• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by fruvai
    View Post

Ulysses

Me too.

my avatar is the cover of the Hebrew version

Don't hate cos Hendrix wasn't a fan of teh 5 delayz.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by udi9
      View Post

Me too.

my avatar is the cover of the Hebrew version

I finished it a couple of months back, I have no idea how any non-Irish person can understand it though

Just finished No Country for Old Men and starting Crime & Punishment
      Good Deals

rileykill, ampman1989, locohead, Kid A, neon soul, Loobs, Jakkeh, neoflox, Matts Tone, miffa 55, NITEFLY182 ,theboywho, vicenzajay , tremulant ,Hides-His-Eyes, ChuckNorris1982,Ben Glass, Markymarc1979, Cardinal of Crunk, jacobhf, 21rush12, thecardiackid, robopimp,Radiosilence,digital

Comment

• I'm reading CATCH 22 at the moment. Not sure I'm enjoying it that much.
        www.facebook.com/thelostsoulsclub
        www.youtube.com/TheLSCpage
        http://soundcloud.com/the-lost-souls-club

Selling:
        Selling for CHEAP. Make an offer. I'm based in Winchester:
        Marshall 1922
        Marshall 1922
        Marshall 1960 - Empty uncovered cab.
        Marshall JCM800 Basscab 4x10. No tolex. Took it off and never got round to re-covering.
        Heavily gigged Gibson Les Paul Gothic in hard case. Make an offer.

Comment

• Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

• ^ for some reason I feel compelled to buy that book.
            This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by joncyberboy
              View Post

I'm reading CATCH 22 at the moment. Not sure I'm enjoying it that much.

I didn't like it until the end, then it all made sense. I liked Joseph Heller's other book Something Happened better, though. YMMV.

Comment

• Glas - Jauques Derrida

The Archaeology of Knowledge - Michel Foucault

Opera Through Others Eyes - David Levin
                great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

View Post

I finished it a couple of months back, I have no idea how any non-Irish person can understand it though

Just finished No Country for Old Men and starting Crime & Punishment

Interesting, why so?

I love No Country and Punishment by the way. Planning on carving out next summer to read Ulysses.
                  G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
                  Korg Pitchblack
                  Blackout Musket
                  Paul C. Timmy
                  Boss TR-2
                  EHX Deluxe Memory Man
                  Roland JC-120

good deals: fewlio, 22tape, zzzzzzz (The Gear Page), Natarel, starsailor803, murch33

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by BG76
                    View Post

I didn't like it until the end, then it all made sense. I liked Joseph Heller's other book Something Happened better, though. YMMV.

I find that interesting. I'm sure I have said the same to other people regarding books/films and actually I'm beginning to question it. If I get a brief "oh that is interesting" moment at the end of hours of rather dull and confusing reading has it been a worthwhile experience? Of course there is no definite answer for that question, but as I get older I feel like I want to be entertained a little more. I like the bigger picture, the interesting deeper ideas, but I like to enjoy the ride too. I wonder if anyone else feels the same?

Selling:
                    Marshall 1922
                    Marshall 1922
                    Marshall JCM800 Basscab 4x10. No tolex. Took it off and never got round to re-covering.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by BG76
                      View Post

I find that interesting. I'm sure I have said the same to other people regarding books/films and actually I'm beginning to question it. If I get a brief "oh that is interesting" moment at the end of hours of rather dull and confusing reading has it been a worthwhile experience? Of course there is no definite answer for that question, but as I get older I feel like I want to be entertained a little more. I like the bigger picture, the interesting deeper ideas, but I like to enjoy the ride too. I wonder if anyone else feels the same?

Selling:
                      Marshall 1922
                      Marshall 1922

Comment

View Post

I thought it was hilarious.
                        Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

View Post

There are 50 pages of explanations at the end of the book and also (literally) hundreds of side notes throughout the book. but I guess I could never really enjoy it like a real Irish can...

Quote Originally Posted by fruvai
                          View Post

...starting Crime & Punishment

My favorite book ever!

a true masterpiece.

Don't hate cos Hendrix wasn't a fan of teh 5 delayz.

Comment

View Post

I didn't enjoy it .. although I can't say I really like many of the so called '20th century classics' that people always mention in these threads, generally I don't enjoy American authors either ... most of my favourites seem to be Scottish which isn't intentional, it's either coincidence or something I find in the writing that isn't conscious on my part.

Comment

View Post

I had to read it for an AP Lit class in high school and I quit after about 60 pages. We had to keep a journal while reading it, and my journal was just me talking about how much I hated it, with gems like "A character just said, 'Who gives a ****************.' I can really relate, because this isn't funny at all, or even interesting. My last entry was something like "I can't read any more of this, nothing is happening, and what is happening is pointless. This is all plot and no story, and I can't stand things that follow that formula." I got an F on the assignment (which was too bad, because I was hoping for honesty points or something), and was kind of relieved that I didn't get in trouble. I keep hearing how good the book is, and sometimes I think I should try it again, but that attempt to read it probably left too much of a bad taste in my mouth. It annoyed me like few others books have.

I felt like reading some Cormac McCarthy, so I just read Outer Dark and Child of God, and am currently re-reading Blood Meridian.
                              Spam:
                              Peavey Classic 30 - http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...3#post42751063

Comment

• I am reading Tales of Dunk and Egg, struggling to get into Neuromancer (about 95 pages in), and read a few pages here and there of The Hidden Reality and Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman when I want something different. After finishing ASOIAF it's hard to get into anything
                                Originally Posted by Carl Sagan

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.

Comment

Working...
                                X