Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some challenging songs to learn!

A buddy of mine and i have been talking a lot recently about how back when we just started playing guitar, we would bust our balls daily trying to learn stuff that kicked our asses, and in the process became MUCH better players. Its been years since i've been that disciplined! So we're gonna start a "buddy system" of sorts where we agree on something sick to learn and work our asses off on it.

So, suggest some really tricky stuff for us to learn!

Please don't suggest things that are entirely improvised, loose, freely-played things. Figuring our stuff like that is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle. Just something that will be good and tough to learn. riffs, solos, whatever! Thanks!
    Resident swirl guy
    check out mah band: fusiony-metuhlz www.myspace.com/officialarc
    FOR SALE: Ibanez Lo Pro Edge bridge in GOLD with all the parts you need (...minus the bar!)! Nut, springs, posts, claw, etc... Bridge has some pitting/wear on the bass side. $75 and its all yours!

Comment

Comment

Comment

How about that solo for Bark at the Moon....

The first part is easy but the super fast ascending scale run is tricky. It will definitely spruce up your alternate picking skills.
          Proud Member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

“One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
            -Rachel Carson-

Comment

boomp!
              Resident swirl guy
              check out mah band: fusiony-metuhlz www.myspace.com/officialarc
              FOR SALE: Ibanez Lo Pro Edge bridge in GOLD with all the parts you need (...minus the bar!)! Nut, springs, posts, claw, etc... Bridge has some pitting/wear on the bass side. $75 and its all yours!

Comment

When shopping for some cans, The Hiryuu passed away...he floated up toward heaven, but got lost along the way. Now he's the Love-Matic Gramp........err, Thy God.

ABNORMALITY - Contaminating the Hive Mind out now on Sevared Records!
                Abnormality Merch! Shirts and CDs!

...and here's the Youtube.

Comment

Dream Theater - "home"
                  Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Or you can try living on the southside of Chicago on eight dollars a month and learn some real blues phrases.

YouTube • Soundclick

Comment

Guitars: Washburn WG-587 | Roter | Fernandes | Tokai
                    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra -> ART SLA-2

Bands: Solecism (prog death) | Kisama (black) | Kuroi (brutal) | Embalm (death metal)
                    Clips/songs (many styles): soundclick|netmusicians
                    Vids: youtube

( ─━─ ω ─━─  )

Comment

| Destination : Destruction | Kalmanväki | Luujauho | Clips | Youtube | Gear |

Comment

Let me know when you're done with those.
                        Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

What type of music?

I'd say Cliffs of Dover. I've never been able to master that. I've come close, but don't know if I'll ever have it perfect.
                          Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

A buddy of mine and i have been talking a lot recently about how back when we just started playing guitar, we would bust our balls daily trying to learn stuff that kicked our asses, and in the process became MUCH better players. Its been years since i've been that disciplined! So we're gonna start a "buddy system" of sorts where we agree on something sick to learn and work our asses off on it.

So, suggest some really tricky stuff for us to learn!

Please don't suggest things that are entirely improvised, loose, freely-played things. Figuring our stuff like that is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle. Just something that will be good and tough to learn. riffs, solos, whatever! Thanks!

Seventeen by Winger ... tried really hard to get it, never could. If you can nail that rythym, you're a better player than me !
                            Originally Posted by Murdoch

That's what you get for putting a goddamned Floyd on a Lester. ****************************.

Comment

Seventeen by Winger ... tried really hard to get it, never could. If you can nail that rythym, you're a better player than me !

Just the main rhythm? You can do that HT...
                              Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X