Guitar Stores in Taiwan, Japan, Thailand and Cambodia

Armitage

• Members

Gee.... I thought I was the only one on here living in Taiwan. Are any of you the guy who was selling quite a few guitars on Tealit a couple of weeks back?

Do you tend to go to the Blues Bash, Daniel Pearl, etc., concerts?

• Members

Gee.... I thought I was the only one on here living in Taiwan. Are any of you the guy who was selling quite a few guitars on Tealit a couple of weeks back?

Well dude, Harmony Central is a huge forum, so you might find people from everywhere. I am from Taipei.

Blues Bash? Daniel Pearl? Are those places in Taipei? Gee I haven't even heard yet! Are those places cool?

• Members

Yep, since tube amps are not common here, the tube replacements might be hard to get. I got my Fender BJ 2 years ago, but due to the tight comunity I live in, I can only use it during weekend afternoon. And besides I am no tube purist myself, so I am not worried for spare tubes. And if you notice the most common amp used at live situation is Roland JC.

With the kind of service and collection we find here, I think it's better not to be too picky.

Oh yea I just recalled the cheesy Guitar Center. Don;t you think Player is a crappier Guitar Center?
:cop:

Man, you totally nailed it about the chicks here. Paris Hilton is the best description about many chicks I find on the streets, esppecially in the Eastside District as we say (you know what I mean right?). The social phenomenom you see here is simply a caricature and more exagerated version of some things that you see in the US. Global yes, but what happens here is
:facepalm:
But not all chicks are like that of course. It's juts matter of find the right ones at the right places.

Do you teach at Kojien institute or something like that? Funny, you like here, but I miss Boston.

I had no problem with the chicks in Taipei when I was there :thu: 'cept of course I was there with my g/f :facepalm:

Taipei is such a fun place!

• Members

Well dude, Harmony Central is a huge forum, so you might find people from everywhere. I am from Taipei.

Blues Bash? Daniel Pearl? Are those places in Taipei? Gee I haven't even heard yet! Are those places cool?

No, no. They're concerts that are held every year. I guess your answer is no, ha.

• Members

Not recently, but I do have a 79 aria pro II strat up for sale right now.

I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails in August...and John Scofield is coming as well and I got tickets for that.

The one festival I really enjoyed was the Formoz festival. But that seems to have been canceled. Shame....good bands from europe, N America, Japan and the local rock groups.

• Members

Well the guitar shopping hasn't worked out, but I got a killer sword from Master Chen Tien Si (I hope I spelled that correctly by memory). Great guy!

Cool. Any pics?

Are you still in Taiwan? Don't worry about the guitar thing here anyway...It's not worth it. Save it for Japan....guitar heaven.

• Members

Yeah I'm back in Taiwan... and may stay here longer (the sword cost a few $$$ and ate into my funds). I've got pix, but am using a girl's computer when she's not looking, so I can't really post pix yet.
:thu:

Cool. You could always look into giving some private English lessons for a few bucks if you need to pick up a little coin. You can charge about 700 to 900 NT per hour.

Archived