Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Guitar Cable out there? In your opinion!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Guitar Cable out there? In your opinion!

I am looking to get the best of the best in Guitar Cable, 20 ft. with Gold Plated, anybody having great success with a certain brand right now. And I ned one with a Lifetime Warranty! Please let me know, email me at: tmd187@psu.edu or PM with your vote! thanks
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<font color="DarkSlateGray"><b>Hollowbody Custom TD- Schecter C-1 Exotic</b></font><br />
    FX:<font color="Navy"><b>EB VP Jr.-&gt; RMC III-&gt; CC2-&gt;AM Bi-Comp-&gt; AM KOT V.4-&gt; Landgraff MO'D-&gt;Shannon Phaser-&gt;Red Witch Medusa-&gt; ChoralFlange-&gt; T-Rex Reptile-&gt; Keeley Katana Boost-&gt; Fender &quot;The Twin&quot; Amp</b></font><br />
    FX OUT: <b><font color="DarkGreen">Whammy II &amp; IV-&gt;Gig-FX Chopper-&gt; Boomerang V.2+</font></b><br />
    <font color="Red"><b>Analogman</b></font> <font color="DimGray"><b>Army Soldier</b></font></font><br />
    <b><u><font size="2"><font color="blue">SCHECTER SOCIETY </font></font></u></b><br />
    ------------------------------------------------<br />
    <font color="blue"><font size="2">Trav</font></font><br />
    <a href="http://&#91;www.myspace.com/dunston540]" target="_blank">[www.myspace.com/dunston540]</a><br />
    <a href="http://dunston540@hotmail.com" target="_blank">dunston540@hotmail.com</a></div>

Look at the cables on zepmans music .com, i think i'm gonna try one.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Tangled webs leave us no hope, but illusions can deceive.</div>

Comment

It depends on what kind of music you play and what kind of tone you want. Take a look at this it should help you decide for yourself. Make sure you don't just look at the numbers, read the reviews on each cable as well.
      http://www.lavacable.com/myweb/CableSummit4.pdf

Comment

i have had a cbi gold rush for a while now and its a great piece. Gold plated jacks and vintage cloth covered cable. I got it from mars music so it is probably more than a couple years old.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><u>Amps-</u><br />
        '82 Marshall JCM 800 2204 <br />
        CeriaTone 18w TMB clone<br />
        Marshall JTM45 RI <br />
        Class 5 combo with G10 Gold Alnico <br />
        '63 RI Fender tube reverb unit<br />
        '66 Fender vibro-champ <br />
        <br />
        <u>Cabs-</u><br />
        1960A, 1961A, 1961B, 1966B, VS412 <br />
        <br />
        <u>Guitars-</u><br />
        80's Jackson Strat Custom shop <br />
        Gibson VOS Les Paul R7 Gold top<br />
        Gibson SG Standard Natural burst<br />
        Fender '72 Tele Deluxe RI<br />
        Epi '56 gold top<br />
        </font></div>

Comment

Ive had good luck with Mogami cables. Not too expensive and good clarity.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Guitars:<br />
          90s G&amp;L ASAT Special in Black Swirl<br />
          2005 G&amp;L Comanche Flamed Maple on Ash in fireburst<br />
          2004 G &amp; L Legacy in Blonde<br />
          Martin D-15<br />
          <br />
          AMPS:<br />
          Marshall Bluesbreaker<br />
          Fender Twin<br />
          Fender Blues Deville<br />
          </div>

Comment

Buy some professional (low capacitance) instrument cable and solder the jacks on yourself. You can have a top quality cable for around $20. Gold plated connectors are not a particularly good idea for guitar cables - it just wears off.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">I don't like signatures!</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Songman68
              It depends on what kind of music you play and what kind of tone you want.[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by walfordr
                Buy some professional (low capacitance) instrument cable and solder the jacks on yourself. You can have a top quality cable for around $20. Gold plated connectors are not a particularly good idea for guitar cables - it just wears off.

Yup.

Klotz La Grange and Neutrik jacks would be my choice.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">I like my jazz like I like my peanut butter; crunchy.<br />
                <br />
                <a href="http://www.monkeyfx.co.uk/" target="_blank"><b>MonkeyFX</b></a> - FX guides and handbuilt pedals.</div>

Comment

Yeah, either the Klotz or Evidence audio from www.lavacable.com with neutrik jacks.

Best cables ever no contest.
                  Music n such

Comment

Can you guys really tell the difference between the sound in cables? Then what about patch cables?

Comment

• One-armed Alec
                      One-armed Alec commented
                      Editing a comment

thepoisonchef wrote:
                      Can you guys really tell the difference between the sound in cables?

Yes, but (speaking personally) generally only if plugged straight into an amp that has a very good clean fidelity, with a clear high-end

I like Fender. Sounds good and not real thick. Doesn't cost much either.

Comment

Planet Waves.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Nik<br />
                      Godin LGXT; G707 with internal GK2.<br />
                      <br />
                      Weeping Demon; M13;<br />
                      AX100 MkII; 9001; Formula; HOG;<br />
                      Repeater; Vortex.</div>

Comment

Bill Lawrence sells 50 ft of high quality low-capacitance cable with 10 solderless connectors (system similar to George L's) for ~ $50. I bought it and the cables I put together are top-notch. They don't look that great but they are very solid and don't color the sound at all.

Comment

I was using a George L's cable until I read the review I posted ubove on cables. That was when I went back to my Planet Waves cable. Which is better for heavy distortion type of tones according to the Lava cable reviews. Plus that damn George L's cable kept kinking up and it was driving me friggin crazy.

Comment

I use Planet Waves , I gig quite a lot and never had problems.

I'm sure there are other great cables even better than PW but PW ones do a good job for me

Comment

Working...
                            X