• Show
Clear All

• let's see the guitar you've had the longest

electric guitar of course

and clips would be great

this is mine... think i've had it for about 10 years

tele

g&l tribute asat classic... from back when they were made in korea

this guitar has been the reason other guitars have been sold... eg. when i had my suhr strat i dug it, but i sold it because i liked the asat more... a lot more (i'm probably about to sell my pacifica 611 for the same reason)

it's the most ballsy single coil tele i've ever played... and it plays GREAT... all i've had done is had a bone nut put in, and a pro setup

the other thing i love about it is it sounds great with the volume rolled back... you don't lose the highs like on many other guitars... i can have one setting on an amp and get all the tones i need just by using the guitar's conrols

i freakin' LOVE this guitar

i've recorded it a lot but i'll do a fresh clip and post it here over the next few days

so let's hear about the one you've stuck with

Attached Files

Aria Pro II Fullerton 2.jpg

My first guitar, an Aria Pro II Fullerton.  When people talk about Aria gear being good and sought-after, I chuckle, because this thing doesn't measure up to that.  I realize that those people are talking about MIJ Arias, but first impressions are what they are.

Anyway, I played on this thing for a few years, and it finally crapped out.  The frets are dented pretty badly, especially in first position where I did most of my learning, and the pickups would make the most horrendous microphonic feedback.  They were the type of pickups that you could talk through, and your voice would come through the amp good enough that you could totally understand what you're saying. 

Aria Pro II Fullerton 1.jpg

I picked up a Red Lace dual pickup on ebay maybe 8 years ago, hoping that a new pickup might give some life back to the guitar.  The humbucker was the worst for noise and feedback (go figure) so that's why I replaced it.  I liked the chrome ring that goes around the Lace, so I screwed that onto this guitar.  The original humbuker fell apart once it was removed from the guitar.  My dad did the wiring, and while the pickup sounds good full on, when you switch the splitter switch, it seems to go out of phase or something (sounds really thin and wrong).  I didn't know about wiring back then, so I was no help.  I never went back in to fix it.

The guitar is an intonation nightmare, and it only has sentimental value at this point.  I sometimes think about going back to it and upgrading it, but I never have.  I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Attached Files
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• humbuckerstrat
      humbuckerstrat commented
      Editing a comment

My Epiphone S-310, I've had it for about 20 years. It's got a Mighty Mite loaded pickguard with an SD Hot Rails in the bridge, a GFS Wilkinson "Fits all Strats" whammy, Gotoh tuners and an aftermarket pickguard from pickguards.us

Epi S-310.jpg

EpiBack.jpg

Attached Files

• gardo
      gardo commented
      Editing a comment

DSC02654.JPG

'51 Epiphone Zephyr Regent that I bought sometime around 1987 and still have.

sorry about the pic but it's the best I could do right now

Attached Files

Picked up this 1983 Korina Explorer in July 1983

explrteleultra.jpg

Attached Files
    FREE BATOTMAN

1955 Tele Partsocaster Korina Amber
    2007 Carvin V220 Green Machine
    1983 Gibson Custom Shop Edition Schenker reject
    1989 Fender Telecaster Custom Deluxe Ultra
    1968 Fender Telecaster
    2007 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
    1997 Fender Pink Paisley

59 Fender Bassman
    Marshall JCM 800
    Marshall Studio 15
    Marshall 1976
    Marshall Silver Jubilee
    Orange Tiny Terror
    Orange Rocker 30
    Carvin Vintage 16

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=892909

SURVIVOR

Comment

The guitar I've had the longest is a Yamaki acoustic that I bought with my HS graduation money... so that's 40 years ago.  The electric guitar I've had longest is this old strat that I've had for 15 or so years.

old strat

Attached Files
      Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

• DeepEnd
        DeepEnd commented
        Editing a comment

Okay, this is easy since I only have the one electric:

Fernandes2.jpg

Early 2000's Fernandes Strat copy bought last fall.

Attached Files

greco

Attached Files
      So many guitars, so little time

Comment

• hardtdc
        hardtdc commented
        Editing a comment

70s Epi BARD 12-string

Epi

Attached Files

• mistersully
        mistersully commented
        Editing a comment

Buttcrust wrote:

greco

i'd love to take this for a spin

Attached Files

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/SexyHeather2006/Guitars/HPIM0942-1.jpg[/IMG]

Since1987. It's a 1982 Vantage VSH-455. Fantastic guitar!
      Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X