No announcement yet.

Guitar Stores in Taiwan, Japan, Thailand and Cambodia

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Stores in Taiwan, Japan, Thailand and Cambodia

Well I'm still stumbling across Asia and was wondering if any of you guys knew any cool guitar stores in Taiwan, Japan, Thailand and Cambodia... I'll be out here until at least August.

It's SO hot though... I'm melting. Lots of pretty girls though!
    Straight-Jacket memories, and Sedative highs... the Good Old Days.

Are you in mainland Japan? I lived in Okinawa for a while and there are two that are literally a block away from each other. One is huge and cool and the other is small and packed with more stuff than I have ever seen in one store.
    Custom Headstock Decals Here
    Good deals with:Flying Dutchman, Altgtr33X2, richie888,brokenarrow5, Mr_GoodBomb,fresh_oil,jl in nc, hartguitars, cwilliams963, TFM53, SnoMan97, telemanX2,StratoSlacker,tocs100X2,newbuilder, ajympt,senor-penguin,tobildteleez,djfrank,mooncalf, samthinguy,dragula1971X3,fulcrumpoint,TraumaRN,Dr. Scottie C,SGFaust,Jealousblues,gtrmaestro,JonathanD, badshawn6060,rocktuna,MatrixClaw,billcheckrules,lh rocker,smorgdonkey,sublimeride,loodsCFHCG,teletayl or,turnitto11,Yo_Squig

Comment

I haven't made it to Japan yet, I'm in Taiwan right now...

Comment

Where ever that Chatreoo guy on Youtube hangs out. He's in Thailand, I think. He reviews a bunch of different guitars, so many and so often that he must work for if not own a guitar shop.

Comment

EME musical instrument in Taichung, Taiwan. A friend's friend is a gibson trained luthier who work there part time. shop owner is nice and helpful, they have a small collection of Ibanez, ESP, Gibson, Fender, BC Rich, epiphone and Fender Japan in store. If you cant find what you are looking for, just ask and they might have one in their warehouse. But i'd still recommend you to shop in japan and dont forget to grab an Edwards.
          Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Member Of The €piphone Empire

Comment

If you're in Taipei...

"Shin Li Sen Music"
            No 78 Zhonghua Rd, Sec 1.
            Tel: 886-2-23822568 or 886-2-23312004
            URL: http://www.sls-music.com.tw
            Nearest MRT station is Ximen Station

"Tony's Music" (AKA "ATB Music")
            Hoping East Road Section 3, lane 308, No 18
            Nearest MRT station is Linguang Station
            [make sure you check out upstairs too]

"Player"
            1F., No.19, Jinhua St., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
            (or might be written as follows, depending on which map you use)
            1F., No.19, Jinhua St., Jhongjheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
            Best way to get there is go on the MRT (subway) to CKS Memorial Hall Station and exit at exit 3, then turn right and almost immediately right again to face the shop. It's like 20 yards walk from the exit, so if you walk more that that, you've done something wrong.
            http://www.gtplayer.com.tw/
            [check out downstairs too]

Galaxy Music Company (AKA "Golden Ant music shop")
            No. 37-1, Sec. 1, Jin-Shan south road, Taipei ( located between Ren'ai road and Zhongxiao east road, and the nearest MRT is Zhongxiao / Xin-Sheng station ).
            Tel: 02-2357-8665
            Business hours: Monday - Saturday 100AM -100PM
            Sunday 120AM-070PM
            [Small shop, but packed with decent stuff. Check out the acoustics round the back. They have some stored away too, so don't be afraid to ask if they have any others. ]

Don't know the name of this shop, but worth checking out.
            Intersection of Nanjing E Rd and Jianguo Rd. Head North for like 20 yards on the right side of the Rd.
            [make sure you check out downstairs too]

Be warned that the Taiwanese are very inconsistent with English translations of street names, so your map might have all of these spelt totally differently.

In all honesty though, I think you're going to find better stuff in Japan.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My guitar projects: http://diystrat.blogspot.com

Comment

Forget everywhere else, Ochanomizu in Tokyo is probably one of the best places on the planet.
              Mr.Mow

for. n.n omn. a.que

Comment

Be warned that the Taiwanese are very inconsistent with English translations of street names, so your map might have all of these spelt totally differently.

In all honesty though, I think you're going to find better stuff in Japan.

I am from Taipei, and I have plenty of experience with those places mentioned. As mentioned, you will find better stuff in Japan. I know many people who fly there just to grab something nice.
                Customer service wise, the last one is the best. The clerks are friendly and willing to help you with anything, something that the stores here don't do. They even have their own repair workshop. It doesn't have English name, so I will leave their page: http://www.xz.com.tw/

Tony's Music and Player are OK. I find their service quite inconsistent, and the former often have their guitars left in the dust. Some guitars are not well set up as well. Probably that's because they have too much stuff.
                I try to avoid visiting Shin Li Shen Music and Galaxy Music as much as I can, especially the latter(although sometimes I can't help myself). The staff at Shin li Shen are quite indifferent usually, and the guys at Galaxy are very VERY difficult people. The staff members are arrogant asses and the owner is impossible to talk to. I even wonder how they survive with this kind of **************** service.
                Of course, my opinion above are based on my experience.
                Guitars:
                1985 Yamaha SG 200
                2005 Yamaha classical CG-111C

Amp:
                2001 Yamaha DG60-112

Effects:
                Yamaha Magicstomp Mark 2(for delays and reverbs)
                Vintage ProCo RAT
                DOD250 Overdrive
                DOD FX-65 Chorus

I am an insane YAMAHOLIC!!!!

I am an insane YAMAHOLIC!!!!

Comment

There's a fair sized music shop in Chiang Mai, Thailand, that was expensive and full of low-end uninspiring stuff. I did see a lot of the really nasty super-cheap guitars around as well, but nothing you'd want to buy to play.
                  http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

http://photoxon.blogspot.co.uk/ My photography blog

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

You had better get a Edwards when you get to japan.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

http://www.guitarthai.com/home.asp

This has most of the guitar stuff here listed.

Central World and Paragon Dept stores have Gibson, Fender, PRS, Ibanez, Rich etc etc in dealerships.
                        Pantip Plaza has small mom n pops that do second hand and better deals.

There are several luthiers, if you want customs.

Local company Barracuda retail in Rock Planet in Central World.

I bought two of my guitars (see pic) from Atlas, who have a small shophouse out of town. http://www.guitarandpickup.com/No retail as far as I know but real quality instruments at good prices, to your specification.

PM me if you need any help in Bangkok.
                        Rules for a Happy Life:
                        Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                        I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                        doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                        Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Isn't Ceriatone in Thailand? Check them out and demo every amp for us.
                          '79 Strat Hardtail
                          Carvin SC90 flametop
                          97 Gibby LP Std. 'burst
                          Heritage 575
                          Peavey TL-6
                          MIJ Blue Flower Tele MIJ Pink Paisley Strat
                          Carvin Bolt-T Swamp Ash
                          Hohner Steinberger
                          73' Rick 4001 Fireglo
                          Larrivee D-09
                          Agile Doubleneck
                          Some handmade Paracho flamenco guitar
                          Seagull S12+.

Amps:
                          Legend 30
                          Billm Blues Jr.
                          Mesa Nomad 45
                          Ampeg J12-T
                          Homebrew 1 1/2 watt tube sucker

Lotsa modded pedals.

Comment

Isn't Ceriatone in Thailand? Check them out and demo every amp for us.

CeriaTone Amplification
                            13-2, 2nd Floor
                            Jalan Cempaka SD 12/2, Bandar Sri Damansara
                            52200 Kuala Lumpur,
                            Malaysia

close but no cigar.

If you have time, could be worth the trip. Malaysia is an OK place to visit.
                            Rules for a Happy Life:
                            Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                            I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                            doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                            Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

Might be worth taking a Yamaha factory tour if they have them and your in the area of their Taiwan factory.

Couldn't even begin to remember where any guitar stores are in Japan. It's been about 6 years. But.....def' take the time if can to try out the domestic only models that the shops have.

Comment

Working...
                              X