Who are YOU?

FUBTAG

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's me in the pic over there. 35 yrs. old, married 11 years to my high school sweetie, and we have a 5 yr. old son.

I am a retail manager/human resources mgr.

I have a degree in Christian Theology and do a some pastoring here and there.

I'm also a hiking fanatic, nature buff, and love photography.

I have no delusions of guitar grandeur, but I think that what I lack in guitar playing talent I make up for in scrappiness.

• Members

40 years old, Married to the love of my life for 16 years, been together for 22. Two sons (12 and 7) The oldest is frantically learning Green Day and Nirvana riffs on a cheap ass guitar in his room as I type. I work in the finance department of a Local Authority.

I've been playing since I was about 14, played a few gigs in my 20's but spent about 8 years as a bedroom guitarist when the kids were young.

About 4 years ago I deceided to start playing out again, and got into a great little 4 piece band playing rock covers for fun. We play on avarage about twice a month throughout the year, and have got a couple of local festival appearances lined up after a couple of years playing in the local bars.

• Members

Andrew Joseph Coholic

sex: why yes indeed! ;) (oh... male)
kids: none yet but trying hard!

I love my job. I love being self employed, and working with my hands. WHen I went to university after high school (graduated in 89') I took three years of a four year degree in astrophysics. I loved science but hated not being able to work with my hands. So, I quit before finishing my 4th year and went to woodworking college for three years. After graduating in 95' I took over the family business from my father. I love it, and wouldnt want to do anything else. I also write a monthly article on model airplane engines for the magazine Fly RC (an American publication) for the past 5 years. I am big into the hobby of flying model planes, and have been since I was a kid.

As for guitar, I started taking lessons in 1980, at the age of 10 and have been a player ever since. I am not a great musician but I get by and gig about one weekend a month in a bar band that plays covers (mainly classic rock, and 80's/90's rock). I love music, and have also played euphonium in a british brass band for 20+ years.

I am a pretty simple kind of guy - I dont get off on fancy clothes, cars, etc. I like spending time with my wife and friends, and family. I enjoy "making stuff" - everything from guitars and canoes to snowshoes and golf clubs, etc. I get a lot of satisfaction from working with my hands. I also have a small metalworking shop and make custom model engines and parts for people when I get time.

I love dogs and have a 12 year old shephard mix, looking to get another dog sometime in the near future.

AJC
teak1.jpg
phoenix1.jpg
meandLes.jpg

• Members

Yeah, I'm a geezer.....

51 yrs old...6'5 -310 lb geezer:wave:

TrainingCamp041_edited.jpg

I think we could teach dip{censored} up there a thing or two... :thu:

Thanks for all the responses. Maybe learning about each other will bring out the better qualities of the board again... at least I hope!

• Members

Great thread! I only share so much about myself on the internets, but I'm 30+, bachelor with gf, sometimes she's live-in, sometimes not, suits me just fine. :)

I have a very good day job, but when off I live like a teenager with more money and a bit more wisdom. I would quit my day job in a second if I could find a band project that would not only satisfy me artistically but pay my bills for the rest of life, but that is harder and harder to find as you age I suppose, especially after you start a family.

Very rare cover gig out, 99% studio fun and jamming. I love being in my home basement studio at all hours of the night recording. My eventual dream house will have a purpose built music studio. I've heard it said that being in a band is like being in a marriage with no sex! That sums it up nicely, so I just jam/record with whoever I meet that has something to bring to the table and don't worry about bands or crap cover gigs I don't want to play.

Major '80s fan - music, films, culture. I would consider doing an '80s metal tribute band on weekends for fun, if I could ever get around to it, although I'd need to buy a wig.........

• Members

I'm 23, and I wanted to play music for the rest of my life, but instead I figured I probably should go to University. So I go to UBC (big U in western Canada), where I'm working on a Master's Degree in Environmental Sociology. I specifically am interested in geographies of violence, corruption, and resource extraction. I hope eventually to teach University one day.

For the moment, I teach 4 days a week at Sylvan Learning Centre, every subject grades 4-12. Its a challenge, but it keeps me busy and pays the bills.

I play music, have an awesome girlfriend, love to travel, ride a sweet vespa in the summertime, and have a dog, 4 chickens, and an awesome rabbit named pancakes.

In the summers I busk at a popular tourist location here in Vancouver (Granville Island!)

P1020778.jpg

pancakesbackground.jpg

buskingaugust20th021.jpg

• Members

i'm 19, single.... i play mostly bass, i live in Portugal... my passions are children, literature and music and my friends. i compose my own music and write my own books, both poetry and prose. not currently in a band. and im a musical gear nut in guitars, pedals, amps, basses. i still study.

i'd describe my music as Alternative Post-Metal or something like that...

no picture of me, but this gets pretty close :lol:... seriously:

• Members

Greetings to those who followed their guitar dreams and failed:

If you did, you're still better than I -- I didn't follow any dream and still failed! ME: an attorney in NYC who realized his office life is a sham. I've got a look, some money, and can get a voice going as well. I want an actual life -- if that means self destruction so f'n be it. I'd like to form a simple, hurtful band.

The bigger failure you are the better as long as you can play. I'll buy you food. Addicts, those recovering from abuse (self or in-law inflicted) are welcome. Lets form our own sound (since when did you ever hear of any band who listed 'influences' in an ad actually make it?) Let's {censored} in sinks like G-n-R did cira 1986 ({censored} -- did I mention an influence?) Actually, lets NOT 'make it', lets crash and burn and set out to ruin others dreams.

Looking to form a band who wants to be dead by 40 and rather have an article written about them 10 years after they are buried. Andy Kaufman-esque.

I can make it happen; I made it happen in the NYC legal industry from the bottom-up and will trade it all for 5 years of real existence. I'll bleed on stage.

Then I am with ya. Message me.

• Members

I'm 47 have three amazing kids, a smokin' hot wife and yes, 5... count em', 5 grandkids. I have been a pastor for 10 years and still love to rock. I have been playing lead guitar over 30 years. I still play at least an hour a day because I love the instrument and it's cheaper than therapy. I play 2 times a week in a rockin' worship band that my son leads. I enjoy mentoring younger aspiring players who want to learn lead guitar. I did session work, touring and gigging back in the day... sometimes still miss it, but made a lot of great memories.

604126392_l-1-1.jpg

• Members

I'm Tom, aged 19 for 19 more days. I'm an English major taking classes at Pierce College at Ft. Steilacoom, WA to get my GPA up to transfer to somewhere a bit more respectable. I work on the school's student literary arts magazine and intend to become an editor. I was born in Hawaii, raised in WA in a non-religious household with my parents (never divorced) and one sister, who now attends UW Seattle.

Playing guitar is my hobby, but I don't recall how long I've been at it. 6 years, I think? I took lessons for a while and have been doing my own thing since then. I took a year off from school after graduating high school to work for a home improvement company, who I still work part-time for to pay for school and fun frivolities.

I also spend some time playing FPS games on the Xbox 360 (Left 4 Dead and Call of Duty 5 right now), so add me if you want. GT "Carbohydrates".

Here's me (on the right) playing with my buddy at a Starbucks not long ago.

sbux1.jpg

• Members

Thanks everyone for some great responses. Some great pictures too.

I hope there's more hoping to add here.. some people have expressed reservations about posting info.. ONLY post info your comfortable with :thu:

Rock on everyone!

• Members

I'm 37, married, have one beautiful 2 year old daughter (workin on #2), been playing guitar since i was 13, had many bands, currently have 2 bands that gig regularly, toured extensively, currently a Real Estate Agent in Vancouver BC - PM me if you need me!. Lovin life!

me.jpg

• Members
Greetings to those who followed their guitar dreams and failed:

If you did, you're still better than I -- I didn't follow any dream and still failed! ME: an attorney in NYC who realized his office life is a sham. I've got a look, some money, and can get a voice going as well. I want an actual life -- if that means self destruction so f'n be it. I'd like to form a simple, hurtful band.

The bigger failure you are the better as long as you can play. I'll buy you food. Addicts, those recovering from abuse (self or in-law inflicted) are welcome. Lets form our own sound (since when did you ever hear of any band who listed 'influences' in an ad actually make it?) Let's {censored} in sinks like G-n-R did cira 1986 ({censored} -- did I mention an influence?) Actually, lets NOT 'make it', lets crash and burn and set out to ruin others dreams.

Looking to form a band who wants to be dead by 40 and rather have an article written about them 10 years after they are buried. Andy Kaufman-esque.

I can make it happen; I made it happen in the NYC legal industry from the bottom-up and will trade it all for 5 years of real existence. I'll bleed on stage.

:facepalm::lol: :lol:

• Members

I'm 23 ex student from near Liverpool in UK, studied Astrophysics in Uni of Liverpool . No wife (yet have the girl, but need the job to pay for her/ and the wedding).

Been playing since I was 16, I'm purely a bedroom player. Never really played with anyone.

That's about it.

• Members

I'm Jeff, 50 years old, married 18 years, and work in a dying industry (newspapers) but still enjoy it.

I'm the youngest of three guitar playing brothers, the older ones made a living at it for several years. I haven't been in a band since the late 70s, and have no desire to. I have some good friends that get together and play a few times a year, and also get together with brothers and nephews for some good music making. It's enough for me.

I also spend a few Saturdays each spring and fall shooting at some good friends on private property.

DSCN0353.jpg

Archived