X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where has Draelyc been, y'all ask?

Lemme tell ya, 'sbeen an interesting couple weks... For starters, my back went out on me about a week and a half before Christmas. Now, my second child was due to be born on 28 Dec. ~ all nicely planned ahead of time, since our first child came by C-section & we figured that meant the second would have to come that way, too. Now, my wife works about 1.5 hours away, and that's where she's had all her pre-natal care & such (plus, we really liked the doctors & nurses up there when our first child was born).

But a couple of unexpected contractions on Christmas Day night, and damned if our Christmas didn't suddenly include an ambulance ride to the local hospital and the birth of daugher #2, right before my eyes! <whew>

Utter chaos that evening, but mother & daughter came through with flying colors ~ healthy and strong, and no surgery!

Needless to say that I wrenched my back pretty good with all that emergency running and jumping and moving, however, so now I'm on my back paying the price. Not a good combo with a 2 year old & a newborn in the house, plus a wife who is still recovering from giving birth.

So, to sum up, Ow! And thank God for getting my girls through everything safe & sound.

Disgustingly cute pictures to follow soon.
    Originally Posted by nightflameauto

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
    Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
    TUNES!

First of all, major, huge congratulations on a healthy baby and wife!!!!

Secondly, make sure you get well and take care of yourself. Whatever the Docs and PTs' tell you to do, do it faithfully with vigor.

Third, Plexis are good at healing things.

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look how hard my heart hurts.
    I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

First of all, major, huge congratulations on a healthy baby and wife!!!!

Secondly, make sure you get well and take care of yourself. Whatever the Docs and PTs' tell you to do, do it faithfully with vigor.

Third, Plexis are good at healing things.

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

!!!!

Dude, congrats!!

Comment

!!!!

Dude, congrats!!

Comment

congrats!
            - Adam

Comment

congrats!
              - Adam

Comment

What a great Christmas gift. I'm glad things went smoothly.

I hope your back heals soon.
                Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by LuckisforLosers

Don't sound like Korn.

Comment

What a great Christmas gift. I'm glad things went smoothly.

I hope your back heals soon.
                  Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by LuckisforLosers

Don't sound like Korn.

Comment

Thanks, Paul! edit: and everyone! The worst of it from a selfish standpoing is that I haven't got any good playing time in on the Plexi, since all this happened pretty much right when I got it back!

But I can at least come here and talk about it, right?

Srsly, though, the whole thing was amazing (terrifyingly fast, but amazing). And we've got a lot of wonderful folks helping us out, and I'm trying hard to mend as fast as I can ~ there's nothing quite like back pain / sciatica. My two year old has started picking up my cane when I put it down and using it to go places, "just like daddy." Gonna have to change that image for her!

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

BLOG!
                    TUNES!

Comment

Thanks, Paul! edit: and everyone! The worst of it from a selfish standpoing is that I haven't got any good playing time in on the Plexi, since all this happened pretty much right when I got it back!

But I can at least come here and talk about it, right?

Srsly, though, the whole thing was amazing (terrifyingly fast, but amazing). And we've got a lot of wonderful folks helping us out, and I'm trying hard to mend as fast as I can ~ there's nothing quite like back pain / sciatica. My two year old has started picking up my cane when I put it down and using it to go places, "just like daddy." Gonna have to change that image for her!

BLOG!
                      TUNES!

Comment

OOoooohhh. I had a mild case of Sciatica years ago. Not fun at all. I will say the best thing I did for it, what actually fixed it, was getting in the pool with a kickboard. Just doing kicklaps was the very best thing I have ever done for my lower back. Prior to it, I couldn't even touch my toes. 15 years down the road, that's no problem at all.

Get well soon D!

Comment

OOoooohhh. I had a mild case of Sciatica years ago. Not fun at all. I will say the best thing I did for it, what actually fixed it, was getting in the pool with a kickboard. Just doing kicklaps was the very best thing I have ever done for my lower back. Prior to it, I couldn't even touch my toes. 15 years down the road, that's no problem at all.

Get well soon D!

Comment

MAN! Sounds like that is about as chaotic as it gets.

Congrats!
                            Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Comment

MAN! Sounds like that is about as chaotic as it gets.

Congrats!
                              Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Comment

Working...
                              X