Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audiopile DUS speakers

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, would the 12's be an improvement over for stage monitor purposes?

Peavey Impulse 200's

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literat...s/80300689.pdf

and

Peavey 112 TLM

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literat...s/80304871.pdf

Comment

Peavey Impulse 200's

and

Peavey 112 TLM

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tsaldana3
        View Post

Question....

Ok, so I have used for the past 4 years as monitors, 2 Behringer B212a and 2 Yorkville yx15p.

Would four of the 12 inch cabs and a couple of ipr's be a slight upgrade ?

IMO, yes.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

View Post

Question....

Ok, so I have used for the past 4 years as monitors, 2 Behringer B212a and 2 Yorkville yx15p.

IMO, yes.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Koopdaddy
            View Post

Peavey Impulse 200's

and

Peavey 112 TLM

Yes, for the TLM, probably not for the impulse (other than cosmetics)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Koopdaddy
              View Post

Peavey Impulse 200's

and

Peavey 112 TLM

Comment

View Post

Question....

My monitor amps are a pair of Peavey IPR1600's and I'm very happy with them. I do have a couple of these and if pack (and stage) space wasn't an issue I'd run six of them:

http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/prod...PI-CABSSL112M/

Advantages are lighter weight and plywood cabs. Disadvantages are no SpeakOns and no pole mounts - and I think the DUS's have stronger HF drivers and better support . The DUS are still well under my 50 lb "not stoopid heavy" limit .

OTOH the B212A (or newer "D") cabs are surprisingly decent sounding as monitors (they are biamp'd) and I'd not want to bet that the DUS or Loudspeaker+ cabs sound better. YMMV ...

Comment

View Post

Question....

My monitor amps are a pair of Peavey IPR1600's and I'm very happy with them. I do have a couple of these and if pack (and stage) space wasn't an issue I'd run six of them:

http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/prod...PI-CABSSL112M/

Advantages are lighter weight and plywood cabs. Disadvantages are no SpeakOns and no pole mounts - and I think the DUS's have stronger HF drivers and better support . The DUS are still well under my 50 lb "not stoopid heavy" limit .

OTOH the B212A (or newer "D") cabs are surprisingly decent sounding as monitors (they are biamp'd) and I'd not want to bet that the DUS or Loudspeaker+ cabs sound better. YMMV ...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger
                    View Post

OTOH the B212A (or newer "D") cabs are surprisingly decent sounding as monitors (they are biamp'd) and I'd not want to bet that the DUS cabs sound better. YMMV ...

I might.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger
                      View Post

OTOH the B212A (or newer "D") cabs are surprisingly decent sounding as monitors (they are biamp'd) and I'd not want to bet that the DUS cabs sound better. YMMV ...

I might.

Comment

^ It would be an interesting comparison - both using Chinese drivers, one with an active crossover and biamp'd vs the other with a rather good (from the pics) passive crossover.

Comment

^ It would be an interesting comparison - both using Chinese drivers, one with an active crossover and biamp'd vs the other with a rather good (from the pics) passive crossover.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
                            View Post

Andy. Does that mean you find the Impulse comparable to MXR? You made a comment about the DUS being on par with MXR

A&H GL2800 console, BagEnd Crystals over D-18's, 12"and 15" BagEnd and EAW wedges powered and processed by QSC, Klark, BSS, Symetrix, Valley, Sabine, Peavey and BagEnd INFRA.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
                              View Post

Andy. Does that mean you find the Impulse comparable to MXR? You made a comment about the DUS being on par with MXR

A&H GL2800 console, BagEnd Crystals over D-18's, 12"and 15" BagEnd and EAW wedges powered and processed by QSC, Klark, BSS, Symetrix, Valley, Sabine, Peavey and BagEnd INFRA.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm Williams
                                View Post

Do you mean MRX?

Yes, similar though the weight of the MDF is heavier. Sensitivity is within a dB or so, and power handling is about a dB shy as well (using my normalization to real world).

If you are in the area, give me a call and you can play around with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X