Should i swop my guitar for this???? (pic content)

Darkmavis

• Members

hello all :) ive got a prs siglecut (pre lawsuit) and im looking for an old les paul to gig to death, ive been offered a 72 deluxe as a swop.. what do you guys think? its been converted to a standard and has no neck breaks at all...talked to the guy today, seems like a great guy and dead genuine too. is this a worthy deal pricewise?? it looks great but doent know much about older pauls ect . any advice wil be greatly apppreciated!!! the guys a few miles away from me so i could do with the advice before i travel down there, thanks guys!! heres pics of both

The PRS

P1010024.jpg

THE GIBBO

067f_1.jpg

7e32_1.jpg

996b_1.jpg

• Members

to be honest i hate the stigma attached to it, you get off stage and people assume your some guy with too much money :poke: its a great guitar but i just know that a vintage lp is the way to go, it just dont 'feel' right y'know? it sounds great n all and is good to play but its never felt like my old paul (stolen :cry::cry:) thats why ......

• Members

I'd have to go with the "don't do it" camp.

I'm not a huge PRS fan but I'd rather have that fine example than a beat to death modded 70's Deluxe.

The time period was dodgey for Gibson and it's been modded...how well was the mod done? Significant routing?

Unless the guitar absolutely screams to you that it is "the one" I wouldn't do it. And even if it did that...I'd sell the PRS and use the cash to buy the LP...you might have some left over.

Archived