Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh. I'll stick with the Wolfgang's.
    You don't win friends with salad

BRO CLUB MEMBER: NaturalBornBro

All that is needed for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Ghandi
      View Post

84lbs for the combo!

Phuck, can't they make these things weigh less?

The amp is 42 pounds. The other half is ego.

Comment

View Post

84lbs for the combo!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77
          View Post

LOL. Well, they keep adding features with every new model. The 50w got MIDI, and now the combo gets power scaling. I say make a 100w with MIDI and power scaling

+1

I'd be all over that. Next thing you know they'll come out with a 50w head with a separate volume control for the clean channel.
          Great transactions with: apowers, lp144, EdgeOfDarkness, rocknrolling, kensmith, silentrage, wrbush31, The_Dali

Guitars
          Fender HSS Strat (SD Custom + 2 Dimarzio Fast Tracks)
          Fender Telecaster (stock)
          Schecter Blackjack C7 (JB8 + '59 w/ Alnico 2)

Amps
          EVH 5150III 50 watt
          Whitebox Modern 212 loaded w/ Mesa Vintage 30 and Celestion Lead 80
          Laney AOR 30 112 combo (w/ stock Fane speaker)

Effects
          Vox V847 (modded for true bypass)
          Boss GE-7
          Boss DD-6

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77
            View Post

LOL. Well, they keep adding features with every new model. The 50w got MIDI, and now the combo gets power scaling. I say make a 100w with MIDI and power scaling

+1

I'd be all over that. Next thing you know they'll come out with a 50w head with a separate volume control for the clean channel.
            Great transactions with: apowers, lp144, EdgeOfDarkness, rocknrolling, kensmith, silentrage, wrbush31, The_Dali

Guitars
            Fender HSS Strat (SD Custom + 2 Dimarzio Fast Tracks)
            Fender Telecaster (stock)
            Schecter Blackjack C7 (JB8 + '59 w/ Alnico 2)

Amps
            EVH 5150III 50 watt
            Whitebox Modern 212 loaded w/ Mesa Vintage 30 and Celestion Lead 80
            Laney AOR 30 112 combo (w/ stock Fane speaker)

Effects
            Vox V847 (modded for true bypass)
            Boss GE-7
            Boss DD-6

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shane159
              View Post

I wonder how many Rig Talk guys will swear it is the best amp eva while they hack through the same tired ass Van Halen riffs on Youtube?

No, no... Us Rig Talk guys swear by Diezel, Cameron, Friedman amps, not something as civilian as a 5150.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic
              View Post

What did the EVH Charvels go for when they were out a few years ago? Anyone remember? $900 for one of those new ones doesn't seem outrageous; may look into one

Were the Charvel EVH guitars basswood too?

The Charvel EVH art series were basswood with no top. The neck shape was different/ smaller from a typical Charvel San Dimas. I think they sold for around $2400 originally. There were also the Charvel's Ed painted, which sold for upwards of $15K
              I Love Charvels

~Good Deals~
              (HC)-- JKD, dougiefresh, Orange Jackson, Kojdogg, billy budapest, Sheik_Yerbouti, ejendres
              (Rig-Talk)- King Guitar, Rayneman
              (TGP)- flyngtr, SirBoye, onemind, SvenHock, Musicman0912,Kccheers
              (Randall Forums)- Goldfish , BIGKAHUNA, SacredGroove, isburgracing, JMelton, Mikal69, HughJasol
              (JCF)- Strangletooth, Newc, John.W.Lawson, potatohead, straycat, ///MK

Proud MTS User

Peace, Love & Rossness

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shane159
                View Post

I wonder how many Rig Talk guys will swear it is the best amp eva while they hack through the same tired ass Van Halen riffs on Youtube?

No, no... Us Rig Talk guys swear by Diezel, Cameron, Friedman amps, not something as civilian as a 5150.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic
                View Post

What did the EVH Charvels go for when they were out a few years ago? Anyone remember? $900 for one of those new ones doesn't seem outrageous; may look into one

Were the Charvel EVH guitars basswood too?

The Charvel EVH art series were basswood with no top. The neck shape was different/ smaller from a typical Charvel San Dimas. I think they sold for around $2400 originally. There were also the Charvel's Ed painted, which sold for upwards of $15K
                I Love Charvels

~Good Deals~
                (HC)-- JKD, dougiefresh, Orange Jackson, Kojdogg, billy budapest, Sheik_Yerbouti, ejendres
                (Rig-Talk)- King Guitar, Rayneman
                (TGP)- flyngtr, SirBoye, onemind, SvenHock, Musicman0912,Kccheers
                (Randall Forums)- Goldfish , BIGKAHUNA, SacredGroove, isburgracing, JMelton, Mikal69, HughJasol
                (JCF)- Strangletooth, Newc, John.W.Lawson, potatohead, straycat, ///MK

Proud MTS User

Peace, Love & Rossness

Comment

I"m liking the look of the Black and White guitar... price seems decent too... not tooooo sold on that BIG ASS logo on the head stock though... would like to give it a try though...
                  Member of the SG Army

Comment

I"m liking the look of the Black and White guitar... price seems decent too... not tooooo sold on that BIG ASS logo on the head stock though... would like to give it a try though...
                    Member of the SG Army

Comment

View Post

84lbs for the combo!

Yes they can. They surely can. Several brands have super light cabs and heads. Brunetti, dv mark, hell even the 5150 mk III 50 watt is super light. Some do it although for 2x12? I wonder if the cabs are closed back.
                      "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

View Post

84lbs for the combo!

Yes they can. They surely can. Several brands have super light cabs and heads. Brunetti, dv mark, hell even the 5150 mk III 50 watt is super light. Some do it although for 2x12? I wonder if the cabs are closed back.
                        "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

Id be interested to try it, but I doubt itll get the tone that I know and love from my 5150 combo. Ive played the 5153 many times, and it doesnt compare, IMO. Still interested Also, you probably wont be able to find those for 400 used for a LOOOOONG time lol.
                          Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Id be interested to try it, but I doubt itll get the tone that I know and love from my 5150 combo. Ive played the 5153 many times, and it doesnt compare, IMO. Still interested Also, you probably wont be able to find those for 400 used for a LOOOOONG time lol.
                            Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Totally WOULD the black & yellow stripe at that price, but I'd definitely have to order a new neck, that giant, obnoxious EVH logo is HIDEOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n
                              View Post

Yeah, who the hell does he think he is? Eddie Van Halen?!
                              Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Totally WOULD the black & yellow stripe at that price, but I'd definitely have to order a new neck, that giant, obnoxious EVH logo is HIDEOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n
                                View Post

Yeah, who the hell does he think he is? Eddie Van Halen?!
                                Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X