No announcement yet.

[metathread] $1.52 boy

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I stink at bass
    With the exception of my fiancee', I would have to say her best friend Tina.

Ooh, baby! Where's she live? Does she go for older, more "mature" bass players?
    ‚Äč"The United States is in no sense founded upon Christian Doctrine." Article 11, Treaty of Tripoli, signed into law by President John Adams, June 10, 1797
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God." Thomas Jefferson
    "The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bholder
      Oh, you mean your silly gibberish poll, then. Well, it was in fairly direct violation of the rules, regardless of whether you thing a particular gender preference slur is part of the common vernacular in your area, there's been clear precedent not to use it that way here.

I've got no problem with it, the mods have to do their jobs, and we should respect them for it rather than constantly challenging them and intentionally pushing the limits.

I just don't understand how, after all this time, you cannot seem to "get it".

Rant all you want in your indecipherable rage visionary dialect, but keep it in bounds, and there won't be a problem. Break the rules, and there will be. Seems simple enough to me.

so if someone were to say..."you're my n*gga"...as in you're my bro...then that would be offensive even though it is in common use on the streets all the time? and tho it is not FCC offensive, as such, it maybe PC offensive to white's sensibilities? (guilt is..everlasting i suspect) ...so a semi-common eupherism in the gay community, like 'he's an art-f*g' or even, 'he's a b*tch' are equally offensive to hetro PCers?...

that line in the sand

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarxide
        to be honest, i couldn't care less, it's not m y set of servers, but i am sick of wading through political drivel to get to the bass stuff.... go and argue in OJ for f*cks sake...

Or, you could just not read the threads you don't want to...
        "Hey, if you've got a physics questions, you ask Steven Hawking...When the subject is getting some tail, Bonoman is Albert Einstein, Neils Bohr, and Sir Issac Newton rolled in to one..." - King Kashue

"Bonoman is the Dictator of Dumbass. His word is law!" - lug

Bonoman, CEO of ****************storms R Us" - meegaleedo
        "I've done far worse than kill Bonoman. I've hurt Bonoman. And, I wish to go on hurting Bonoman. I shall leave Bonoman as he has left the forum - marooned, for all eternity, in the center of a dead MP3 player, buried " - lug

WINNER OF THE ZAMFIR RUNNER UP OF THE POST OF DAY! - 01/03/2005
        Winner of the "Almost Got Into Lug's Signature Of The Day" award. - 01/17/2005
        WINNER of the Inaugural FSI 'Great, But Now I Need A Wank' Award!!!! - 02/17/2005
        Winner of the "Post That Made Darxide Throw Up" Award - 02/23/2005
        Winner of "The First Ever - Prestia's- I like the Way this Thread is Going Award" - 02/23/2005
        Winner of el_duderino676's inagural Holy **************** post of the Day - 03/15/2005
        Winner of the Dirty Sanchez "Look all my shiny bits" award for many many medals...- 04/06/2005
        Winner of the "way to go and confuse us dude" award! - awarded by Darxide, 04/13/2005
        Winner of the Zamfir Anti-Post of the Day - 04/22/2005

Winner of The Bonoman Post of the Day Award (as granted by mike fitzwell) - 04/25/2005
        Winner of the first-ever bikehorn post of the day award! - 04/25/2005
        Winner of the I GAVE ZEROMUS-X HIS FIRST BONOMAN POTD AWARD award!!! - 04/25/2005
        The extremely rare "Lug shows self restraint" post award - 04/28/2005
        WINNER OF REMUS's POST OF THE DAY - 05/06/2005
        WINNER!!! BASSHUNTER'S RANDOMLY OCCURING POST OF THE DAY AWARD!!!! - 05/12/2005

WINNER of Thrash Jazz's Inaugural"Lug Deserved That" Post of the Day!!! - 06/01/05
        Winner of Lug's 6th annual"Seeing The Big Picture!"award! - 06/16/05
        Winner of the first and only Rowka's "Dear God, this sig is too f'ing much, get over yourself already!" award. - 06/24/05
        Winner of the Zamfir Post of the Day Award!!! - 07/01/05
        Rachel's first ever and only post of the day award!!! - 08/17/2005
        WINNER!!! BASSHUNTER'S RANDOMLY OCCURING NOSTALGIA MADE-ME-SQUIRT-WATER-OUT-MY-NOSE POST OF THE DAY AWARD!!!!! - 10/27/2005

Comment

Jessica Alba?

a flat chested tuneless Nora Jones wannabe shank steak skank.

'nuff said

RBTV knows beauty

*gazes adoringly into mirror*

Comment

Originally posted by boy#152

so if someone were to say..."you're my n*gga"...as in you're my bro...then that would be offensive even though it is in common use on the streets all the time? and tho it is not FCC offensive, as such, it maybe PC offensive to white's sensibilities? (guilt is..everlasting i suspect) ...so a semi-common eupherism in the gay community, like 'he's an art-f*g' or even, 'he's a b*tch' are equally offensive to hetro PCers?...

that line in the sand

I dont mean to be a bastard, I dont even know what's going ont, but it sounds like you should just learn to use decent language around here and not try to fight for your right to use "n*gga" or "f*g." In here they are considered uncalled for and unacceptable.

If you want to argue that using foul language is your Consititutional right or whatever, it would probably be better if you take your politics somewhere other than here.
            My rig:
            Spector NS-2000 Q4, a few effects every now and then, Peavy Deltabass, Home-made 1x12 cab

"In a perfect world, everything I type on this forum would be autofed to someone's signature" - Lug

WINNER OF TWYZTYR'S SPORADICALLY OCCURRING POST OF THE DAY AWARD - 4/22/05

Comment

You've never met your fiancee or her best friend? Who are you? Kip Dynamite?

By the way, your fiancee's friend is smoking hot! Any more pics?
              "Hey, if you've got a physics questions, you ask Steven Hawking...When the subject is getting some tail, Bonoman is Albert Einstein, Neils Bohr, and Sir Issac Newton rolled in to one..." - King Kashue

"I've done far worse than kill Bonoman. I've hurt Bonoman. And, I wish to go on hurting Bonoman. I shall leave Bonoman as he has left the forum - marooned, for all eternity, in the center of a dead MP3 player, buried " - lug

WINNER of the Inaugural FSI 'Great, But Now I Need A Wank' Award!!!! - 02/17/2005
              Winner of "The First Ever - Prestia's- I like the Way this Thread is Going Award" - 02/23/2005
              Winner of el_duderino676's inagural Holy **************** post of the Day - 03/15/2005
              Winner of the Dirty Sanchez "Look all my shiny bits" award for many many medals...- 04/06/2005
              Winner of the "way to go and confuse us dude" award! - awarded by Darxide, 04/13/2005

Winner of The Bonoman Post of the Day Award (as granted by mike fitzwell) - 04/25/2005
              Winner of the I GAVE ZEROMUS-X HIS FIRST BONOMAN POTD AWARD award!!! - 04/25/2005

WINNER of Thrash Jazz's Inaugural"Lug Deserved That" Post of the Day!!! - 06/01/05
              Winner of the first and only Rowka's "Dear God, this sig is too f'ing much, get over yourself already!" award. - 06/24/05
              WINNER!!! BASSHUNTER'S RANDOMLY OCCURING NOSTALGIA MADE-ME-SQUIRT-WATER-OUT-MY-NOSE POST OF THE DAY AWARD!!!!! - 10/27/2005

Comment

Originally posted by Bonoman

Or, you could just not read the threads you don't want to...

i don't, it would just be nice to not have to go back pages and pages to find the thread i was reading the other day.....
                Originally posted by lastcall
                Listen you tree hugging hippi. Next time a real rocker tries to sell you some gear to help you shred better you had best say, "thank you sir but we're not talented enough to shred". Then as a show of respect you should ask to see his favorite Ibanez, or ask to touch his mullet for luck. Then maybe, just maybe he'll teach you some of his shredding secrets, and you'll be on your way to being real rock stars.

Comment

Hey stinky...Does Tina need any beef in her Taco?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarxide

i don't, it would just be nice to not have to go back pages and pages to find the thread i was reading the other day.....

That's understandable, but on the other hand a lot of people spend a lot of time here and it's a testament to how great this forum's community is that it moves so quickly, don't you think?

Comment

Scarlet Johanson (I don't know if I spelled it correctly), or as I like to call her, Scarlet JoHottie!

meh...i'm not impressed...

she's okay, but not superhot or anything. but that's just my opinion, and i could be wrong...
                      Smash The State!

Now shipping, "Just the Tip" our very very DIY demo. Hit meh if you're interested.

Comment

2 words: Nicole Kidman
                        Life should have a soundtrack.

My Gear:
                        '76 Fender Precision Bass
                        '04 Lakland Joe Osborn Skyline Bass
                        '08 Danelectro '63 Bass
                        '08 Fender Standard Telecaster
                        Ampeg B-100R '03
                        Eden wt 550 '06
                        Eden 210 xlt '06
                        Eden 112 xlt '07
                        Cubase Essential 4
                        PreSonus Inspire GT 1394
                        Yamaha PSR-E403 keyboard
                        Akai LPD8 pad controller
                        Shure SM57
                        ART tube mic preamp
                        cowbell

I Dig:
                        Classic and Alternative Rock, '70's Soul and Funk, Motown, Stax, Chicago Blues, ProgRock

Comment

Originally posted by boy#152
                          Jessica Alba?

a flat chested tuneless Nora Jones wannabe shank steak skank.

'nuff said

RBTV knows beauty

*gazes adoringly into mirror*

Apparently you and I have very different definitions for the words flat-chested and skank.
                          "I have Dalinian Thought: The one thing the world will never have enough of is the outrageous." - Salvadore Dali

Comment

Originally posted by Tlaloc

I dont mean to be a bastard, I dont even know what's going ont, but it sounds like you should just learn to use decent language around here and not try to fight for your right to use "n*gga" or "f*g." In here they are considered uncalled for and unacceptable.

If you want to argue that using foul language is your Consititutional right or whatever, it would probably be better if you take your politics somewhere other than here.

what was once foul...say, a Black man singing to a white audience, is now a non issue, thankfully...the word and concept of 'gay' is part of the venacular and accepted...'bitch' and 'ass' and 'toilet' are words common where once they were banned..'f*g' and 'n*gga' seem so colorful and offensive to you today, but once, those other words were equally offensive to some folks...the point being, all along, is not about my right to use vulagrity...but that so called notions of vulgarity are challengable, and do indeed change...

actually, I am not trying to defend my write to be a racist, or use racist, bigoted words, but that the transition from a word being dubious in its use is ongoing, and needs to be understood as such.

the phrase "n*gga" in the context I framed it, is in common usage in many of the top 10 records today, just not by whites except maybe white rappers...the use of 'f*g' in the context I employed is also used in a not necessarily derogatory way, tho i admit either word is usually CURRENTLY used by mainstream white society as a slur...but so wasnt 'bitch' and 'bastard' 35 years ago....now they are lukewarm, and even at times, endearing expressions...can you see...

ideas rattled the cage way back when, they still do today...shifting sands make the machine clog, eh? words aren't the foe

RBTV

Comment

Scarlet Johanson (I don't know if I spelled it correctly), or as I like to call her, Scarlet JoHottie!

there is something strangely attractive about her.
                              President of the HCBF "DEATH TO FALSE METAL!" ClubOriginally posted by Burdizzos- What's the difference between B-Bottom and a Dildo?A dildo was good enough to be in Phoenix Rizin'

Comment

There can be only one:

Well, I'm not sure how much I can respect any man who takes Lug seriously - King Kashue
                                Sucking like that is a gift. You couldn't recognize the genius of Suck if it sat on your face and farted. -S400
                                You don't fix Lug's posts. Lug's posts fix you. - MrJoshua
                                You can be my HCBF boyfriend forever. - Sugarskull

Comment

Working...
                                X