X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by monstermaker
    View Post

I had a Univox Fuzz that had a switch to choose either fat or hard edged tone. I wish I still had it.

Back in the early 70s I live on Long Island where Univox had it's warehouse. Lots of folks had these. I recently checked Ebay to see about picking one up - they're going for $400+ !

Should have kept one from back in the day.

Comment

I don't use fuzz very often. When I do it's an AM Sunface fuzz > Damage Control Liquid Blues OD > VAC Hayseed 15.
      I don't give a d.a.m.n about hypes, fanclubs or tonal religions. All I care about is what works for me."...it's not religion that's the problem, but any system of thought that insists that one group of people are inviolably in the right, whereas the others are in the wrong and must somehow be punished." ~ Rod LiddleJROCKBRIDGE MUSIC

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jrockbridge
        View Post

I don't use fuzz very often. When I do it's an AM Sunface fuzz > Damage Control Liquid Blues OD > VAC Hayseed 15.

You had me at Hayseed
        Good NewsSPAMPpP

Comment

I don't own nearly as many fuzzes as i'd like. I have an NYC Big Muff with a tone bypass switch that i semi-installed. I also have a BYOC fuzz face (germanium) That i absolutely adore. I put the bias pot on the outside and i can get some really wonky stuff with it like that. I need to solder a couple of grounds back though, one broke off on the output jack and now it just humbuzzes like no tomorrow.
          Tele Build

Member of the Squier Army!

Good Deals With: PunkKitty, lukepeacock, dmn23, Rose Pickups

Comment

The Black Arts Toneworks PHAROAH is an excellent fuzz pedal

http://blackartstoneworks.blogspot.com/
            MATAMP/SUNN/ORANGE/GIBSON/MARSHALL/BlackArtsToneworks
            http://www.orthodoxfuzz.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by J-E-M
              View Post

That's the vid that clinched for me too. The Pharaoh is the central ingredient in my tonal recipe - juices up the amp nicely and makes it crunch the way I like.

Same here. I love mine. I got the seafoam green one from Humbucker Music.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by J-E-M
                View Post

That's the vid that clinched for me too. The Pharaoh is the central ingredient in my tonal recipe - juices up the amp nicely and makes it crunch the way I like.

I really do want to get a Pharaoh sometime. That sounds like one really great pedal.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by etawful
                  View Post

Same here. I love mine. I got the seafoam green one from Humbucker Music.

Tone Factor orange for me.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by hardtdc
                    View Post

I really do want to get a Pharaoh sometime. That sounds like one really great pedal.

When I was shopping around for fuzz and checking out demo clips it was the only one that said, "Yes, you MUST buy me - dooo iiiit!".

It's a keeper - I'll never give it up.

Comment

A favorite.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5HA50skXs
                      i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

gotta love the fuzz

I like tonebenders

byoc mkII non-esv. i also have a byoc leeds (univox super) and a PE Yardbox (3 knob tonebender)

stuff:
                        52RI Tele
                        Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                        more stuff:
                        65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                        Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Tele
                          View Post

gotta love the fuzz

I like tonebenders

byoc mkII non-esv. i also have a byoc leeds (univox super) and a PE Yardbox (3 knob tonebender)

Cool! How do you like the BYOC kits? I've had a lot of fun with the GuitarPCB boards and a couple from Madbeans, but never tried BYOC.
                          Good NewsSPAMPpP

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo68
                            View Post

The Black Arts Toneworks PHAROAH is an excellent fuzz pedal

http://blackartstoneworks.blogspot.com/

That looks interesting. Will it run off a Pedal Power 2 or standard 9v AC/DC? Also, does it have problems with buffers in front of it?

My Sunface is a Fuzz Face clone so it's positive ground...which means 9v battery only. Also, it has problems with buffered pedals in front, so it won't work with a wireless setup. I still like it and have learned how to get it to sound excellent but the dated design makes it less than ideal.
                            I don't give a d.a.m.n about hypes, fanclubs or tonal religions. All I care about is what works for me."...it's not religion that's the problem, but any system of thought that insists that one group of people are inviolably in the right, whereas the others are in the wrong and must somehow be punished." ~ Rod LiddleJROCKBRIDGE MUSIC

Comment

BYOC are steller ...ive been through a bunch of Boutiquey pedals but I always end up with just this mkII. ive had this since 2007.

its more versatile than people give it credit for. It can sound like most Tonebenders from mk1.5 to 3, vox tonebers, solosound etc; sounds like all of them. with the trimpot on the voltage you can drain the power to get a ratty, half dead garage rock sound, or full on it gets into fuzz face territory.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoet
                              View Post

Cool! How do you like the BYOC kits? I've had a lot of fun with the GuitarPCB boards and a couple from Madbeans, but never tried BYOC.

stuff:
                              52RI Tele
                              Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                              more stuff:
                              65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                              Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Here's another fuzz I'd like to get my hands on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FqW8nlr4Y
                                No sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X