Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some ways to improve the "value" of your band?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by modulusman
    View Post

I said $20,000.00 Wade, not $2000.00.

I read it right. He's got a tour ready pa and light rig worth more than that bro.

6 power amps, 4 trusses of par for front, full light show, fog..:48 channel carvin desk, snakes, trailer truck....c'mon man really?

Mike drums are probly worth 20k. Top line DW...
    Kickin' it in the sticks...

Comment

View Post

I said $20,000.00 Wade, not $2000.00.

I read it right. He's got a tour ready pa and light rig worth more than that bro.

6 power amps, 4 trusses of par for front, full light show, fog..:48 channel carvin desk, snakes, trailer truck....c'mon man really?

Kickin' it in the sticks...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by wades_keys
        View Post

Whatever IIRC the mixer was something ancient that you would be lucky to get $500.00 for. Why any bar band would need 48 channels is beyond me.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by wades_keys
          View Post

Whatever IIRC the mixer was something ancient that you would be lucky to get $500.00 for. Why any bar band would need 48 channels is beyond me.

Comment

• Maiden voyage of the new light rig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1YLqFktCzs

Had a practice on Sunday evening, nailed down some new harmony songs for NYE

Seven Bridges Road

Mountain Music

Wagon Wheel

Aimee

Hollywood Nights

All 4 part harmonies, along with way more that we harmonize the **************** out of. We practice new stuff now and then. Something like Honky Tonk Woman, I've played the last 25 years, so we don't go over it. We work on new stuff and have fun playing together as a band. Our singer moved 3 hours away but we make it work.

Had a blast playing NYE. Instead of playing that typical "may all whatever be forgotten and never come to pass" instead we played Time Warp, it went over huge!!!

Played 4 sets, first was 45 minutes, the rest clocked in over an hour each. Ended with Long Time, I love nailing the high high high notes in that song!!'

We have fun on stage, we are animated, play off each other and genuinely like each other. I think it shows. We passed a wireless mic into the crowd and a group of dancers sang backups for Mustang Sally. (it was a request) we also went from Sweet Caroline into Jet Airliner into Highway to Hell.

Sure we are a cover band but we have a helluva good time!!
            NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• Maiden voyage of the new light rig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1YLqFktCzs

Had a practice on Sunday evening, nailed down some new harmony songs for NYE

Seven Bridges Road

Mountain Music

Wagon Wheel

Aimee

Hollywood Nights

All 4 part harmonies, along with way more that we harmonize the **************** out of. We practice new stuff now and then. Something like Honky Tonk Woman, I've played the last 25 years, so we don't go over it. We work on new stuff and have fun playing together as a band. Our singer moved 3 hours away but we make it work.

Had a blast playing NYE. Instead of playing that typical "may all whatever be forgotten and never come to pass" instead we played Time Warp, it went over huge!!!

Played 4 sets, first was 45 minutes, the rest clocked in over an hour each. Ended with Long Time, I love nailing the high high high notes in that song!!'

We have fun on stage, we are animated, play off each other and genuinely like each other. I think it shows. We passed a wireless mic into the crowd and a group of dancers sang backups for Mustang Sally. (it was a request) we also went from Sweet Caroline into Jet Airliner into Highway to Hell.

Sure we are a cover band but we have a helluva good time!!
              NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

View Post

Why don't you guys just take your dicks out, lay them on the table, and get this over with. Though it seems he with the most subs usually has the smaller. Lets just count subs.

Comment

View Post

Why don't you guys just take your dicks out, lay them on the table, and get this over with. Though it seems he with the most subs usually has the smaller. Lets just count subs.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Lee Knight
                    View Post

Happy New Year too you

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Lee Knight
                      View Post

Happy New Year too you

Comment

• :-)

Comment

• :-)

Comment

• This thread goes on....

jeez Louise......so much talking about DOING.

I think its wise to think things thru but...remembering to listen to what you've got going on is the most important thing.

And adjust what you need to based upon whats going on.

...thats letting the music do the talking.

Al else is mechanics.

GtrGeorge

Comment

• This thread goes on....

jeez Louise......so much talking about DOING.

I think its wise to think things thru but...remembering to listen to what you've got going on is the most important thing.

And adjust what you need to based upon whats going on.

...thats letting the music do the talking.

Al else is mechanics.

GtrGeorge

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by StratGuy22
                                View Post

Maiden voyage of the new light rig....

Nice addition! The video clip of your new lights looks great.
                                The SpaceNorman

www.facebook.com/SuperstarsOfRock
                                www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
                                Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.
                                Stage Amplification: Stereo via 2 Yamaha DSR112s

Comment

Working...
                                X