Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Guitar Cable out there? In your opinion!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, where can one find details on how to solder up "homebrew" cables?
    In memory, Leopardstar

In memory, Erica Nicole (1988 - 2008)

Originally Posted by Axe_34

Dude, six months ago your elbow movement would have made Gordie Howe flinch.

Good deals with outtahear, wmcjhi, akwada, jthomas, AcheWater, krystledawne, geirbiscohn, catsandstrats, boonestunes, tweedledee, Mike Fiasco, Islandamp, sxyryan, cavpilot, ae3753.

Comment

Okay, where can one find details on how to solder up "homebrew" cables?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1870580&highlight=cable
      The least comfortable questions lead to the most important answers.

Comment

warriorpoet - that's outstanding!

I don't wanna ask how much time it took you to put that together. But just because you did, I'm gonna try cable-making - thanks!
        In memory, Leopardstar

Good deals with outtahear, wmcjhi, akwada, jthomas, AcheWater, krystledawne, geirbiscohn, catsandstrats, boonestunes, tweedledee, Mike Fiasco, Islandamp, sxyryan, cavpilot, ae3753.

Comment

warriorpoet - that's outstanding!

I don't wanna ask how much time it took you to put that together. But just because you did, I'm gonna try cable-making - thanks!
          Thanks

The cables should take around 30 mins a piece if you're going slow.
          The least comfortable questions lead to the most important answers.

Comment

As already stated once before - Whirlwind. /thread
            Great transactions: smith10210, binner2w1, kirkster57, Holy War, Jopop, EdgeOvThorns, WarPlaneGrey, JoshuaLogan, Sordid1, rockitsauce

Comment

Thanks

The cables should take around 30 mins a piece if you're going slow.

Oh believe me - I'll go slow. And I'll need to account for the Murphey's Law factor. It always gets me!
              In memory, Leopardstar

Comment

I buy Canare brand cable with Neutrik jacks from bayou. Butch is awesome.

http://www.bayoucables.com/
                Daaaaa Bearrrrrssssss

Comment

hmmm
                  OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

Evidence Lyric HG

Comment

i'm satisfied with planet waves classic, would not change for anything

Comment

they have been better than anything i have had since the 70`s

+1

Comment

I love Bullet Cables, mostly because they make a coiled cable that works great and doesn't suck highs, and their prices are very reasonable. The shell casing jackets look awesome, too.
                          several thousand dollars worth of gear and about five bucks worth of playing

Comment

• kit_strong
                            kit_strong commented
                            Editing a comment

Exdeath wrote:
                            I love Bullet Cables, mostly because they make a coiled cable that works great and doesn't suck highs, and their prices are very reasonable. The shell casing jackets look awesome, too.

I too am a big fan of the Bullet Coily cables and I also like their solderless patch cable kits.  

The Bullet coily cables and Armor Gold are what I use 99% of the time.  I do have a Planet Waves american stage cable that I keep in my gig bag because it's much less bulky and also sounds great (not to mention they are pretty inexpensive).

Can you guys really tell the difference between the sound in cables? Then what about patch cables?

I've never really done a side by side comparison on cable brands. I decided to try Mogami a couple years ago and did notice that there was less extraneous noise while using them so I stick with Mogami.

I've never heard a darker tone or lighter tone or any difference in the tone of the guitar due to the cable, just less noise.

Comment

I have heard the differences between cables.......but I don't think it's a tone improvement.

I compared a few cables I had made myself with neutrik connectors and generic mogami bulk cable with the regular Fender cables.

Not only could I hear a slight difference, but my non-musician g/f could hear a difference as well.

What we both heard wasn't a huge tone change, but more of subtle differences. Like the Fender was a little duller, but had a rounder low end....while my cables were clearer, and more balanced overall.

In the end, just give me a ****************ing cable and let's PLAY!
                            good deals with: nearly everyone.
                            Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

Working...
                            X