NGD, Epi SG G400

FarToMany

• Members

Picked this up today, Earlier (guessing 90's) Epi SG G400. Its nasty, dirty and beat and needs a setup and some minor parts---got it with the TKL case--$100 from Craigslist--i didnt even have the heart to haggle him down and if i waited it would have been gone tommorow as someone wanted to look at it. It needs a big time fret level, but its a player for sure. I am thinking of doing a Clapton 'Fool' replica because it is that beat enough. We'll see--have to finish my SRV and Neil Young Old Black replica's first.

Anyhow, got the nasty strings tuned up and plugged it in, i actually like the sounds out of this thing. I'll see if i can get it setup quick enough to go to practice on wed night, but we'll see. This is my first Epi guitar and i am impressed, i dont know if the earlier ones are built any better than the current ones, but either way, good enough fo me.

episg1.jpg

episg2.jpg

episg5.jpg

episg3.jpg

• Members

Congrats, I wish I could find deals like that. $100 wouldn't get you anything close to that here.

Not usually around here either---just one of those right place at the right time deals. This is better than my $120 old 80's no name LP copy i bought last year and that came with a hardshell case too, and i thought that was a good deal.

• Members

I'd just polish it up and call it good (and maybe that fret level).

I bought a Schecter C-1 Classic about a year ago off of consignment that looked like it had been road hard and put away wet. I was very pleased with how well it cleaned up and the owner's neglect help me land a bargain on the price. :thu:

Archived