Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Them newfangled jet city fake tube thingydoodles.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Them newfangled jet city fake tube thingydoodles.

stupidest thread title ever.

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/store/

apparently theyre out now. theyre pretty expensive, though.

$100 for 3, hmm...

Who knows, they may ge great. But 3 fer a hunnert bucks? No thanks
    There can never be a perfect plan. What's perfect for one human bean ain't perfect for the next one. Cuz he's a lentil.

Comment

as cheap and long-lived as preamp tubes are, I don't see the market for them at this price.
      GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

as cheap and long-lived as preamp tubes are, I don't see the market for them at this price.

Once they start to sell singles, I will buy one to try. At the VERY least, they would be a great replacement in emergency situations and they're much less fragile so I can keep a couple in my gig bag without worrying about breaking them etc.

If they sound like real tubes, I would probably replace at least the PI with one.
        http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Once they start to sell singles, I will buy one to try. At the VERY least, they would be a great replacement in emergency situations and they're much less fragile so I can keep a couple in my gig bag without worrying about breaking them etc.

If they sound like real tubes, I would probably replace at least the PI with one.

Just curious, why the p.i? I would think the input and p.i would be the last 2 I would replace with these.. That is assuming there is some difference in tone.. JusT physics doesn't allow me to believe these are identical to tubes in tone...

But I see no reason why I wouldn't try them..
          Hell, maybe I would like the tone better, and in that case these would make a great input stage tube, due to the lack of microphonics and noise.
          SPAM

-Dimarzio Paf 7-$45 or trade for a Duncan custom 7

-Mick Thomson Blackouts set- $110 or $100 for just pickups, no pots/harnesses

emg 81 or 85. $50. I'm keeping one, so whichever one sells first..

-Ibanez Ts9- like new $60

-Modded ProCo Rat (pm for info) $70

pm for pics

Good transactions with- too many.

Comment

Wat?
            If you think this forum sucks visit here:http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php started by user guitarbilly74

Comment

Just curious, why the p.i? I would think the input and p.i would be the last 2 I would replace with these.. That is assuming there is some difference in tone.. JusT physics doesn't allow me to believe these are identical to tubes in tone...

But I see no reason why I wouldn't try them..
              Hell, maybe I would like the tone better, and in that case these would make a great input stage tube, due to the lack of microphonics and noise.

In my experience, PI tubes are the ones that tend to go microphonic more often. So having a bullet-proof "tube" there would definitely be a good thing.
              http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

In my experience, PI tubes are the ones that tend to go microphonic more often. So having a bullet-proof "tube" there would definitely be a good thing.

This.
                ORANGE AMPS
                Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

what's it, a small fet circuit?

not wanting without a lot of convincing.

Comment

With the exception of the SS tube in the PI slot shorting and ****************ing the outputs.

Tubes generally weaken or open, not as common to short. SS components short with any over current which more than typically ends in catastrophic failures.

My bud had a set of SS tubes made and introduced about 5 years ago (company NLIB). One shorted and blew the **************** out of a lot of things in his amp. Screen and Plate resistors, PS parts, and other things. One huge reason they never gained popularity.

Maybe they can try again for preamp tubes, but I wouldn't be too sure about output tubes ss replacements again.

Comment

Looks wise they'd be fine if you have a closed front head. But with anything with a grill (SLO, ect...) it looks like a glowing dildo. Whether that's a bad thing or not is a tough call
                      Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
                      LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
                      Agile PS900 Blue Flame
                      Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
                      Amps:
                      EVH 5150 III 100w
                      EVH 5150 III 4x12
                      Effects:
                      POD HD300
                      MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Comment

I've had micro phonic v1 and v2 12ax7s work fine in the PI slot. Interesting some of you having them be noisy in the PI although they can in any slot. I've gotten more mileage out of some of my 12ax7s that were noisy in other slots and using them as a phase inverter.
                        78' 2203 JMP/OR15 on top of an Avatar GB'd 412=Rock Nirvanah

Its "Boo-tique" fellas cause that price scares the tone out of my fingers...

Comment

I'm waiting for the power tube version.

Comment

Looks like a great way to add more solid state goodness to your old fashioned tube amp.

Comment

Looks like a good V2/V3 filler tube.
                              I don't think I could ever put one in V1 or the PI unless they really, actually, for real sound THAT good (which I SERIOUSLY doubt)
                              Good deals with: DoubleRGuitars, doomsdaymachine, locke3891, robbierobnj06, shooterkc, Quiszero

Comment

Working...
                              X