Anyone feeling pity for O.J Simpson ?

• Members

I obviously don't know for sure, but I'd say it looked really bad, wouldn't you say? We haven't proven Osama bin Laden guilty in a court of law either, but most just seem to assume he was guilty.

I didn't properly address the post. I don't feel pity for OJ, or anybody else much.

The OJ thing to me is what should have been a much needed high profile example of what a joke the court system is. You can be acquitted of murder in one court but then later found guilty of it in a civil court?

For years judges have made up their own laws as they go along, and what happens to anyone in court has more to do with the popular politics of the time rather than anything to do with fairness or justice.

Witches were often drowned or crushed to death with rocks because they wouldn't confess, obviously everyone agreed they were guilty as charged also.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He said he would find the killers, then went out and played 18 holes of golf. The guy is seriously screwed up. I feel bad for him though in a very strange way. Heres a guy who had it all and let it all crumble. Pretty sad stuff.

Devil's advocate here. "If" he didn't do this...

...there's really not much he could do. After the criminal trial he was the most vilified man on the airwaves. Anything he did the media would be right there putting the pressure on.

We don't know if he had anyone else investigate or not, but he really shouldn't have said he would search for the killers anyways. I think that was just posturing for the camera more than anything. OJ doesn't have the political pull to investigate an alledged 'Mafia drug lord connection'.

Once the district attorney's office sets it's sights on you they don't let go. If they lose the trial they just close the case and don't help at all. This happens all the time.

• Members

If OJ was innocent in `94, the best thing he could have done was leave the states. You`re right, no matter what he did after the trial, he was getting slammed for it so move to Iceland or something and lay low. Even if he is guilty, this is probably what he should have done. Parading around LA with his girlfriends, playing golf and writing books was NOT a good idea.

• Members

I agree with Ernest. He could have moved to D.R. and lived as a frikken king.

Or {censored}, even if he stayed here, all he had to do was live the life of a hermit as to not further piss off the anglo persuasion, and he could have lived the life of a aging football legend/old age golf hustler at the least.

• Members

They should have put the jury that acquitted him in jail.

Yeah that makes sense. Let's see...

No human witnesses, no murder weapon, no finger prints, a barking dog as the chief incriminating witness, lying cops, bungling blood lab, bloody gloves that were clearly someone else's, insanely overmatched prosecution team, gallons of blood at the scene yet just a microscopic spec of blood in the supposed getaway vehicle, a preposterous murder timeline, 1 man and 1 woman butchered by hand and an OJ with not a scratch on him save a cut finger.. Hmm..

Yep, it was the Jury's fault.

• Members

How 'bout he bought the gloves, the knife, receipts of their purchase barred by the defense, as well as the big load of cash and fake moustache found in the Bronco,?,,ever try to put leather gloves ( your size)shrunken by a good soaking of whatever liquid on over a pair of rubber gloves?

Try it sometime if it really vexes you..I taught a seminar for three years after the trial doing just that, got volunteers from the participants, my job picked up the tab for the gloves etc. OJ didn't even try to fit those gloves on his '{censored}grabbers,' he knew that he had to make it look like they didnt fit, he didn't have to even try...it would have taken over a half an hour for them to stretch and fit, pulling a little bit at a time, closest time was 32 minutes in our tests.

Lance Ito, Marsha Clark, racist 'rat-faced' Mark Furman all let him walk...whoever said Karma got him was right on...

• Members

Lance Ito, Marsha Clark, racist 'rat-faced' Mark Furman all let him walk...whoever said Karma got him was right on...

Letting him try on the gloves, along with so many other bizarre turn of events...the whole thing...very strange stuff....

Not sure I believe in karma, but I do believe in a guilty conscience.

• Members

Yeah
that
makes sense. Let's see...

No human witnesses, no murder weapon, no finger prints, a barking dog as the chief incriminating witness, lying cops, bungling blood lab, bloody gloves that were clearly someone else's, insanely overmatched prosecution team, gallons of blood at the scene yet just a microscopic spec of blood in the supposed getaway vehicle, a preposterous murder timeline, 1 man and 1 woman butchered by hand and an OJ with not a scratch on him save a cut finger.. Hmm..

Yep, it was the Jury's fault.

Perhaps you should have helped OJ go out and look for the "real" killer.

How's that going, by the way?

• Members

I gotta agree with mecca. With a jury that's been sequestered for over a year (not privy to all the Geraldo/Grodin daily spin), that needs proof beyond a reasonable doubt, I can't blame the jury. EDTA is what pretty much sealed it for me. Not Furman.

• Members

How 'bout he bought the gloves, the knife, receipts of their purchase barred by the defense, as well as the big load of cash and fake moustache found in the Bronco,?,,
ever try to put leather gloves ( your size)shrunken by a good soaking of whatever liquid on over a pair of rubber gloves?

Yep many dozens of times.. I played H.S. and a little college football up north. Wore gloves of all types thru most of the season, doubled up when I could, and they got wet all the time. What I can remember of my leather gloves was when they got wet, they dried hard...real hard. Had to beat them on your thigh pads to soften them up, but they didn't shrink up to the point where you had to struggle to put them on. Get 'em softened, they fit like always. Maybe it's different with blood instead of water.

• Members

How's that going, by the way?

Well, I never said he was innocent, All I'm trying to make clear is that LA County put on such a ridiculously poor case, that the jury had nowhere to go but not guilty.

As I've said many times online, it could have been a white celeb defendant like a Joe Namath, with no Mark Furman testimony, but that same jury would have rendered the same not guilty verdict 10 out of 10 times.

As for O.J. well, this could be the universe having it's say about justice. I'm not sure about that, but as my Grandomom used to say, the evil that you do will always come back to y-o-u.

• Members

A trail of blood was found in OJ's driveway and into the foyer of his house. When asked about the blood and cut on his finger he kept telling the cops (this is on tape) "I don't know man, I don't know". WTF. Then later he remembers that he cut his finger chipping golf balls the night he left for Chicago in his driveway :facepalm:

I've worked on motorcycles and trimmed trees, etc. for 25 years at my house. I've never left a trail of blood, yet OJ just happened to cut his hand that night and bleed all over. He sure has a lot of coincidences happen to him.

• Members

A trail of blood was found in OJ's driveway and into the foyer of his house. When asked about the blood and cut on his finger he kept telling the cops (this is on tape) "I don't know man, I don't know". WTF. Then later he remembers that he cut his finger chipping golf balls the night he left for Chicago in his driveway.

Well, tell that to the LA crime lab.

I though Barry Schect pretty much showed that with all the cross-contamination, what with Vannatter carrying around a vial of OJ's blood in his pocket for 8 hours, and some of the blood evidence at Nicole's home not collected until 3 weeks after the crime, among other disasters etc, the prosecution couldn't prove who's blood was where etc. Normally this should have been a strong point in the case, but due to the mishandling and contamination by police and Dennis Fung's lab, the blood couldn't be used to prove much of anything.

Again, my only point is not that OJ is innocent, but that the jurors were not at fault in the botched trial.

• Members

Yep many dozens of times.. I played H.S. and a little college football up north. Wore gloves of all types thru most of the season, doubled up when I could, and they got wet all the time. What I can remember of my leather gloves was when they got wet, they dried hard...real hard. Had to beat them on your thigh pads to soften them up, but they didn't shrink up to the point where you had to struggle to put them on. Get 'em softened, they fit like always. Maybe it's different with blood instead of water.

You know that's true from your personal experience and your input is well taken... it's those rubber gloves that make it next to impossible for the leather and lining to slide over, it's like having set of brakes on on full lock on your hands. We used only gloves soaked in water for the test.

Archived