Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Guitar Cable out there? In your opinion!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whirlwind Leader Elite... If you can find a dealer that sells them.

Comment

ive used the same cbi cable for years

Who sells CBI cables like that? 1) CBI cables I usually see are the cheap black generic cable with the plain jane generic plugs. 2) Never saw a braided CBI cable 3)Never saw a CBI or any other cable with exception of a Lava or Whirlwind cable that had wooden plugs

Comment

Who sells CBI cables like that? 1) CBI cables I usually see are the cheap black generic cable with the plain jane generic plugs. 2) Never saw a braided CBI cable 3)Never saw a CBI or any other cable with exception of a Lava or Whirlwind cable that had wooden plugs

you might be able to order through their web site http://www.cbicables.com/pressreleasepg2.htm

i bought mine at some small shop in the midwest

Comment

Plus that damn George L's cable kept kinking up and it was driving me friggin crazy.

They sound great but what a pain!

Comment

As already stated once before - Whirlwind. /thread

Your Avatar is friggin' hot. What is it?
            '79 Strat Hardtail
            Carvin SC90 flametop
            97 Gibby LP Std. 'burst
            Heritage 575
            Peavey TL-6
            MIJ Blue Flower Tele MIJ Pink Paisley Strat
            Carvin Bolt-T Swamp Ash
            Hohner Steinberger
            73' Rick 4001 Fireglo
            Larrivee D-09
            Agile Doubleneck
            Some handmade Paracho flamenco guitar
            Seagull S12+.

Amps:
            Legend 30
            Billm Blues Jr.
            Mesa Nomad 45
            Ampeg J12-T
            Homebrew 1 1/2 watt tube sucker

Lotsa modded pedals.

Comment

But isn't it true that once you plug any cable into a Boss or other momentary switch effect like we all do, you color your clean sound to the extent that the cable you use barely matters?
              '79 Strat Hardtail
              Carvin SC90 flametop
              97 Gibby LP Std. 'burst
              Heritage 575
              Peavey TL-6
              MIJ Blue Flower Tele MIJ Pink Paisley Strat
              Carvin Bolt-T Swamp Ash
              Hohner Steinberger
              73' Rick 4001 Fireglo
              Larrivee D-09
              Agile Doubleneck
              Some handmade Paracho flamenco guitar
              Seagull S12+.

Amps:
              Legend 30
              Billm Blues Jr.
              Mesa Nomad 45
              Ampeg J12-T
              Homebrew 1 1/2 watt tube sucker

Lotsa modded pedals.

Comment

But isn't it true that once you plug any cable into a Boss or other momentary switch effect like we all do, you color your clean sound to the extent that the cable you use barely matters?

Not when the cable cuts in and out, adds microphonic noise, or has so much capcitance that it loads the pedal down. It's all a system, and the pieces interact.
                ...but, this one goes to eleven.

Comment

Sorry for the ancient thread revival,just posting so I can track it better for the great info, as I'm sure I'll want it later on.

Comment

You could try subscribing to it.
                    AxeFXII with these: Axis | BMG RS | Strat |N4| LP Classic | SG Classic | Sheraton | Tele

Comment

Brad Paisley and Nuge use

www.guitar-cable.com

However, 99.999% of your audience will never know the difference anyway, so why bother? Get the cheapest brand-name (avoid generic just because the build quality can be shoddy) you can find that meets your requirements (like if you want right angle plugs, or whatever, and a lifetime warranty, etc)
                      weebz wrote:God appeared to me in a dream and said "Thou shalt post on Guitar Jam"

Comment

I used Planet Waves cables for years and years...

...Until I started this Floyd Tribute act. Then I figured it was only right to switch to Evidence Audio. And, um... HOLY GOD do they sound better
                        Recipient of the coveted MBM Kicking Ass Award!! ...still proud of that one.

Visit my Pink Floyd Tribute Act's website at www.canadianpinkfloyd.com

Originally Posted by Strung_Out

your rig is excessive and loud; I dig that.

Comment

Monster Cable!

Comment

Monster.
                            Basses: 96 Warwick Corvette, Peavey G-Bass, ESP LTD F-155DX 5-String, 2002 Squire P-Bass w/Fender 62 RI pu's, Defretted Squire P-Bass w/Duncans, WishBass #101
                            Guitars: 2006 Ibanez Artcore AK-85, 2006 MIM Strat w/Lace Sensors, 2008 Fender Highway One Strat, 2 Strat parts projects, Arbor Acoustic, Squire CV Tele/LF Neck pick-up, LTD MH-350NT
                            Amps: Peavey JSX 212 Combo, 2 GK 15inch bass cabs, Earth Sound Research B-2000 head & 215 cab, Ampeg B2R

Comment

Excellent reference:

http://community.legacylearningsystems.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3028&view=next&sid=0ec22f9fc079229 01c2c10830a18f68d

Comment

Excellent reference:

http://community.legacylearningsystems.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3028&view=next&sid=0ec22f9fc079229 01c2c10830a18f68d

This "reference" is pure junk.

There is no technical basis behind any of the ratings. Everything is 100% subjective, with no objective, repeatable measurements of any sort in use.

Additionally, it's based on a single person's equipment - not any sort of actual test equipment. Thus, even if you believe that this one person has a reasonable ability to make comparative measurements by ear over a few dozen samples (which is completely bogus), you have no idea whether or not your equipment would respond the same way as his.

From an engineering standpoint, this "chart" isn't worth the electrons used to display it on your screen.
                                ...but, this one goes to eleven.

Comment

Working...
                                X