Is your Les Paul too light?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your Les Paul too light?

heres a fix

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/54091-gibson-les-paul-faded-too-light.html

lol
    : Overwhelmed987, machine gunner, kensmith, belt (x2), mustys, DRPool, nmcbain, Lucid_Lunatic, stubacca, pgaken, tolling_bells, PeelingPaint98, Mr. Fancy Pants, knukklhead, zygoat, rockapede, sandro, thebloodbrother, MCon, natasmi, johnbegone, pencho, Nathanisking, jimihalen, J.LaGrassa, zephor, D34dBaWx. Alecto, TehBacons, David Pavlich, B Money, fuzzfan1, RDM, Aether24, Clonexx

Mines 9.3lbs, anymore and it could get uncomfortable..................Fish weights??? I don't need a Les Paul that rattles.
    I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

LoLz. I bought the one I did specifically because it was NOT heavy.

Does I haz bad tonez?

Comment

What a dumb ****************... weight does NOT equal tone/sustain/etc...
        "HC is dead, long live HC!!!..."

Comment

The guy wanted his guitar to feel a little more solid and he acomplished that. This was all about feel and nothing else.
          HCGB Trooper #24

Comment

... weight does NOT equal tone/sustain/etc...

My old Studio is one of the very early models with alder bodies - maybe 8lbs - tone and sustain like no other. Plus it doesnt kill my back.
            Add Tag...

Comment

Is your Les Paul too light?

Yeah, this is a very common problem.

(It's name is "Ronald the Mustache". Quit PM'ing me! )

Originally Posted by PuppyKicker

I run my my stereo speakers through a boss metal zone and whenever a clean part comes up on a song I turn that ****************er on! m/ m/

Originally Posted by Davo17

...its not like we are playing banjos or anything.

Comment

dont you play it before you buy it? if it was too light when he played it would he buy a different lp

Comment

Oh boy. Too light > too heavy IMHO
                  -- Rainer

My Guitars (Updated 2011/07/02) • Schecter Society • Yamaholic • Reverend Congregation
                  G&L Militia • Captain in the SG Army in Rock 'N' Roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
                  Beware of my Teutonic Terror

Comment

Is this a joke? If not, Maybe you should stick to fishing...
                    BUY THIS>>>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1956...item4aae8418a8

LISTEN TO THIS>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP6rwc6hl9c

Comment

dont you play it before you buy it? if it was too light when he played it would he buy a different lp

I'm mystified by this Les Paul weight thing. My V100 is heavier than my Pacifica 112, but it doesn't feel that heavy. When I was looking at LP's, I tried a Jim Deacon LP, and it felt like a boat anchor. But on the "my les paul" forum, they describe the V100 as "a heavy beast". http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/51808-vintage-v100-les-pauls-2.html

It's lighter than my six string bass, despite that bass being all neck with a small body.

Surely I don't have a fake V100
                      -----
                      Too much work keeping my sig up to date

Comment

My 71 Gibson LP Deluxe is too heavy!!

Comment

My 71 Gibson LP Deluxe is too heavy!!

fill the cavities with hydrogen, just be carefull not to smash the guitar too much..
                          '88 Gibson ES-335 Dot with SD Phat Cat (neck position)
                          Sedlacek OM
                          VOX AC15H1TV, Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb and Switch Blade

Comment

fill the cavities with hydrogen, just be carefull not to smash the guitar too much..

...or try to land it in New Jersey.

Comment

...or try to land it in New Jersey.

while playing some Zeppelins that is..
                              '88 Gibson ES-335 Dot with SD Phat Cat (neck position)
                              Sedlacek OM
                              VOX AC15H1TV, Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb and Switch Blade

Comment

Working...
                              X