Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Idol judges - can any of them actually sing?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol judges - can any of them actually sing?

And please don't say Paula Abdul.

I'd like to see one of THEM get up on stage with a mic in front of the whole world.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left!</i></div>

<<I'd like to see one of THEM get up on stage with a mic in front of the whole world.>>

They do -- but they talk instead of sing!
    There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton:
      <<I'd like to see one of THEM get up on stage with a mic in front of the whole world.>>

They do -- but they talk instead of sing!

Perhaps they've been performing Sprechstimme, but no one realized it

Comment

Originally posted by Counterpoint

Paula Abdul.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.guitarz.com" target="_blank">www.guitarz.com</a><br />
        <a href="http://www.myspace.com/jamminforkarma" target="_blank">Jammin' For Karma</a></div>

Comment

i doubt it since they can't actually hear
          <div class="signaturecontainer">http://www.myspace.com/patshepard</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Counterpoint

I'd like to see one of THEM get up on stage with a mic in front of the whole world.

How is their ability to sing relevent?

Comment

I'm not sure if he sings but Randy Jackson did play bass for

violin virtuoso Jean-Luc Ponty
              Journey
              Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown
              Billy Cobham
              Herbie Hancock
              Richard Marx
              Billy Joel
              Bob Dylan
              The Charlie Daniels Band.

Production/songwriting work with Narada Michael Walden and Walter Afanasieff. He's also worked as an executive with Columbia Records and MCA Records.

I also hear that Simon dude wails!
              ___

Comment

i guess those guys could tolerate his annoying personality, what a fake acting guy... the stereotypical music biz bull**************** artist...
                actually i don't think he is the same randy jackson that played for those jazz guys.. i saw that dude live once a long time ago, and it's not the same guy, but he could have lost lots of weight and shaved his head?
                <div class="signaturecontainer">http://www.myspace.com/patshepard</div>

Comment

Originally posted by patshep
                  i guess those guys could tolerate his annoying personality, what a fake acting guy... the stereotypical music biz bull**************** artist...
                  actually i don't think he is the same randy jackson that played for those jazz guys.. i saw that dude live once a long time ago, and it's not the same guy, but he could have lost lots of weight and shaved his head?

It's the same guy. He did lose lots of weight and shave his head.
                  ___

Comment

Originally posted by GCDEF

How is their ability to sing relevent?

Agreed.

Like them or not, they are all successful in the music business and know what they are talking about.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">What the world needs now is another folksinger.<br />
                    <br />
                    Like I need a hole in my head.<br />
                    <br />
                    -- Cracker<br />
                    </div>

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Knight

It's the same guy. He did lose lots of weight and shave his head.

Yeah, plus he just played bass at the Grammy's behind Mariah & the Sly Stone segment.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Everything is on the one&quot;<br />
                      </div>

Comment

Originally posted by 60hurts

Paula Abdul.

Didn't she get accused of having a singer step in for her?

And when did AutoTune start? She had those hits in the late '80s.
                        Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli:
                          And when did AutoTune start? She had those hits in the late '80s.

Good point, Ken. Paula Abdul's hits were before AutoTune

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Knight
                            I'm not sure if he sings but Randy Jackson did play bass for

violin virtuoso Jean-Luc Ponty
                            Journey
                            Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown
                            Billy Cobham
                            Herbie Hancock
                            Richard Marx
                            Billy Joel
                            Bob Dylan
                            The Charlie Daniels Band.

Production/songwriting work with Narada Michael Walden and Walter Afanasieff. He's also worked as an executive with Columbia Records and MCA Records.

I also hear that Simon dude wails!

Yeah, and Paula can dance her ass off. But they're not judging dancers or bass players. They're judging SING-ers.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left!</i></div>

Comment

Yeah, Ken and Geoff, I have no idea if Paula can sing or not. But singing on a recording is not singing live. Even in the days of tape, you had hours or days to get it right and of course tape IS editable.
                              Yeah, and Paula can dance her ass off. But they're not judging dancers or bass players. They're judging SING-ers.

I've seen just a few minutes worth of American Idol, but these "judges" do not determine the outcome, do they?
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.guitarz.com" target="_blank">www.guitarz.com</a><br />
                              <a href="http://www.myspace.com/jamminforkarma" target="_blank">Jammin' For Karma</a></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X