OT: Pic of Neighbor

• Members

The deer was a road kill, the eagle just was one of many having a bit to eat.

We get to watch them soar over the river almost every afternoon when the thermals kick up. Majestic to say the least.

That deer looks tiny. (or the eagle is freakin huge)

• Members

A repopulation effort here in the Chesapeake has been very successful. Wonderful to see.

We have quite a few on my folks property (on the water to the north of Bill). Beautiful creatures. Tons of Osprey too that look like their smaller cousins.:)

• Members

A repopulation effort here in the Chesapeake has been very successful. Wonderful to see.

I sail the upper eastern shore of the Chesapeake; Worton Creek, MD. There is a family of bald eagles with a nest up in the trees out in the cove where my avatar pic was taken. In the evenings at anchor, we can watch them hunt for fish. It's pretty amazing to see one swoop down at a pretty high speed and snatch an unsuspecting fish out of the water. The Ospreys do that too. amazing eyesight. Cool to watch the younger ones (still a big bird) as they grow up.

It is nice to see them making a comeback.

• Members

Lots of Bald Eagles nesting here, along the Mississippi River. I really wouldn't want to mess with one.

Saw one of these guys on TV recently and they have haunted my dreams since - the Cassowary. Freakish, 6' tall, hairy bird relatives of the raptor that enjoy pack-hunting and disembowling people.

http://www.universebot.com/2009/03/29/cassowary-bird-attack-its-like-a-mini-t-rex-with-feathers/

Archived