Who are YOU?

FUBTAG

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Name is Richard. I am 24, a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and a journalist.

I was born in Austin, Texas, which is where 99 percent of my family lives. I was raised in southern California in Ventura County (Oxnard to be specific). I moved to Norman, Okla., when I was 15 because of my father's job. Been here ever since.

I began playing guitar around age 12, and have played every day ever since. When I moved to Norman, all of the musicians I met also played guitar, so I began fiddling with the bass. I began playing bass seriously in 2001 and I now consider it my primary instrument.

I began playing in my first band, a pop-punk band called Plan B, in 2001. Then we turned into a punk-ska band known as Third Grade Scuffle (http://www.myspace.com/thirdgradescuffle). We toured quite a bit between 2003 and 2006, and released three albums. Our last album, "Secrets Don't Make Friends But They Can Run The World" was a blast to record. We recorded in Tulsa, Okla., with Stephen Egerton of The Descendents and ALL, to name a couple bands.

The band, in a way, disbanded in 2007 since members graduated college, got married, got "real" jobs, etc. So, me and the guitarists/singer started the punk band Over Stars and Gutters (http://www.myspace.com/overstarsandgutters), in which I also played bass. There were many things about the band I didn't like and the fun factor plummeted, so I left in May 2008.

I'm not married but on Oct. 26, 2009, I will have been with my girlfriend for seven years. I have a German Shepherd-English Foxhound mix named Boston. He's a great friend.

Also, I'm a big fan of "Star Wars" and former NBA star Gary Payton. I also enjoy collecting sports cards, mostly basketball; specifically Gary Payton. I am the No. 1 Gary Payton basketball card collector in the world, and my collection can be viewed on my fan Web site: http://www.WeLoveTheGlove.com. I also enjoy smoking pipe tobacco.

Some pictures:

n9632843_36373799_2179.jpg

with Third Grade Scuffle:

(my Grizzly Fatams picture)

313990836_l.jpg

552703133_ec1c873d45.jpg

with Over Stars and Gutters:

2127369795_c7e6dd4eca.jpg

2127380037_0814a2e815.jpg

• Members

Name is Richard. I am 24, a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and a journalist.

I was born in Austin, Texas, which is where 99 percent of my family lives. I was raised in southern California in Ventura County (Oxnard to be specific). I moved to Norman, Okla., when I was 15 because of my father's job. Been here ever since.

I began playing guitar around age 12, and have played every day ever since. When I moved to Norman, all of the musicians I met also played guitar, so I began fiddling with the bass. I began playing bass seriously in 2001 and I now consider it my primary instrument.

I began playing in my first band, a pop-punk band called Plan B, in 2001. Then we turned into a punk-ska band known as Third Grade Scuffle (
). We toured q

good to see another ska fan around here

• Members

i'm 33,i'm married with one daughter.my dayghter is the first concrete evidence i've ever seen that miracles do exist...she was born on 02-25-01 at 25 weeks gestation,she wasn't due until 06-02-01,she weighed in at a whopping 1#13oz.,and was a mere 12" long.my wife and i have been together for 10 years,married for 8.i'm a red dirt country fanatic,cross canadian ragweed being my absolute favorite band,i've been palying guitar for around 10 months and i'm self taught at this point,i'm primarily a vocalist,and i write original material(i can't read a lick of music or tab,just chord charts).i work in a steel fab shop for a company called alstom power,been there 8 years.i love motorcycles,car,and electronics...oh yeah,and guitar:lol:.i'm struggling realy hard to find commited,reliable musicians to work with in my area...that's about it realy,below is a couple of examples of my originals,extremely rough and unfinished,and also a video of me doing a cover of my favorite cross canadian ragweed song...

this is about my wife,little girl,and how sometimes things just hit you...i forgot the last verse when i was recording though...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

this about shady ass friends(inpired by my two "besties":rolleyes:) that only come around when it benefits them...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

both are extremely rough and unfinished...just good ideas right now actualy...there's one more original on my channel,but i don't like it as well as these:facepalm:...and finaly

mexican sky by cross canadian ragweed...i'm tuned to e standard - a dime(430),the song is actualy recorded and performed in e flat tuning,i was just to laszy to tune my guit down:rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Damon

• Members

nice to see a fellow bald guy around here.

i like the tone of your guitar, you got a good voice too

thanks for the kind words bud...guitar's a cort mr-780-fx with dean markley alchemy gold phos 11's,i absolutely love it...it'll be creamated and placed in my urn with me:lol:

Damon

• Members

I'm 27, work as a software developer. I thought I wanted to get a Ph.D. in computer science, but dropped out once I got my master's. Happily married, took up guitar about a year and a half ago, play in a band, and would love to actually gig with it at some point.

Still learning, playing whenever I can, and writing my own songs. There's so much to learn.

• Members

I'm 27, work as a software developer. I thought I wanted to get a Ph.D. in computer science, but dropped out once I got my master's. Happily married, took up guitar about a year and a half ago, play in a band, and would love to actually gig with it at some point.

Still learning, playing whenever I can, and writing my own songs. There's so much to learn.

nice to see a fellow software developer around here

• Members

maybe i do. what do you have against gay people asshole? ill beat the livng piss out of you too you prejudice dickhead

No, not prejudice at all...in fact a member of my family is gay. But it seems you have a very large problem with being refered to as gay. Feel free to drive your sorry ass to Joliet, IL and come try and beat the living piss out of me. I welcome you to try. I am not going to tell you I have a million guns, or a black belt in some form of martial arts, or even that I'm 7 ft tall and 350 lbs. of muscle. But I do know a punkass when a see (or read) one. But if you do like dudes, send me a pic I will pass it on to my cousin.

• Members
ill report you for being prejudice against me.

I think you started out being prejudiced by talking smack on people being old in this thread and wanting to pick a fight. Now you have just threatened someone which is a direct violation of HC policies.

I see the Banhammer coming your way Noob. Better luck next time. Like someone mentioned, grow up and try again later when you can gain a little maturity (the same kind of maturity that you seem to be prejudiced against). :wave:

• Members

hello, i'm trent. i'm a 31 y/o freelance application developer living in fabulous hollywood, ca. i work for myself so i basically can do whatever i want. i'm also involved with collaboration projects with a couple of my best friends, all of whom are talented mother{censored}ers.

i started playing guitar when i was about 15 or 16 - same time as a buddy of mine. he got way good super fast and started a band. they had no drummer. he said ... "dude, learn to play drums and be in the band."

so i did. drums became my obsession and all i wanted to do.

as such, i've played pretty much every type of music that doesn't suck. and some that does suck. something like ... 8 or 9 bands over the years. best one was the stoner rock band i was in for 4 years. we had some minor success on college radio. this was in the late 90s in north carolina, where it was relatively unknown. couple years after that split up, i got up with a rad punk rock band in las vegas and we got a huge local following, but it fell apart due to half the band being irresponsible drunks.

here's me with that band rockin the {censored} out at the cooler lounge in vegas:

1234045077.jpg

(so barely tattooed!)

at this point, i'd been playin drums for over 10 years and was ready to focus on something different. that's when i started taking guitar more seriously. prior to that, i'd just kept around either a single acoustic or the occasional electric to {censored} around with, but never went very far.

that was like ... almost 4 years ago. and here we are.

i enjoy boozin, bowlin, harleyin, golfin, gamblin, computerin, video gamin, roller coasterin, gettin tattooed and generally being an ass.

here's the beginning of my right sleeve ... almost 2 years ago. in that time, my tattooer has become one of my best friends. love that guy.

n657909119_1641602_3941.jpg

here's me and mah harley:

n657909119_1641463_702.jpg

oh yeah, and i'm engaged to the raddest babe ever:

2975337933_668170c7a3.jpg

• Members

OK, I'll join. I'm 49 years old. Been a chiropractor for 12 years. I love it, but I hate fighting to get paid for what I do. Insurance companies are the scum of the earth. I have been playing since I was about 13 and I still pretty much suck.

P7120416.jpg

I played in a band in the early 80's called the Wingtips. We did 50's music all around southern cali. It was great fun. I have also played in a praise band in a huge church, but now I'm separated from my wife, so everyone considers me a heathen. I love racing motocross, but I am getting out of it. I did vintage racing a few years ago and loved that.

PA050312.jpg

I have also raced bicycles, R/C cars and trucks, surfed and a variety of other activities. Have two kids 17 and 19.

• Members

aenemated, that's how I got started playing guitar. A couple of friends of my wife and I play drums and guitar, and we started up a band with my wife learning bass and myself learning guitar.

I wanted to be the bass player, but she looked me in the eyes, and said, "No, I'm playing bass."

In retrospect, good call. Guitar is just fantastic.

Archived