first day of crossfit...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^huh?

obesity is the number 1 killer.

people getting in shape is a good thing, detective.

I read this list... I didn't see obesity... unless your lumping in all Cardiovascular diseases in with obesity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death_by_rate
    Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

cool.
      -=

Comment

I read this list... I didn't see obesity... unless your lumping in all Cardiovascular diseases in with obesity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death_by_rate

well it's a huge contributing factor to several of the top causes so....
        good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
        soundcloud
        facebook

Comment

Wewt for a society that's still clinging to the caveman mentality despite fervently working to create its own robot overlords.

lol, no. Physical exercise is amazing. Give it a try!

Congrats Darko.
          Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

How is anyone going to be able to do 21 pull-ups (full range) without already being super strong? And to do that again for a second and third set? GTFOH! That would mean that the person could do at least 35 on the first set, in order to have the strength to repeat 21 twice.
            This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

I need to do something like this. Instead I made wonderful cheeseburgers for dinner. But maybe I can start tomorrow. I did do some exercise today, the first in a week since my foot surgery.

With that in mind, what's a good exercise machine I could use while my foot heals? About 6+ months to heal. Maybe a good exercise bike instead of the treadmill?

Comment

^huh?

obesity is the number 1 killer.

people getting in shape is a good thing, detective.

Depends on where you are. Lower respiratory infection and diarrhoeal diseases are HUGE killers, more than obesity, if many areas.
                Love,
                Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

I need to do something like this. Instead I made wonderful cheeseburgers for dinner. But maybe I can start tomorrow. I did do some exercise today, the first in a week since my foot surgery.

With that in mind, what's a good exercise machine I could use while my foot heals? About 6+ months to heal. Maybe a good exercise bike instead of the treadmill?

Not sure what's wrong with your foot, but if you can do an exercise bike, you can do p90x! No need for a machine.
                  Love,
                  Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

lol, no. Physical exercise is amazing. Give it a try!

Congrats Darko.

Exactly! Ever since I started exercising, it changed my whole outlook on life.
                    part-time printmaker, full-time superhero || joneallen.com | kickstarter project

Comment

How is anyone going to be able to do 21 pull-ups (full range) without already being super strong? And to do that again for a second and third set? GTFOH! That would mean that the person could do at least 35 on the first set, in order to have the strength to repeat 21 twice.

With assist bands.

-=

Comment

This is what I think of when I think of crossfit pullups:

Here's how:

Doit, doit.
                        www.myspace.com/stillillsd
                        www.myspace.com/noisegateband

Originally Posted by Naterel

Itchyfingers gets my vote, his pedals scream class

Originally Posted by bird turbo

I have a kid like that in the band I play in at my church. I just wanna kick in his little face.

Originally Posted by Poltergeist

it sounds like a pitbull is eating the Universe.

Comment

Not sure what's wrong with your foot, but if you can do an exercise bike, you can do p90x! No need for a machine.

From another thread, but this is my foot as of yesterday. Surgery a week ago, healing nicely. Looks worse than it is. But the swelling will take 6 months or so. Need something with low impact. Is p90x low impact?

Comment

:BARF:
                            NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!

Originally Posted by big_cat

hands down the most valuable forumite

I'm partly serious and fully erect.

Comment

From another thread, but this is my foot as of yesterday. Surgery a week ago, healing nicely. Looks worse than it is. But the swelling will take 6 months or so. Need something with low impact. Is p90x low impact?

Bike and elliptical- but VERY slow at first. See if it aggravates it on any stride. Also, any upper body routines, abs, legs (leg curls, extensions) etc. can all be done w/o the use of your feet.
                              part-time printmaker, full-time superhero || joneallen.com | kickstarter project

Comment

wait... you can use your hands and arms and chest without using your feet????????
                                NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!

hands down the most valuable forumite

I'm partly serious and fully erect.

Comment

Working...
                                X