A little something I wrote

Gearo998

• Members

Thanks for the feedback. There are three chords. I'm following a simple progression, but I with throw in some inversions for flavor. There is a third verse that completes the story about a raft going down a river on a summer day, so I will work on that. Maybe more pronunciation on the lyrics. There is a lot of room for dynamics and vocal runs. I have some things to add some flavor for the next draft. More to follow.

Are you ready for an honest opinion?

Two chords with no relief, lyrics don't tell a story, and your delivery lacks dynamics.

• Members

ray wiley hubbards version of redneck mothers with the preamble telling of the origins of the tune is most amusing... he tells of how he feels he has written more clever pieces... and yet this three chord tune written as a joke, has been recorded and re-recorded so many times... and twice a year he goes out to the mailbox and grins... wanna hear it again?

• Members

The chords and melody are similar to 'knocking on heavens door". The problem with this song is the chorus has the same repetitive melody as the verse, as well as the same chords. Try making the melody go up at the end a the 4th line or doing something different with each 2nd and 4th line. I would also come up with a different melody and chords for the chorus. The chorus also needs a hook line.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Yup. What they all said. It sounds nice and pleasant, but the melody is just way too repetitive. The same two vocal bars over and over is too much. If you had a diverse set of vocal melodies and a story to tell, any issues with the number of chords could be easily forgiven.

Archived