Thank you to all veterans

UstadKhanAli

• Members

Absolutely.

I have deep gratitude to those who have served and am sending a positive thought/prayer (whatever one wants to call it) for them and for all our men and women currently in uniform and especially to those away from their homes and families... and, of course, a fervent hope/prayer that all those in harm's way in the service of their nation will be home with their families as soon as possible.

• Members

Like Isits said, just doing my job.

148551_450473662971_754077971_5520722_59

G'wan wif yo' bad self, Raspy...BDU'S in summer roll-up sleeves, kinda wrinkled, bloused trousers over boots that need some major shine...Many points and mucho pushups would be issued If I was your DI.:cop::cop:

'loose dat Cancer stick, boy...or I'll butt it out on your MFin' Forehead!'

'you best snap out dat Civilian sheet Bwa!!!'

I don't know what base that pic was taken, but they all look alike...

'Cooterbrown' did his basic at Fort Dix NJ...I did my second Military stint as a member of the State Guard at Dix...{censored}in' ugly buildings in a Pine Forest...

One thing about the Military I always loved was the PX and '{censored} on a Shingle' whipped up by Southern 'cooks' at Mess Hall.

• Members

hahahah.... Luke, you nailed it. I'm all to' up in this picture... all to' up.

I think my boots did need a shine in this photo... I think this was towards the end of the day (ie., after my sergeants and officers had already looked me over once or twice). You can bet the boots got the full treatment (KIWI melted with a match into a liquid) that night.

Yeah, I would smoke very insolently at this time (although we were permitted to in certain places and times). I did have too much Civilian Attitude. Still I had a great big black sergeant (a great guy whom we all adored, as it turns out).

He would walk by us and simply say, calmly: "'At's gon' ki' ye', Pri'te. 'At {censored}'s gon' ki' ye."

I liked my summer BDU's. My winters were too heavy... even in the winter. I think I would like the new beret headgear they now wear.

This photo was taken at the Naval Amphibious Base in Littlecreek, Norfolk, VA.

I have to say, Navy chow sucks ballz. But Army chow was really, really, really good. I used to have to pull KP every now and then... I'd get back in the galley with those ancient black ladies, and lemme tell you, they made everything from scratch: vegetables, meat, cakes, puddings, pies, breads--- EVERYTHING was made from scratch, they never used pre-fab mixes, (and prepared, of course in huge bulk amounts) and it was really yummy (giving the lie to the old saw that Army food is bad. It ain't!)

Yep, the PX at Ft. Leonard Wood was very, very well-stocked with every kind of luxury good you could imagine. No flies.

• Members

hahahah.... Luke, you nailed it. I'm all to' up in this picture... all to' up.

I think my boots did need a shine in this photo... I think this was towards the end of the day (ie., after my sergeants and officers had already looked me over once or twice). You can bet the boots got the full treatment (KIWI melted with a match into a liquid) that night.

Yeah, I would smoke very insolently at this time (although we were permitted to in certain places and times). I did have too much Civilian Attitude. Still I had a great big black sergeant (a great guy whom we all adored, as it turns out).

He would walk by us and simply say, calmly: "'At's gon' ki' ye', Pri'te. 'At {censored}'s gon' ki' ye."

I liked my summer BDU's. My winters were too heavy... even in the winter. I think I would like the new beret headgear they now wear.

This photo was taken at the Naval Amphibious Base in Littlecreek, Norfolk, VA.

I have to say, Navy chow sucks ballz. But Army chow was really, really, really good. I used to have to pull KP every now and then... I'd get back in the galley with those ancient black ladies, and lemme tell you, they made everything from scratch: vegetables, meat, cakes, puddings, pies, breads--- EVERYTHING was made from scratch, they never used pre-fab mixes, (and prepared, of course in huge bulk amounts) and it was really yummy (giving the lie to the old saw that Army food is bad. It ain't!)

Yep, the PX at Ft. Leonard Wood was very, very well-stocked with every kind of luxury good you could imagine. No flies.

too funny ras, you have that Sgts 'lazy mouth' down to a T....he's the Universal Sgt. on every Base...

Lotsa Memories stirred up when you mentioned the Kiwi melted with a match, I swear I actually smelled it when I read your post.

Yup, the ladies working the galleys were all ancient Black ladies and they could really cook up some righteous meals.

At Fort Dix our Naval Unit was attached to the NJ National Guard...it was a Joint Command situation...I was given the rank of Petty Officer 3 on volunteering due to prior service, I wore a 'Crow' with one stripe on my cover...

we also wore BDU.

The young army guys would mistake it for a Col.s Eagle and salute me as I walked by, I had gray hair and kinda looked the part....At mess they young guys would shout 'make a hole Officer comin' thru!...funny as hell.

My dad spent some time during WW11 at the Amphib base in Little Creek, Norfolk...I have some pics and a Blue and Gold shiny type of postcard,from there kinda looks metallic.

Memories.:thu:

• Members

well veterans deserve respect for their dedication, this country should have a "{censored} the Government" Holiday to show our disrepect for the politicians making the terrible decisions in DC.

That sorta occurs every couple of years in November, doesn't it? :D

I know, I know, it doesn't quite have the middle fingers and pageantry that we'd like.

• Members

well veterans deserve respect for their dedication, this country should have a "{censored} the Government" Holiday to show our disrepect for the politicians making the terrible decisions in DC.

How thoughtful of you to contribute a totally OT response to a Dedicative Post to Veterans...

Ever heard of the 'Political Party' forum?

Take your insipid musings and your tough guy 'Bruce Willis' Avatar over there...I'm willing to bet the only military action you've ever experienced was 'gaming'

Did you stand in line and pay big bucks to get 'Black OPS'

'{censored} the Government day?'

How 'bout '{censored} yo' M*mma Day?':idea:

• Members

How thoughtful of you to contribute a totally OT response to a Dedicative Post to Veterans...

Ever heard of the 'Political Party' forum?

Take your insipid musings and your tough guy 'Bruce Willis' Avatar over there...I'm willing to bet the only military action you've ever experienced was 'gaming'

Did you stand in line and pay big bucks to get 'Black OPS'

'{censored} the Government day?'

How 'bout '{censored} yo' M*mma Day?':idea:

how bout i served a tour of duty in the marines, dickwad.

either post your dd214 or keep sucking washington's cock. whichever u prefer.

• Members

how bout i served a tour of duty in the marines, dickwad.

either post your dd214 or keep sucking washington's cock. whichever u prefer.

Actually I have two DD214,... they are not for posting to any 'Cyberthug' who requests them, but they are a matter of Public Record.

No Marine, no matter how bitter, would EVER speak of their Country/Govt. in that matter...unless you joined the Corps and washed out...a possibility, but you would still speak respectfully of your Service.

No Marine that I know would say 'i did a tour of duty in the marines...'

Doesn't ring true.. I think you are a sham and a phony...

.Only Military Tour you ever did was possibly a few weeks with the Salvation Army as a condition in your '12 Step Program' for addicted 'War Gamers':p

I never sucked 'Washington's Nor any others cock..I served my Country proudly, no matter who was in charge...that's what Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen and, first and foremost, MARINES do.

Back to suckin' cock...How's yo' m**ma doin' these days?

Did she git da birfday card I sent her...they wuz a fi' dollah bill in there?:lol:

• Members

I know a crapload of guys from my old unit who are in afghanistan and iraq. everyday they're trying to NOT get killed. They're over there because some megalomaniacs in washington are trying to further they're bought-and-paid-for political agenda.

I know a bunch of guys who got out and can't find decent jobs because the economy is {censored}. Thank you Washington DC for leading us into this Great Recession.

Every angle you look at it, washington is responsible for all of the {censored} decisions that are leading to thousands of deaths and unemployed. That's why {censored} the government.

For the record, it seem as if everyone who gets out of the military are either stupid {censored}ing hawks like you, or those you have seen how much damage a few key power brokers in washington can cause to millions of Americans and others across the world.

wake up, dickwad.

back to the original topic: troops do deserve a day of remembrance, respect, etc for their sacrifices and hardwork. but their sacrifices wouldn't be necessary if not for the poor, poor decisions made by our so called leaders (Democratic AND republican).

• Members

I know a crapload of guys from my old unit who are in afghanistan and iraq. everyday they're trying to NOT get killed. They're over there because some megalomaniacs in washington are trying to further they're bought-and-paid-for political agenda.

I know a bunch of guys who got out and can't find decent jobs because the economy is {censored}. Thank you Washington DC for leading us into this Great Recession.

Every angle you look at it, washington is responsible for all of the {censored} decisions that are leading to thousands of deaths and unemployed. That's why {censored} the government.

For the record, it seem as if everyone who gets out of the military are either stupid {censored}ing hawks like you, or those you have seen how much damage a few key power brokers in washington can cause to millions of Americans and others across the world.

wake up, dickwad.

back to the original topic: troops do deserve a day of remembrance, respect, etc for their sacrifices and hardwork. but their sacrifices wouldn't be necessary if not for the poor, poor decisions made by our so called leaders (Democratic AND republican).

I'm no Hawk...the first time I was called up for the Army draft, I went kickin' and screamin' didn't want to go to 'Nam so I joined the Navy.

I got to stay Stateside...I really {censored}ed myself over because the Army decided they didn't want me because I was color blind and had Hypertension...however the Navy was happy to have another warm body.

One of my best friends went to the Navy Recruiter with me...he wanted to avoid Nam too....he ended up on a Swift Boat on the Mekong.Talk about getting {censored}ed.

I volunteered for the Naval Guard a few days after 9-11, I was totally frustrated and felt helpless that my country could be attacked and I was sitting around with my thumb up my ass....I also had skills from my day job that were desperately needed at that time

Sorry... no Hawks over here..

If you feel so strongly anti- Govt, why in Gods name did you enlist in the Marines?

That beats the {censored} outta me:confused:

Oh, I almost forgot to call you 'Dickwad.:p

Archived