are made by magic elves.
                      But your argument is the same as mine. They make a good guitar for the money. As good a guitar as you'd pay more for elsewhere. You said it yourself. That is why they are popular.
                      LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevman
                        I don't think anyone thinks that they are made by magic elves.
                        But your argument is the same as mine. They make a good guitar for the money. As good a guitar as you'd pay more for elsewhere. You said it yourself. That is why they are popular.

Exactly. Bump the prices up 30-50% and no one's talking about them.

I was just annoyed at it being thrown out as the reason so carelessly. That IS the reason.

//S

Comment

Well people would still talk about them. Like they do LTDs or Schecters of the same build quality.
                          LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevman
                            Well people would still talk about them. Like they do LTDs or Schecters of the same build quality.

i like some of those scheters...
                            OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

the last 3 guitars i have bought have been Agiles. The one before that was an SX and I don't see any reason to go elsewhere. As soon as I sel the Agile PS-900(see sig) I will be buying another Agile AL2500.

Great guitar for the money
                              Agile guitar Forum
                              Rondo Music

Comment

because someone invented a harmony central guitar forum.
                                Originally posted by
                                also, most pissed off, energetic drummer you're ever likely to see. his guitarist described it as "beating his way out of his mother's **** every time he plays"

Comment

Working...
                                X