Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Clips, 3 Diezels

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    As long as you can crank it its all good

    Comment


    • #47
      i'll rip through a few tunes.. then go drink some beer. gotta go now. bye!

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Duesentrieb
        Is it all V30 or

        Comment


        • #49
          I like the Einstien the most out those clips. I like the brighter and more open sound it had to it. My second favorite was the Herbert. I liked the raw sound this amp produce.
          Jet Setter

          CURRENT RIG:
          2004 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (SD PGb bridge, DMZ VVB neck)
          2011 Fender Blacktop Telecaster (SD PG set)
          Jet City JCA100H
          Mojo 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks
          lots 'o pedals

          CURRENT BAND:
          The Medicine Years
          https://soundcloud.com/themedicineyears

          Comment


          • #50
            I like the Herbert the best. Followed by the Phyton, VH4, then Einstein. The Herbert has the most in your face tone to me, I loved it. Great job Olaf!

            Comment


            • #51
              Thanks for checking it out Fuel and POM.

              Comment


              • #52
                I missed the clip of the Phyton before. It sounded amazing. I still think the Herbert sounds the best in those three clips. But goodness gracious, your Phyton was killer.
                Youtube Pedal Demos and BandCamp Stuff

                Comment


                • #53
                  Just out of curiosity..I know this has been asked earlier but it seems like you got into this amp building thing really quickly? Are you something like an electronic engineer by profession or have you just learned the skills elsewhere? Or did you start from scratch with little knowledge about electronics and amp guts?

                  Personally I really wish I knew how to build/mod amps because finding the one that is JUST right seems rather difficult. Lots of great amps that are almost there but have something in the voicing that bugs me (something in the highs that can't be dialed out with the amp's controls, not quite thick enough etc. etc.).
                  "Walking the fine line between bacon and Christian."

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    those were all really tasty. and you're not just modest about your playing, you're straight up full of crap. that is good playing! i think the VH4 was my fav, followed closely by the herbert.
                    Amps:
                    Fender Performer 1000
                    Marshall JCM900 Cab

                    Guitars:
                    Fender Deluxe Player's Stratocaster
                    Custom homemade (by PedalPat) Wolfgang
                    Carvin DC700m 7-string
                    Ibanez AW50 Acoustic
                    Parkwood PW 560 Acoustic

                    Other:
                    POD x3 Live

                    MAV (solo project)
                    POD patches

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I may consider to give it away when its completely finished though. Thanks again


                      You do that I want first dibs...lol
                      shipping and taxes I pay gladly!
                      I want to be the first in the USA
                      to have a Phyton!!!!!!

                      Gary

                      Ps. I promise to put it to good use and even share it!
                      Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
                      Suicide by Overdrive

                      I play high gain, head banging , Wookie music.

                      I am not in a band. I am in a cultski.
                      I have no gear.


                      Jesus IS LORD

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Actually I really liked the sound of all the amps Olaf.
                        I think the Phyton is a little bit more saggy than the
                        SLO and has a rounder midrange response, at least
                        from this clip. Anyway it sounds stellar to me!

                        Gary
                        Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
                        Suicide by Overdrive

                        I play high gain, head banging , Wookie music.

                        I am not in a band. I am in a cultski.
                        I have no gear.


                        Jesus IS LORD

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by bikescene
                          I missed the clip of the Phyton before. It sounded amazing. I still think the Herbert sounds the best in those three clips. But goodness gracious, your Phyton was killer.

                          Thanks

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by LaXu
                            Just out of curiosity..I know this has been asked earlier but it seems like you got into this amp building thing really quickly? Are you something like an electronic engineer by profession or have you just learned the skills elsewhere? Or did you start from scratch with little knowledge about electronics and amp guts?

                            Personally I really wish I knew how to build/mod amps because finding the one that is JUST right seems rather difficult. Lots of great amps that are almost there but have something in the voicing that bugs me (something in the highs that can't be dialed out with the amp's controls, not quite thick enough etc. etc.).

                            I`m a chemist, Laxu, so no experience. But I had an awesome teacher, Peter Diezel and help from James Peters. I`m still far fromm being really good. Just a mediocre level so far with lots of things I still have to learn. But its fun for an old fart like myself to learn all this stuff. Peter just gave me a couple of books, the best one definitely is the book by Kevin O'Connor . . .
                            www.londonpower.com

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by riffy


                              You do that I want first dibs...lol
                              shipping and taxes I pay gladly!
                              I want to be the first in the USA
                              to have a Phyton!!!!!!

                              Gary

                              Ps. I promise to put it to good use and even share it!

                              I will keep that in mind, Gary. Chances are good that Peter and I will offer an ampkit with a similar sound hopefully before the end of this year - how cool is that?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by riffy
                                Actually I really liked the sound of all the amps Olaf.
                                I think the Phyton is a little bit more saggy than the
                                SLO and has a rounder midrange response, at least
                                from this clip. Anyway it sounds stellar to me!

                                Gary

                                I showed that amp to Peter last weekend, he gave me lots of tips what to tweak - and one of his big ass inductors to increase the bottom end, which it definitely does. It doesn`t have a choke like Soldanos, MArshalls, Diezel, but a fat resistor like Engls - thats why . . . the bass pot on this recording was around 7 o'clock

                                Comment



                                • Working...
                                  X