Let's see your Tele rigs

chrispscott

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the link to the build thread! :thu: I can see how it would be difficult to get those colors exactly right, but it seems like you nailed it in the end. My Esquire project might end up being substantially less complicated (and less stunningly beautiful in the end) since I would like to try doing the finish on my own and keeping it a bit more simple. Still, yours has definitely inspired me. Thanks!

Oh, and is the music from the YouTube video your band? That's a fantastic song. Really beautiful.

• Members

I don't have a Tele-specific rig.

Here are my Teles though:

64187960_82afefb188.jpg

64208937_f659426fdf.jpg

90598563_113a47e647.jpg

Amp-wise, I use a lot of different combinations. Of late (I've sorta semi-retired my '66 Super Reverb, which is probably my over-all fave, from gigging, though I break her out for special occasions), my rig, at least in my side bands, is a 1960's Sunn 200S head into one of the following:

80's Risson 4x12:

BooFest05BKwithspareaxes.jpg

'60's Kustom 1x15:

RigDynamiteDebut52507.jpg

DIY 2x12 (made from a gutted Crate combo) with a couple silverback Celestions stuck in:

l_3bb53bfbb7da950d9b088f9c216fe949.jpg

The Sunn is actually a bass head technically, and I've used it as such as well. Guitars are in rotation at my whim and caprice, as the photos indicate, please forgive the non-Teles.

In my main band, I had been using the Sunn head too, but primarily because the high gain channel input jack on my Sovtek Mig 50H "Tube Midget" was busted. I will probably go back to using the Sovtek for my main punk rock and roll band, as that's what I've been playing in practices ever since the repair. As with the Sunn, the Sovtek will be used with any of the various cabs above.

Here's a shot of the Sovtek on my DIY 2x12, set vert:

Celestion2x12.jpg

It'll push the halfstack and Kustom shown above as well.

I'm looking forward to starting playing in church again soon, for that I'll probably use this lowly little Crate GX-40C I just picked up for 80 bucks:

crategx40c.jpg

• Members

Best wishes on giving it a try,Tweedledee.

You have heaps more courage than I could ever muster up though I'm sure shooting for less complications may be the wiser things to do! Case in point: A very adept scratch guard-making friend of mine has been scratching our heads as to how to get this one done right! And sincere thanks for the kind words. The two of us have very little time to track new music in our little home studio, but hope to have an album's worth of more pretty tunes ready for mixing/mastering by sometime this summer. We'll see... ;)

• Members

For those who've done it, do you like the Tele bridge/P90 combo? I'm thinking of building a Tele myself and just looking for opinions.

Beautiful guitars one and all! This thread is not helping with my Tele GAS!

Technically a Dream 90 isn't a real P90 so this may not apply to me but I absolutely love the combo. I've got a SD Broadcaster in the bridge and when I play them together it gets this great Keith Richards-esque chunk that's great for Stones chords but it's still got some bit on the high end.

A buddy of mine liked mine so much that he had me build him on that was similar except I put a real P90 in instead of a Dream 90 and it sounds pretty great as well. He was looking to save some cash so I put a GFS Hot 62 Alnico in the bridge and they have a nice balance with the P90.

There are some beautiful rigs in this thread that I can't even begin to address all of them. :thu: everyone

Steve_Man what kind of Hot Rod is that?

Stormin what kind of specs are your Partscasters running? Looks like GFS Fatbottoms for pups.

• Members

For those who've done it, do you like the Tele bridge/P90 combo?

Yes!

GFS P90 in a Turser Rosewood

lots of people say it should have a black cover. Next time I change the strings it will get one. The bridge is a vintage spanky MIJ pup. Good combo.:thu:

RW1.jpg

Mexican Fender Squier Series, modded by po. The neck is the same as a MIA of the same period. The neck P90 is GREAT, the bridge one, not nearly as much. I think it is improperly placed. Soon to be fixed.

P90Tele004.jpg

Archived