How fast are you?

nuke_diver

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I tried to say initially there is a speed that is needed to play a particular piece and then there is pure speed. I wanted to put up a poll to have some kind of guage but I messed up
:facepalm:

I've heard Jkater play and I cannot do that
:(
. I'm not that fast. I can maybe do 8th notes at 200 for a short period, 180 sustain. There is a speed that is needed for any piece and being slower does restrict what you can play. I'm working on pressing the limits of what I can play and how I can improve.

I'm not trying to set any records just trying to guage what I need to target long term in order to be able to play a lot of things but not necessarily everything
:cop:

Thanks nuke! That's the nice thing with fingerpicking, it's very economical (and easier) as far as speed goes. Now, with a pick... :o I am average at best but, because of the styles I play, my less-than-impressive flatpicking speed is often enough. I wish I could play faster when needed, of course, but it's a skill I have yet to develop. It will probably get better with time because I play more often with a pick now than ever in my life.

• Members

Okay, I didn't want to get into this thread -

but you know the song "Flight Of The Bumblebee" -

[YOUTUBE]MgIC6KOFySk[/YOUTUBE]

- and "The William Tell Overture"?

[YOUTUBE]JkymTHSbWe0[/YOUTUBE]

-well, I'm not quite that fast.

• Members

Im so fast, I can run around the world and punch myself in the back of my head...:evil:

Oh... or was it Chuck Norris... :p

Chuck Norris Facts

Really funny stuff. Old, but still makes me laugh. :lol:

Sorry for the off topic answer. I really dont care how fast or slow a musician plays. I just want to hear how GREAT he/she plays.:thu:

Archived