Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Echorec Equals What Pedal Plus What Other Pedal?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echorec Equals What Pedal Plus What Other Pedal?

I have so many pedals that I must be able to get close to the Echorec without buying yet another pedal... What would give that sound?

It seems like Delay + Reverb + Chorus. But I am not as familiar as some.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.</div>

Their repeats sound clang-y to me.

I'd recommend running a railroad crossing bell into your delay for optimal echorec toans.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
      View Post

Their repeats sound clang-y to me.

I'd recommend running a railroad crossing bell into your delay for optimal echorec toans.

YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ Oᶰᶜᵉ<br><blockquote><hr>Robopimp wrote:<br>Chat crüe is srs crüe<hr></blockquote><br>For Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3<br><br>Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

What an optimal buttgrabbing type answer. It brings out the best buttgrabbers on the site.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Player99
          View Post

I have so many pedals that I must be able to get close to the Echorec without buying yet another pedal... What would give that sound?

It seems like Delay + Reverb + Chorus. But I am not as familiar as some.

It's not a reverb or chorus, really. Just a modulated multi-head delay so I suppose if you put the chorus on the repeats only that'd be sort of similar. The main things, though, are the tone knob and the 12 different multi-head delay setups. The modulation is there but I wouldn't say it's integral to the sound as you can turn it off and it still sounds right.
          www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by V
            View Post

It's not a reverb or chorus, really. Just a modulated multi-head delay so I suppose if you put the chorus on the repeats only that'd be sort of similar. The main things, though, are the tone knob and the 12 different multi-head delay setups. The modulation is there but I wouldn't say it's integral to the sound as you can turn it off and it still sounds right.

So how about Timeline--->Echo Park--->DM3--->Zoom Choir (Delay + Chorus) ---> old Peavey Digital Reverb....?

Comment

View Post

So how about Timeline--->Echo Park--->DM3--->Zoom Choir (Delay + Chorus) ---> old Peavey Digital Reverb....?

Er...doesn't the timeline do an echorec type sound anyway?

Comment

I don't know... I think the Elcapstan might because of multi head but the TL only does single head.

Comment

Easy: Echo pedal + Rec pedal.

K.I.S.S.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="center"><br><br>Logic. And cats. And logical cats.<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.mrblackpedals.com">Mr. Black Pedals</a><br><br></div></div>

Comment

What is a Rec pedal?

(are you makin' fun o me?)

Comment

I think what makes the rec unique is that the repeats are pretty square-wave. The timeline can get some similar sounds, but I'd have to play around with it to see if it will get the echorec sound. I'm guessing it will get sort of close.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Formerly known as Spoonie G.<br />
                      <br />
                      <div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px">
                      <div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px; width:852; height:26">
                      <input class="button" type="button" value="Show Spoiler" style="font-size:12px;marginpx;paddingpx;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(' div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show Spoiler'; }">
                      </div>
                      <div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;">
                      <div style="display: none;">
                      <a href="http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg" target="_blank">http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg</a>
                      </div>
                      </div>
                      </div></div>

Comment

View Post

What is a Rec pedal?

(are you makin' fun o me?)

****************in shark doesn't know what a rec pedal is.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll</div>

Comment

View Post

I have a rec-tum pedal but it sounds like ass.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by spoonie g
                            View Post

I think what makes the rec unique is that the repeats are pretty square-wave. The timeline can get some similar sounds, but I'd have to play around with it to see if it will get the echorec sound. I'm guessing it will get sort of close.

Let me know if you get something. I thought if I added a couple of other tape style pedals like the Echo Park with the TL it would act like extra heads. Then some reverb to give it that "hall" reverby sound.

Comment

View Post

****************ing toothgrabby shark

i'd think a Skreddy Echo + Echolution + neunaber WET reverb would get you pretty close. Maybe throw a Carbon copy or the echolution in the skrecho's loop or something
                              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ Oᶰᶜᵉ<br><blockquote><hr>Robopimp wrote:<br>Chat crüe is srs crüe<hr></blockquote><br>For Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3<br><br>Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Working...
                              X