No announcement yet.

Seems Like It's Been a 1000 years Since I've been Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems Like It's Been a 1000 years Since I've been Here

Well the Blue Jays are gone to another home, and I purchased this kit last month. Best sounding drums I've ever owned I think. Some of you may remember me, and most may not. But Dendy asked me to stop by and say Howdy Do!!! So Howdy Do! I'm still around having fun...hope there are people here I still know...
    The Southpaw is rising again!
    I finally made it into the Flaming Pedals of Doom. That was the longest and toughest audition I ever had to endure!
    Yep...Still the Director of the Geezer Guild for 2013...and counting

http://carminem7.wix.com/carminestrollo

Welcome back!

That's a nice looking kit. I don't think I've ever seen an all-natural finish Pacific kit before, but it looks cool - it gives it a kind of vintage vibe.

I also have a Pacific kit - a mid 2000's FS birch kit. Mine has a red satin finish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=31139337&d=1398720428.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	32231680

I am not really a drummer, but I needed to have a decent sounding kit here in the studio for those times when someone doesn't want to bring theirs over, and for those times when what they have is just junk and we need something that sounds decent. Some of the Pacific kits offer really good bang for the bucks IMO.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

very nice. I used to have a 2006 Arctic Blue CX kit, but these just grabbed...with the wood hoops, it was just my style!
      The Southpaw is rising again!
      I finally made it into the Flaming Pedals of Doom. That was the longest and toughest audition I ever had to endure!
      Yep...Still the Director of the Geezer Guild for 2013...and counting

http://carminem7.wix.com/carminestrollo

Comment

Originally posted by Carminemw View Post
        very nice. I used to have a 2006 Arctic Blue CX kit, but these just grabbed...with the wood hoops, it was just my style!
        I noticed the wood hoops right off - very nice - they reminded me of an Ayotte kit I've recorded several times.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

It has been 100 years since you were here. The Geezer's are all getting old - including this geezer (me).

Great to see you around Carm!
          D
          Keeping the Harmony at Harmony Central

Comment

I had wood hoops on my first real kit, by Slingerland, back in the... ummm... mid-'60s.

-D44

************************************************** *********************************

Old guy, just trying to play through the arthritis...
            - Balance is a virtue; loud for its own sake is not... and loud won't fix bad
            - I may not interpret ridiculous, crazy, or stupid the way you intended
            - Common retail products are never awesome (thermo-nuclear probably is, though)
            Assume the requisite list of stuff...

Comment

Drummer44 - You're here! Whoop!

mid 60's ... um ....

Keeping the Harmony at Harmony Central

Comment

Yeah, I'm here occasionally. Seems like not much going on... across the whole board, looks like more spam and political yakking than anything to do with music...

In the meantime, I'm trying to play a new guitar with a skinnier-than-most neck, and it's kicking my.... ummm... I mean the arthritis is getting in the way more than usually. We'll see... but at least I've got my kits pretty much dialed in for the way we play.

-D44
                Last edited by Drummer44; 05-27-2018, 05:43 AM.
                ************************************************** *********************************

Old guy, just trying to play through the arthritis...
                - Balance is a virtue; loud for its own sake is not... and loud won't fix bad
                - I may not interpret ridiculous, crazy, or stupid the way you intended
                - Common retail products are never awesome (thermo-nuclear probably is, though)
                Assume the requisite list of stuff...

Comment

Hey Carm. nice tubs. look like camcos.
                  I'm blatman.
                  www.timhofmann.org

Comment

Working...
                  X