Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

What is your favorite Fender amp?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleTrails View Post
    Twin reverb...specifically my early 70s one with the JBL k120 speakers in it. If only I could get that sound in an amp that weighed about half as much. With the JBLs and their huge magnets mine weighs in around 100 lbs.
    I had one of those (with EVM12L speakers) that I hauled around for about 15 years. I also played Fender Rhodes at the time so the big speakers helped a lot with that.

I was playing a small pub one evening and a friend let me borrow his Princeton Reverb for the show. It was such a treat to be able to carry my guitar and amp at the same time (something that was impossible with the mighty Twin) that I bought the Princeton a week later and started using smaller amps onstage and bringing it back through the monitors if I ever needed more volume.

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

Originally posted by James Clausen View Post
      My Cyber Twin head gives me the flavor of all the classic line up. I've gotten a lot of intrest from other guitarists because of the great tones.

I like the Cyber Twin for a number of reasons - one being that it is much lighter than the all tube Twins and still manages to deliver.

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

For me it is a 1964 Blackface Bassman circuit AA864. I found one at a reasonable price about 10 years ago but the head cabinet was a total disaster. I had a combo cabinet constructed for it and put in a vintage Jensen P15N. I had the chassis overhauled and tweaked by Gerald Weber and now I have a tone MONSTER. Clean tones with such creamy, warm, and fat sound. I absolutely love this amp and I will never part with it. AA864's are getting hard to find and today are very costly but in my opinion the best circuit Fender ever made.

Comment

I'm a newbie, but I've been trying every amp I can get my hands on for the last few weeks (mostly in local music stores). Out of everything I tried, I loved the Hot Rod Deluxe III best, but again, I've been playing for 6 months, so I'm sure there is way better out there...

Comment

I bought this little SilverFace Champ in the mid '70's when I was teaching guitar in a music shop. It was a great teaching amp. Around 1980 I stopped playing entirely for about 32 years. But I kept that little Champ and my '76 Strat all these years. A couple of years ago, I decided to get back into my music and am thankful to still have that Strat and Champ.. Back in the day, I replaced the 8" speaker in the Champ with JBL K-110. It was a bit of an upgrade, but not so well matched to the amp. Just a couple of years ago I replaced the K-110 with a Weber Vintage 10" that is well matched to the amp and the sound is magnificent. All I use with the amp now is my mid-seventies DynaComp and the tones are fantastic.

Comment

Comment

Fender Twin Reverb
                Hamilton Steele CD's / Hamilton Steele MP3 Downloads / Hamilton Steele iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by papaschtroumpf View Post
                  I'm a newbie, but I've been trying every amp I can get my hands on for the last few weeks (mostly in local music stores). Out of everything I tried, I loved the Hot Rod Deluxe III best, but again, I've been playing for 6 months, so I'm sure there is way better out there...
                  You may hear various and occasionally conflicting points of view expressed about them, but I've always thought they were darn good amps.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by DHart View Post
                    That's a cool looking Champ!
                    Last edited by Phil O'Keefe; 07-20-2014, 07:24 PM.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Drip panel 4x10 Super Reverb. The mix of everything, cab, speakers, amp is perfectly balanced, tone wise
                      Best regards,
                      Rich
                      www.guytronix.com

Comment

Tweed Deluxe --------- Raw, retro, Original sound..... everything about it is a win
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="5">FREE BATOTMAN</font></b><br />
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        1955 Tele Partsocaster Korina <font color="Orange">Amber</font><br />
                        2007 Carvin V220 <font color="SeaGreen">Green </font>Machine<br />
                        1983 Gibson Custom Shop Edition Schenker reject<br />
                        1989 Fender Telecaster Custom Deluxe Ultra<br />
                        1968 Fender Telecaster<br />
                        2007 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass<br />
                        1997 Fender <font color="Magenta">Pink</font> Paisley<br />
                        <br />
                        59 Fender Bassman<br />
                        Marshall JCM 800<br />
                        Marshall Studio 15<br />
                        Marshall 1976<br />
                        Marshall<font color="Silver"> Silver</font> Jubilee<br />
                        <font color="DarkOrange">Orange</font> Tiny Terror<br />
                        <font color="Orange">Orange</font> Rocker 30<br />
                        Carvin Vintage 16<br />
                        <br />
                        <a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=892909" target="_blank">http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=892909</a><br />
                        <br />
                        <b><font color="Yellow"><font size="4">SURVIVOR</font></font></b></div>

Comment

I had a sweet sounding mid 1960's Princeton amp, single channel with a nice Celestion 12 in. speaker ( instead of the 10 in.). Very basic amp and it burned sweet when cranked. It was stolen in 1985. I had a Marshall JCM 800 at the time too ..... still a bummer to lose my Fender
                          Guns don't kill people .... Fathers with beautiful Daughters do !!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X