Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finishing up One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest now.

I'm not sure what's next as I've got quite a few unread books waiting on my shelf. Might start on this beast if I'm feeling particularly brave.

Originally Posted by assface jackson

To say that **************** was loud is like saying vaginas are just o.k.

enskye

bandcamp

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent'd
      View Post

"When You are Engulfed in Flames" by David Sedaris, I love his writing, funny, quirky and insightful.

see my photo above ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Warpsmasher
      View Post

Just finished all 5 audiobooks of A Song of Ice and Fire

Maybe I should try the audiobooks.
      good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RadioSilence
        View Post

Do it, they are great
        Originally Posted by Rainer Maria Rilke

Sound, no longer measurable
        with sense of hearing. As if that tone
        outstripping us on every side
        were space maturing.

Comment

WTS/WTT: Boss GT6B
          MXR Bass Di+

Like Dubstep/D&B? Check me out at:
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Foreignsik
          http://soundcloud.com/foreignsik

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle
            View Post

Do it, they are great

I've never really got into audiobooks before. One thing I'm worried about is, often when I'm reading my thoughts will drift off and I'll get to the end of the page without taking any of the words in, so I'll go back and reread it. I don't want to have to be rewinding all the time

Maybe I'll try to find a free trial of a book. I think it's Audible that gives you a free book when you sign up? I may not have that right though.
            good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RadioSilence
              View Post

see my photo above ^^^^

Make sure you get the Roy Dotrice readings! There are some other versions floating around by different narrators, but they can't hold a candle to the level of entertainment he brings to the series. Whenever there are spoken lines, he instantly switches from narrating to acting, going into character for whoever is speaking. It's pretty amazing.
              bandcamp soundcloud last.fm myspace facebook

transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyBen
                View Post

Damned by Chuck Palahniuk. On my mission to read everything he's ever written.

I'm almost finished with Damned - I like it quite a bit. I have read all of his stuff except for Tell-All and Pygmy. All of his early stuff is fantastic - I especially liked Choke.

Quote Originally Posted by turnstylepoet
                View Post

Loved Neverwhere! It is a fun read.

Just started reading Downtown Owl by Chuck Klosterman. So far so good.

Downtown Owl is a cool book, the ending is really good imo as well. I got his new novel for Christmas, but haven't started it yet.
                Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

RE: Audiobooks...

Check with your local library's website: my library is linked up to the a regional library to go with 1000's of audio books that can be checked out for 3 weeks at a time (if you put them on your ipod, you can keep them there as longs as you like).

I love my audiobooks..usually I listen to books I have already read unless it is a pulp book in which case the audiobook format works great without the added comprehension from reading first.
                  "Go to the musicians, in the work of a few musicians you can hear every aspect of this conflict between light and dark within the soul.” - Hugh Maclennan/The Watch That Ends the Night

"And the guitar players, they look damaged...they been outcasts all their lives" - Jagger/Richards

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8

Comment

I'm currently reading these:

"Through the Brazilian Wilderness"

by Theodore Roosevelt

"Skeletons on the Zahara"

by Dean King

"Hatchet"

by Gary Paulsen

and finally "Four Days in November"

by Vincent Bugliosi
                      If you ain't first, you are last!

my gearlist

Comment

Good times rolled with:

WAWBanks, RadioSilence, theboywho, ponch, fruvai, joeyowen, jah_vengeance, sparkfriction, HeartfeltDawn, robw, tvrf21...

I gave stuff to Melx for free and nothing bad happened

(Formerly known as Hides-His-Eyes)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by THAT4301
                          View Post

Make sure you have the one with the original ending because there are two versions of the ending.
                          "Go to the musicians, in the work of a few musicians you can hear every aspect of this conflict between light and dark within the soul.” - Hugh Maclennan/The Watch That Ends the Night

"And the guitar players, they look damaged...they been outcasts all their lives" - Jagger/Richards

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jonny guitar
                            View Post

Make sure you have the one with the original ending because there are two versions of the ending.

The 21st chapter was omitted from the editions published in the United States prior to 1986.

I'm safe
                            Good times rolled with:

WAWBanks, RadioSilence, theboywho, ponch, fruvai, joeyowen, jah_vengeance, sparkfriction, HeartfeltDawn, robw, tvrf21...

I gave stuff to Melx for free and nothing bad happened

(Formerly known as Hides-His-Eyes)

Comment

The Face of the Third Reich by Joachim C. Fest and A Mencken Chrestomathy by H.L. Mencken.
                              My band: http://facebook.com/indiandoom

Originally Posted by christianatl

It's new butt **************** day.

Happy?

Originally Posted by misterstomach

i don't know if i'd want to go on tour if i wasn't going to do anything i could get arrested for.

Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

If there is only a few dB diference between 30 and 100 watts then it works both ways, why are you getting on my **************** for using a 100 watt amp when a 30 watt amp is practically just as loud just has less balls?

Comment

YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Working...
                                X