depression is as depression does

techristian

• Members

:thu:

We need more of this.

Dan

I do agree that it is a good idea to keep ones humor at a time like this, but I also think it is important to know where you are.

Here is another old saying for you: "Trust in God, but tie up your camels." :lol:

• Members

You know what's {censored}ing funny (well not really) about all this? My future (well in 2 months) father in law's company is making BANK right now. Whenever the stock market goes down people buy more of the companies products and since they are private owned company.

Anyhow he works for Century safe.

Personally the economy has not effected me enough to care yet, but give it time it will...

• Members

All bets are off, all rules need to be revised because although we can learn from history, the world has changed so much as to be unrecognizable to classical economists.

Yes I can predict homeless people with laptops camping outside of coffee shops for the wi-fi access. We are that addicted to technology now.

Dan

• Members

I expect that the "simple life" will become very much in vogue.

Learning to separate our source of happiness from our source of money and discretionary goods will be a positive change.

Once the media gets on board folks will be bragging to each other about how old their car is, how small their house is and how little they require in life.

Im all for this....After i finish acquiring the goodies on my gear list.

• Members

It's a huge part of this. Media coverage feeds it and people eat it up without checking facts and figures. We are suffering a true crisis of confidence.

But lets not pretend that this situation is media induced. This crisis is real. Our financial system is in terrible shape when banks can't even loan to banks.

Yes the media stokes the fires of fear, but this is a true crisis the likes of which we have not seen in our lifetime. If your retirement got wiped out the last couple of weeks the media has nothing to do with how you feel.

Archived