what do you still want to get

Alchemist

• Members

Id like a...

Mills 412 cab

Some various eminence speakers to play with (man o wars,wizard, swamp thang)

Beater/gigger gibson : such as a faded v, or faded explorer/sg or anything from the gibson gothic series..

Other than that...enough $$ to get my krank amp from layaway and more skills...hahah

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Over the next few years I'd really like to pick up a Twin Reverb, vintage or otherwise (but probably a Silverface). I'd also like to pick up a vintage Champ, or better yet a Vibro Champ.

This fall I hope to have a Mason Strat built to my specs :cool:

At some point I really want a custom shop strat, but I'm in no rush. I'd also like to expand my pedal board a bit, but I get by just fine as is.

All in due time...

• Members

I've been anting to go into the boutique amp market, so I'm getting ready to sell my two combo amps (Crate Vintage Club 30 and fender Hot Rod Deluxe) and buy a Ceria Tone Overtone Special or Overtone HRM. These are Dumble clones.

• Members

I sold off some nice gear this year ( 2 Carvins,2 LP's,a Heritage H140 and more ).I miss all of it.I should have a few drachmas next month to relocate and pick up a guitar.I want a used MiM Tele and a Vox Pathfinder.

This should be all I need,my playing sux ,and I started collecting gear instead of playing more.

• Members

Looking to pick up a hobby...

I'm planning on building a small audio tube amp kit to learn and experiment with, then move on to adding a tone stack and leveraging it into a guitar amp.

Figure out all those high school and college electronics that I understood enough to pass the test, but never enough to put to practical use.

I love to learn, and this interweb thingy seems to have no end of resources both good and bad.

Oh, and I'd like me a Hamer USA Studio. But that'll take some saving up and some herd thinning.

• Members

i'd love an old gutted Les Paul, or an old beat up fender twin. i love tinkering, and i think breathing new life into old gear is kind of beautiful. I'm waiting till i find that priceless vintage artifact at some grandma's garage sale for dirt cheap. It could happen!

• Members

not GAS.... I would describe GAS as that uncontrollable feeling where you really have to buy something, like jonesin for crack
:o:lol:

but what do you still WANT, ie a rational desire that doesnt have to be satisfied instantly

I don't know if I can really distinguish between the two.

But on the list is:

273921.jpg

577434.jpg

Probably the most logical, least GAS item for "want" is a deep bassy dreadnaught.

271789.jpg

I've got a couple really good acoustics, like a Martin EC-00028EC and an Alvarez MD5000, but I don't have "the tone" I've been wanting yet.

I like a deep boomy acoustic with a jangle to the top end as well.

• Members

I'm just kicking off my own consulting practice, and I've promised myself that if I hit my business goals I'm going to treat myself to a Carvin double-cut carved top... something like this one. I've always been a fan of Carvins.

94695.jpg

congrats on your new business:thu:

time to celebrate with a new guitar!

• Members

HEY BLINGDOG YOUR BACK

but i would want a pedal that has harmonies and uhm i guess a wah and a les paul haah

HEY MIKE, WHAT'S UP! :wave:

Good to see you again, I hope you've been staying out of trouble while I was gone :cop::D

And you reminded me that I gotta get a wah pedal too. I can't believe I still don't have one of those yet. I really need it for when I play Hendrixy stuff.

• Members

I'm pretty happy with guitar to amp. I like simple.

I do really want a dinosaur Fender Reverb unit.. something from the 50s. And aside from that I think an Ibanez UE-300 3in1 pedal would be pretty sweet. Original Tube Screamer, Chorus, and Compressor.

That's pretty much it.

• Members

Where have you been hiding Doggman?

:wave:

Hey Mouseman :wave: I took a little break from this forum for a while, needed to sort out things in real life. I remember you took a break once or twice before, it feels good doesn't it? I think everyone needs that sometimes. I got laid off from work so I'm having a rough time these days that's why I've been away.

It's good to be back though, to see all these familiar faces (and guitar-playing-mice :D)

• Members

A Rickenbacker 330

A Gretsch, something like a White Falcon or a Tennessee Rose

A boutique LP-type guitar, like a McNaught or a McInturff

An Anderson Cobra

A good small boutique amp, like a Carr Mercury or a Gries SeaHorse

and a bunch of other stuff

• Members

not GAS.... I would describe GAS as that uncontrollable feeling where you really have to buy something, like jonesin for crack
:o:lol:

but what do you still WANT, ie a rational desire that doesnt have to be satisfied instantly

Honestly? Nothing. I am 100% completely satisfied (finally) with my board. I have lots of great playing and sounding guitars, and I have enough higher end tube amp heads (6 now) and 6 cabs of various configuration and speaker type to satisfy ALL my needs and then some.

I am quite happy not wanting to want anything - and my wife is even more so :)

AJC

• Members

Near future:

- USA Tele, selling my MIM to finance it (I'd ideally like an american deluxe or a thin-skin)

- New amp (This is tricky, I'm not sure exactly what to get, I am looking at the Vox handwired custom classics)

- A quality Martin acoustic

Future future:

- Gretsch White Falcon

- Manson custom

How realistic this all is, is another story.

• Members

Very well...where to begin?

Black Strat with white pickguard, black pickups, maple fretboard, and pearl inlays

Jackson King V

Jackson RR...well, a couple of them

ESP Alexi V, I really like the cutaway

Yellow Telecaster with white pickguard

Ibanez RG with funky colors

ESP Eclipse

ESP MH-1000

ESP KH

ESP EX

Gibson Les Paul Standard, Custom

Ibanez Jem

and then...

Peavy 5150

A couple Krank amps

Couple Marshalls

A few Fender amps

Couple Mesa Boogies

A nice collection of Orange

and a Bugera combo just for the hell of it

And this list, gentlemen, is why I'm a business major.

Archived