Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the hype over the EHX Memory Toy over yet?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the hype over the EHX Memory Toy over yet?

oke:

but seriously, how are they? the modulation seems to add WAY too much.. how tweakable is it.. i presume there's trim pots for modulation depth at least?

is it chorus or vibrato modulation?
    Youtube Pedal Vids
    For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
    ToneFactor Nebular - £40
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
    Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

its vibrato. I thought it was pretty nice when I played through it.

I'd take it right behind a 616.
    Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

My roommate just got one. I REALLY like it.
      http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

yeah, the built quality is questionable but when they're working they sound good

Comment

I thought the modulation was adequate. I would have preferred a little more control over it, but for the $, tough to complain. Not a bad delay, not great, but pretty good value considering. Delay time on the one I had was considerably better than the DMM I once had.

Comment

yeah, the built quality is questionable but when they're working they sound good

Yeah, I had some problems with my Memory Boy.

Comment

Loved mine. Really did...

But I had the opportunity to trade it for a RE-20,
              which I then traded same day for a MINT Subdecay Echobox.

Loved the toy, but the Echobox is nice too.
              Gibson Les Paul R8 - 2006
              Martin D-28 - 2005
              Melancon P-90 Pro

Board : Polytune Mini - JHS Mini Foot Fuzz - Walrus Audio Voyager - CMatMods Signa Drive - Nova Delay iB Modified - TC Trinity Reverb

Comment

I love mine, and with a slight adjustment to the trim pot it's hard to even tell if the modulation is there when accidentally kicking the switch

Comment

Loved mine. Really did...

But I had the opportunity to trade it for a RE-20,
                  which I then traded same day for a MINT Subdecay Echobox.

Loved the toy, but the Echobox is nice too.

Haha, I may be playing yours. Did you trade to Mis5dis6gis7?

Comment

I've been saying they are great for months now but nobody listens to me.

Here is a clip -

http://soundcloud.com/bass_econo/memory-toy

Comment

Cool clip! It sounds like it can get onto the edge of a really nice oscillation.

Any more thoughts?
                      Youtube Pedal Vids
                      For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
                      ToneFactor Nebular - £40
                      Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
                      Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

Haha, I may be playing yours. Did you trade to Mis5dis6gis7?

Yeah its mine. I love my Toy. Probably still honeymooning though
                        Check me out bro:
                        The Electros

Good deals: NITEFLY182, ampliFIRE, J.D. Salinger, shooto, Royal C Johnson, denogaret, LowWoods

Comment

oke:

but seriously, how are they? the modulation seems to add WAY too much.. how tweakable is it.. i presume there's trim pots for modulation depth at least?

is it chorus or vibrato modulation?

FWIW, I just bought a Way Huge Aqua-Puss and I've owned the EH memory toy for 3-4 months

I returned the WH aqua-puss because it didn't have the longer delay times or the modulation

If you don't like the modulation effect on the EH memory toy, just adjust the trim pot. there are many sites that explain how this is done

Like i said, I am a WH fanboi (see my sig) but the aqua-puss was a big let-down IMO...............................................

Comment

MOAR DELAY HYPEZ!!

From what I can tell, they only save board estate. No different to any other delay IMO. never liked vibrato mod on my DMM, so don't see how this will change that.
                            Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Texas Specials-> Devi Ever Aenima -> Kanji Eternity -> Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter - > DMM -> Hot rod'd AC15

Comment

haven't tried the memory toy, but the memory boy is snooze-ville.

Comment

Working...
                              X