Collapse
No announcement yet.

first day of crossfit...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait... you can use your hands and arms and chest without using your feet????????

I take my feet off before I do curls.
    part-time printmaker, full-time superhero || joneallen.com | kickstarter project

Comment

Nice. Take care of your hands, your palms are eventually going to rip open until you build up calluses. Once you get the calluses, it's good to shave them down or use a dremel tool to grind them down so they don't rip off.
      youtube
      music

Comment

A friend of mine does crossfit. I'm intrigued.
        Decolonize

Comment

Nice. Take care of your hands, your palms are eventually going to rip open until you build up calluses. Once you get the calluses, it's good to shave them down or use a dremel tool to grind them down so they don't rip off.

Jesus am I going to grow hooves???
          NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!

Originally Posted by big_cat

hands down the most valuable forumite

Originally Posted by big_cat

I'm partly serious and fully erect.

Comment

How is anyone going to be able to do 21 pull-ups (full range) without already being super strong? And to do that again for a second and third set? GTFOH! That would mean that the person could do at least 35 on the first set, in order to have the strength to repeat 21 twice.

I've been doing crossfit/general fitness pretty much since I was in high school and I can honestly say I'm able to do about 35 pull-ups at once as long as I haven't already worked out that day. Kipping has quite a bit to do with the cross fit ideals too. The kip quite literally involves the whole body so gets all kinds of **************** strong while you're working on being able to do them straight.
            Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

FRANKENFOOT!
              This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

I've been doing crossfit/general fitness pretty much since I was in high school and I can honestly say I'm able to do about 35 pull-ups at once as long as I haven't already worked out that day. Kipping has quite a bit to do with the cross fit ideals too. The kip quite literally involves the whole body so gets all kinds of **************** strong while you're working on being able to do them straight.

So this call this Kipping, huh? We used to call it cheating, or just really bad form.
                This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

So this call this Kipping, huh? We used to call it cheating, or just really bad form.

By "we used to" do you mean in high school where phys. ed teachers have no idea what they're talking about?

Comment

By "we used to" do you mean in high school where phys. ed teachers have no idea what they're talking about?

Comment

From another thread, but this is my foot as of yesterday. Surgery a week ago, healing nicely. Looks worse than it is. But the swelling will take 6 months or so. Need something with low impact. Is p90x low impact?

don't do p90x.
                      Love,
                      Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

From another thread, but this is my foot as of yesterday. Surgery a week ago, healing nicely. Looks worse than it is. But the swelling will take 6 months or so. Need something with low impact. Is p90x low impact?

don't do p90x.
                        Love,
                        Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

No, I mean in bodybuilding gyms.
                          This sig space for rent

Comment

lol, no. Physical exercise is amazing. Give it a try!

I'm not knocking exercise, I'm just pointing out the futility of a "fit lifestyle" that promotes aggressive exercise merely for its own sake, rather than a lifestyle that incorporates exercise into getting what you need to survive, in order to stay in shape, while we're finding more and more excuses every day to become fully dependent on technology to do that for us. Parallel parking too hard? Can't read a map or find a place? Unable to remember more than two phone numbers? Make technology do it for you! Just remember to stop before SkyNet becomes self-aware. Take the people in "Wall-E" for an example: we'll choose a new "helpful" gadget over strenuous exercise every time because it's now the path of least resistance.

"Survival of the fittest" no longer applies.
                            OK, I'm insane - but I'm still sane enough to know it.

Good deals with awdwon, captions87, sonicarchitect, boytbpc, Firebrand, psyphr, itkindaworks, etawful, bmoncbus, Daryl Chaney, vintage-freak, Claytonjohn and a few others that I can't be bothered to remember.

Comment

That's not true....

...I still get up to change the channel.
                              Love,
                              Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

Kipping is not quite a pull-up. You are using different/more muscle groups.
                                Once you get the movement down, it's definitely easier than what most people think to be a pull up.
                                -=

Comment

Working...
                                X