Collapse
No announcement yet.

James LaBrie solo album

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Hence the reason I loose no sleep on his departure.

Funny how the word on the net travels. I like MP, but there are better ways to be creative. One of which is not being control centric.

Comment

I thought his other disc was really good.

I actually thought his vocals were better than on his Dream Theater stuff, (and I have them all)..

Good disc, indeed. Marco tore it up.
      Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus - Cherry SunburstGibson Les Paul Standard Translucent AmberRandall Diavlo RD45HMesa Boogie Single Rectifier(2) Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12'sMXR Wylde ODMXR Black Label ChorusMXR 10-Band EQBoss DD-3Hardwire RV-7 ReverbISP Decimator

Comment

The album is actually recorded at Studio Mega in a small town called Varberg in Sweden, the engineer Johan
        Current gear:
        ENGL Fireball
        ENGL 4x12"
        BOSS GT8
        Mayones Custom Shop Setius GTM-7 w/EVO7/EVO7
        Ibanez RG7620 w/ToneZone/Blaze

Comment

Sounds good to me

Comment

I got the entire album today. So far so good. I am liking this better than the latest DT offerings. Also, I think it's better than the last LaBrie solo album. Definitely more metal.
            Solaris

DAR Amplification

Lehle Switches and DI's

Good deals with: LoopQuantum, ::fred::, exposeenmity, narad, Larrikin666, cyndicate, rareguitar, DarkSaga, scenicsquare, and more users from Rig-talk.com and sevenstring.org as well.

Comment

Sounds better than anything DT has done since Awake, pretty much.
              http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

I never really minded james all that much, its the stupid ass lyrics they have him sing, along with the theater/circus music they compose.

Comment

Funny how the word on the net travels. I like MP, but there are better ways to be creative. One of which is not being control centric.

Multi Quoted for Multi Truth.
                  HD Kemper Demo Videos for your brain!

PRS SE Baritone FS - $525 with PRS gig bag

Originally Posted by Billyblades

I am anarchy ! You sir, are an ****************************!

Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

All that said, I'm still a jackass.

Originally Posted by ComOp

The first rule of HCAF is that you ****************ing die in a fire.

Originally Posted by Nerine 8/2/2011

Not a ****************ing chance. Seriously. Sig it bishes

Musics: http://soundcloud.com/valtiel

Good deals with: Killing Nevada, Weathered, sam adams, JohnathanD, missingastring, thefyn, Killzone, LoopQuantum, MR MARCUS

Comment

Gave it a listen. I found it repetative after the first couple of songs and the guitar playing, while good, sounded very generic progressive metal to me. Also the guitar sounds like it's Line6 or something. Overly digital.
                    Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
                    LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
                    Agile PS900 Blue Flame
                    Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
                    Amps:
                    EVH 5150 III 100w
                    EVH 5150 III 4x12
                    Effects:
                    POD HD300
                    MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Comment

Gave it a listen. I found it repetative after the first couple of songs and the guitar playing, while good, sounded very generic progressive metal to me. Also the guitar sounds like it's Line6 or something. Overly digital.

thank you.. Granted, the guy isn't wearing two tone haircolor, long hair, earings, no spandex, no cool "Heavy metal faces"... I can get past all that....... but to me, it sounded like a guy playing through a $50 zoom pedal with effects out the ass...

Beastly player though.... really smooth playing.
                      DEALS: yoyoDunno (Custom Shop Dean) | Uberthrall (Amps/guitars/etc) | standing8count (USA KV2) | kaboompishkapish (Peavey Ultra Plus FS) | dAsPlayzZ (1981 JCM800) |mylilss (Peavey XXX) | FFEMT596 (Marshall for Genz-Benz) George Djentson (ADA Rig) | Spadeace (Kramer American) | DonP (Pickup) | Spindlergallery (Modified Plexi) | RCSloan (pickups/neck) | Surferbeto (Danelectro Reel Echo) + mooooore

I play Marshalls.

http://www.RobGodek.com

Comment

Sounds better than anything DT has done since Awake, pretty much.

I actually don't like Awake at all. In fact I think all the albums before Metropolis Pt2. sucked. I love every album including and after Metropolis though. I seem to be in the minority in that regard though. I just don't like early DT at all
                        Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
                        LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
                        Agile PS900 Blue Flame
                        Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
                        Amps:
                        EVH 5150 III 100w
                        EVH 5150 III 4x12
                        Effects:
                        POD HD300
                        MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Comment

thank you.. Granted, the guy isn't wearing two tone haircolor, long hair, earings, no spandex, no cool "Heavy metal faces"... I can get past all that....... but to me, it sounded like a guy playing through a $50 zoom pedal with effects out the ass...

Beastly player though.... really smooth playing.

Mullmuzzler also had a meh guitar sound, but in the end, it`s the songs that make or break an album for me
                          Knut E Evenmo before the great update

Comment

I think he's got a great voice. He's no Geoff Tate or Warrel Dane but the dude is on pitch and has a good sense of melody.

Well as has been said, DT doesn't really give any indication of his sense of melody, due to it being dictated by the others. And pitch-wise... well, sometimes he's ok, sometimes he really isn't. Listen to Hollow Years on FII. I'm not sure he actually hits a single note that entire song. And that's in the studio.
                            Originally Posted by Norton666 (15/07/2009)

Give it 6 months and the Axe-Fx will be mentioned in the same sentence as the Johnson Millenium stuff.

Comment

I really dig Marco Sfogli's playing.
                              Pete
                              My New CD - Special Price!
                              My Previous CD
                              My Myspace Page
                              Kurgan's Bane

Comment

Listened to the iTunes samples this morning. Will probably buy it if I can find it (I want a physical copy). Only thing I wasn't crazy about was the screaming/growling lyrics. Didn't even sound like James doing those parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X