Anyone feeling pity for O.J Simpson ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, it was not a wise choice, but an understandable one, for him to gather some friends and agressively confront people selling off items that were stolen from him. A lot of people in the same situation would have done the same thing and many probably got away with it.

• Members

Yes, it was not a wise choice, but an understandable one, for him to gather some friends and agressively confront people selling off items that were stolen from him. A lot of people in the same situation would have done the same thing and many probably got away with it.

Let's hope not. It's typically more common practice to go through legal channels than it is to bust in on someone with a bunch of thugs while waving a gun.

To answer the original question, um, no.

• Members

Call me a rascist but I don`t feel bad for him and I do think he got away with murder but thats old news right? He said he would find the killers, then went out and played 18 holes of golf. The guy is seriously screwed up. I feel bad for him though in a very strange way. Heres a guy who had it all and let it all crumble. Pretty sad stuff.

• Members

Call me a rascist but I don`t feel bad for him and I do think he got away with murder but thats old news right? He said he would find the killers, then went out and played 18 holes of golf. The guy is seriously screwed up. I feel bad for him though in a very strange way. Heres a guy who had it all and let it all crumble. Pretty sad stuff.

my thoughts too...I remember watching the 'slow speed' chase, feeling he was being railroaded (I was a 10 year law enforcement veteran at the time and saw my share of racial inequity) I kept hoping for a logical explanation of his flight...then the trial, acquital, the celebration dance with the female ghetto queen juror with the bad wig hat on, and THEN...THOSE 18 holes of golf, followed by the promise to find those 'Columbian drug dealers' responsible for Nicoles death...{censored} him, he's breathin' my air, but hopefully not for long.

• Members

If you somehow managed to narrowly escape criminal prosecution for a double murder you were subsequently found liable for in civil case ...

Wouldn't you do everything you possibly could to stay on the right side of the law from that point forward?

Personally, I think he's guilty as hell and a thug to boot, so no ... I don't feel sorry for him.

• Members

I've always felt uneasy that even though he was acquitted of the infamous murder charge, most just seem to assume he was guilty of it anyway.

I obviously don't know for sure, but I'd say it looked really bad, wouldn't you say? We haven't proven Osama bin Laden guilty in a court of law either, but most just seem to assume he was guilty.

• Moderators

I've always felt uneasy that even though he was acquitted of the infamous murder charge, most just seem to assume he was guilty of it anyway.

If YOUR wife was brutally murdered (god forbid), and you were suspected of that horrible crime, but were exonerated, would you later.....

WRITE A BOOK titled, "If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer ?" :freak:

If_I_did_It_2.png

And no, I'm not sorry for him at all. I'm sorry for all the people who grieved and still grieve for Nicole and her friend, Ron Goldman. :(

Terry D.

• Members

If you somehow managed to narrowly escape criminal prosecution for a double murder you were subsequently found liable for in civil case ...

Wouldn't you do everything you possibly could to stay on the right side of the law from that point forward?

Personally, I think he's guilty as hell and a thug to boot, so no ... I don't feel sorry for him.

Yeah when you know so many are waiting for you to slip to do something like that I can't feel sorry for him.

I saw that criminal trial btw. Most of it all the way to the closing arguments. Barry Sheck is the one that won it for him. Not so much Johnny.

• Members

I sort of have pity...not sure if pity is the right word. Just wonder I guess. He had it all and more. One of the greatest football players of all time,if not the greatest. Just interesting...was it drugs, hereditary, upbringing...a combination of all three. Just weird. I think this latest ordeal is his way of turning himself in...

• Members

ERNEST, Sorry If I repeating your original thread, I'm new here and it was probably posted before I signed on ...mea culpa for the rehash. Hard Truth said he (OJ) was just trying to get back things that belonged to him...was that what he had in mind when he brutally took the life of his estranged wife and a perfect stranger...all about possesion?

• Moderators

I feel he's been unfairly singled out because if his celebrity and his heritage. All the false accusations are so unfair for such a great icon to have to face. It's not right. His story will one day be told and he will be vindicated. Then we will have to face the truth about our witch hunt, string 'im up, railroad, mob mentality.

Just kidding.

• Members

Has nothing to be with being a racist. I'm sure many black folks share the same opinion.

• Members

but ... understandable ... for him to gather some friends and agressively confront people selling off items that were stolen from him.

I can't believe I'm chiming in on this, but I want to clarify what (I was told) is the true story behind those "stolen" items. As it was explained to me, he tried to duck the lawsuit by the Goldmans, and he stashed those items to hide them from collection. So add me to the "no pity" list. :D

--Ethan

• Members

A friend of mine wanted me to go with her to the thieve's home to recover a computer that he stole from her. Its a good thing I didn't go despite a lot of pressure from her.

good choice, State statutes vary greatly on this...emotions also rule...women love drama ,:but hate night court...speaking from job related experience....did I say good choice?:thu:

Archived