Let's see your Double-Necks

JohnnyRaincheck

• Members

• Members

Not mine, belongs to a close friend. Original pre-lawsuit Ibby double neck. Enjoy!!

20070725_0009.jpg

20070725_0010.jpg

20070725_0011.jpg

Nice 2670 - not a true lawsuit guitar because that was a replica of the

Rex Bogue doubleneck made for John McLaughlin and Rex allowed Ibanez

to photograph the guitar just for such a purpose.

It's really a doubleneck version of the Bob Weir guitar but the 2670

is best known as the Artwood Twin.

I've always wanted one but the $9000 they wanted for the recently

handbuilt replicas was too rich for me.

Kind of impractical too.

• Members

Mine plays very nicely. It's looked down upon by some people because it's a bolt-on neck(s) model, and the body is plywood with maple veneer. It's a 1996 made in Korea.

The stock pickups are still in the 12-string side, and they are pretty generic. The previous owner dropped at set of Gibson 490R/498Ts in the 6-string side, and they sound great.

It's frickin' heavy. Just about 12 pounds.

• Members

Mine plays very nicely. It's looked down upon by some people because it's a bolt-on neck(s) model, and the body is plywood with maple veneer. It's a 1996 made in Korea.

The stock pickups are still in the 12-string side, and they are pretty generic. The previous owner dropped at set of Gibson 490R/498Ts in the 6-string side, and they sound great.

It's frickin' heavy. Just about 12 pounds.

Mine is very similar to yours but it's a set neck model made in 1997. The body is veneered plywood also. I know it has a veneer cause the veneer cracked along the back and separated from the body a little. The newer ones have mahogany bodies.

I replaced the pickups with 2 sets of Epi Elitist pups and it sounds great. It is heavy but it balances well and you really don't feel it.

Archived