Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Echorec Equals What Pedal Plus What Other Pedal?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Echorec Equals What Pedal Plus What Other Pedal?

    I have so many pedals that I must be able to get close to the Echorec without buying yet another pedal... What would give that sound?



    It seems like Delay + Reverb + Chorus. But I am not as familiar as some.
    Hey

  • #2
    Their repeats sound clang-y to me.



    I'd recommend running a railroad crossing bell into your delay for optimal echorec toans.
    I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

    Comment


    • #3






      Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
      View Post

      Their repeats sound clang-y to me.



      I'd recommend running a railroad crossing bell into your delay for optimal echorec toans.




      YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

      Comment


      • #4
        What an optimal buttgrabbing type answer. It brings out the best buttgrabbers on the site.
        Hey

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by Player99
          View Post

          I have so many pedals that I must be able to get close to the Echorec without buying yet another pedal... What would give that sound?



          It seems like Delay + Reverb + Chorus. But I am not as familiar as some.




          It's not a reverb or chorus, really. Just a modulated multi-head delay so I suppose if you put the chorus on the repeats only that'd be sort of similar. The main things, though, are the tone knob and the 12 different multi-head delay setups. The modulation is there but I wouldn't say it's integral to the sound as you can turn it off and it still sounds right.
          www.shoepedals.com

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by V
            View Post

            It's not a reverb or chorus, really. Just a modulated multi-head delay so I suppose if you put the chorus on the repeats only that'd be sort of similar. The main things, though, are the tone knob and the 12 different multi-head delay setups. The modulation is there but I wouldn't say it's integral to the sound as you can turn it off and it still sounds right.




            So how about Timeline--->Echo Park--->DM3--->Zoom Choir (Delay + Chorus) ---> old Peavey Digital Reverb....?
            Hey

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by Player99
              View Post

              So how about Timeline--->Echo Park--->DM3--->Zoom Choir (Delay + Chorus) ---> old Peavey Digital Reverb....?




              Er...doesn't the timeline do an echorec type sound anyway?

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't know... I think the Elcapstan might because of multi head but the TL only does single head.
                Hey

                Comment


                • #9
                  Easy: Echo pedal + Rec pedal.

                  K.I.S.S.
                  Logic. And cats. And logical cats.Mr. Black Pedals

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What is a Rec pedal?



                    (are you makin' fun o me?)
                    Hey

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think what makes the rec unique is that the repeats are pretty square-wave. The timeline can get some similar sounds, but I'd have to play around with it to see if it will get the echorec sound. I'm guessing it will get sort of close.
                      Formerly known as Spoonie G.







                      http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by Player99
                        View Post

                        What is a Rec pedal?



                        (are you makin' fun o me?)




                        ****************in shark doesn't know what a rec pedal is.
                        I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

                        Comment


                        • #13






                          Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
                          View Post

                          ****************in shark doesn't know what a rec pedal is.




                          I have a rec-tum pedal but it sounds like ass.
                          Hey

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            Quote Originally Posted by spoonie g
                            View Post

                            I think what makes the rec unique is that the repeats are pretty square-wave. The timeline can get some similar sounds, but I'd have to play around with it to see if it will get the echorec sound. I'm guessing it will get sort of close.




                            Let me know if you get something. I thought if I added a couple of other tape style pedals like the Echo Park with the TL it would act like extra heads. Then some reverb to give it that "hall" reverby sound.
                            Hey

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
                              View Post

                              ****************in shark doesn't know what a rec pedal is.




                              ****************ing toothgrabby shark







                              i'd think a Skreddy Echo + Echolution + neunaber WET reverb would get you pretty close. Maybe throw a Carbon copy or the echolution in the skrecho's loop or something
                              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X